Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Standby List available now (or are FTer's loosing their "edge"?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Standby List available now (or are FTer's loosing their "edge"?)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Dm, CO Silver Elite, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Marriott SLVR
Delta dot com view upgrade list

anyone else notice the new link when you check in to view the upgrade list. looks like delta dot com might steal the best from nwa.com ^
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...heir-edge.html

This has been discussed for a while now.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jneubarth
anyone else notice the new link when you check in to view the upgrade list. looks like delta dot com might steal the best from nwa.com ^
Yes and this is the 4'th "new thread" started about it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...heir-edge.html
Old Mar 23, 2009, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
There is no need for another thread on this subject.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Mar 23, 2009, 2:33 pm

Just an update for those trying the first time. If you have 2 flights and you're waitlisted on the 2nd one, the upgrade status appears exactly 24 hrs before that flight. It indicates your number in the queue, no names or status.
Works great so far...now if I only keep my current waitlist number
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Online Upgrade Status Missing Prior to Flight Time?

Coming back from IAD this past weekend (connecting in ATL of course) I was able to see my position on the list for my connecting flight while at IAD but once we landed in ATL I couldn't check the list for my next flight anymore.

The message was "you have to check in to see your status" or something to this effect. Clearly I had checked in since I was on the first flight. For the next hour I tried several times but no luck. The E concourse gate in ATL didn't have GIDS so I had no idea if I made it until I was paged just prior to boarding.

Is it normal for the upgrade status to become non-functional for the hour or so before departure?

Looking forward to this coming to the mobile version as long as it continues to work right up to departure!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Just to clarify: the number of "seats available" is based upon what exactly? And how does that information compare with the information on the GIDS (I think it also has seats assigned/not assigned??

Also, between flight-24hrs and flight-3hrs, there is a separate upgrade list maintained for people who have not yet checked in yet vs. the airport controlled list?

Last edited by kahuna613; Apr 17, 2009 at 8:51 am
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta GM
Where does it tell you number of seats left?

I can see I'm #1 of 1 on the upgrade list, but where does it say how many first class seats are open. Or does it?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I doubt that it does. For that you need Expert Flyer, KVS, or seatcounter. First two are subscription, the other is free but the free one does not show V availability for domestic upgrades.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by stalefish10
I can see I'm #1 of 1 on the upgrade list, but where does it say how many first class seats are open. Or does it?
If the screen still looks anything like the screenshot in the first post of this thread then the seat availability count for both first class and coach will be displayed right on the page that shows you where you are on the list.

Check again or maybe take a screen shot for us and post it.

-RM
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Does Delta's Online Upgrade and Standby List commit the cardinal sin of using the seatmap instead of actual seats available for sale?!?!

Just checked in for a flight today. Online Upgrade screen says there are 6 Available Seats in First. Expert Flyer is only showing F4.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Just checked in for a flight today. Online Upgrade screen says there are 6 Available Seats in First. Expert Flyer is only showing F4.
I think once the flight goes over to airport control ExpertFlyer is no longer accurate. Not sure though.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Does Delta's Online Upgrade and Standby List commit the cardinal sin of using the seatmap instead of actual seats available for sale?!?!

The number provided by OLCI upgrade is the number seats still needing for assignment not the number of seats available to be sold
Old May 21, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
I am flying IAD-ATL-STT tomorrow....the upgrade list for ATL-STT is not showing at all. Why might that be?

Also, I'm the only person checked in right now for IAD-ATL, but it says "1 passenger on upgrade list, please see agent for priority." Will that (the bit about seeing the agent) change once someone else checks in?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by kahuna613
Just to clarify: the number of "seats available" is based upon what exactly? And how does that information compare with the information on the GIDS (I think it also has seats assigned/not assigned??
This hasn't been successfully answered in this thread. What does "seats available" mean on the online standby list?

It could be: A) number of seats available for sale on the flight/cabin;
B) hard seats available (Aircraft/Cabin Capacity - Seats Booked);
C) seats not yet assigned (this is basically useless data if there are tons of confirmed passengers without seat assignments);
D) seats not yet checked in (also useless for advance planning - who cares if there are 20 "available" seats on the flight you're standing by for if there are 20 people with preassignments in those seats that just haven't checked in yet???)

So which of these is the online standby list? And how is it useful?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.