Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade leg on award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Downgrade leg on award ticket

Will Delta allow you to book one leg in coach on a Business Class International Ticket. I booked online at 100,000 miles Sna-LHr CDG-ATL-
ATL-LAX as there were no first class award tickets at the 100,000 mile level available on the ATL-SNA leg. THere are coach seats at eh 40,000 mile award level available.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta, United
You can book what ever you want and Delta will charge you what ever they want. If you are both are happy then you get to fly. If the leg becomes open, even using the same number of miles you can not change without a charge.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I got in trouble today by calling to change an award flight. I had booked online any possible avaialble flights for a Business class International award ticket at the 100,000 mile level. I called tonight before doing the final ticketing to see if there was a better flight at the same mileage requirement. The CSR found me another flight and said I could book it now online. When I went online the mileage requirement went from 100,000 miles to 240,000 miles. It was the final domestic segment of a European trip. Of course now there are no flights at the lower mileage levels. I did get the CSR to put it on hold for a few days and will hope something comes up.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Welcome to Delta Award Travel Hell ... you have to be very specific and use the key words "when I tried this on the website it would not do it" Works best int. travel on a partner airline. Of course you might get transfered to website support and the folks based in the USA are pretty helpful. The outside call centers try to be helpful but there is a communication gap that is just too annoying most of the time.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
So what happens when you book a ticket in F round trip then DL changes the equipment on 2 legs that have no F? You get put back in Y? Does DL "give back" some mileage?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by amps
So what happens when you book a ticket in F round trip then DL changes the equipment on 2 legs that have no F? You get put back in Y? Does DL "give back" some mileage?

I had this happen a little over a year ago on a transcon. I did not ask for some mileage back but all my miles back. They accomodated and I purchased the trip outright.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.