Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Standby List available now (or are FTer's loosing their "edge"?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Standby List available now (or are FTer's loosing their "edge"?)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:14 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
The picture clearly shows the name/elite level.
For you - not the others on the list.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Sorry - ok, I see the name. I also see an elite level but I'm not sure if that's showing the elite level for the passenger or that's just the "dummy" name used by the web developers during testing.

Plus, what does "ONE" mean? I see "TESTACCOUNT/PWM PLAT ONE".

-RM
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sorry - ok, I see the name. I also see an elite level but I'm not sure if that's showing the elite level for the passenger or that's just the "dummy" name used by the web developers during testing.

Plus, what does "ONE" mean? I see "TESTACCOUNT/PWM PLAT ONE".

-RM
It's the dummy name that comes before TESTACCOUNT/PWM PLAT TWO...
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Thank you DWD! A very nice improvement!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: MR PremPlat, DL DM 1M, AA Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Here is what I can see...Click here to see screen capture

Can't wait when I check-in on Thursday...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Tomphot
So when a lot of people show up at the airport and check in, everything I've already looked at will change a lot I guess.
Exactly. So, this "enhancement" is nice, but it's not the end-all, be-all.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: skymiles
Originally Posted by cvgflyer2
good, no more having to call sms to ask and get no really good answer. i can help myself now!^
Delta's Res-GUI doesn't allow access to the Airport Stand-by list unless your lucky to get an agent that also worlks Delta Direct. So calling SMS to answer this question will continue to be a dead-end.

There is an entry that allows agents to view the standby list for both domestic and international flights 331 days in advance (especially helpful if you want to know if who else is waitlisted for the same D531 international upgrade) but it's not standard training for SMS or international agents.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Thumbs up Online Upgrade List Now Available

I happened to check on my itinerary for tomorrow and the View Upgrade & Standby List link is now available. ^^^

You can see the number of available seats for each cabin without checking in.

You must check in to display your position on the list.

It functioned correctly for me. Now if the U fare upgrade clears, all will be right with the universe.

After I posted, I noticed it is supposed to show Standbys as well as Upgrades (I'm confirmed, so I couldn't test that, but I would expect it to work).

Last edited by SeaClay007; Mar 18, 2009 at 9:53 pm Reason: It's for Standbys, too...
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Repost

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...heir-edge.html
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
@$#@$@#!@ it! I did a search and everything and it came up empty.

And I was psyched to actually start a thread...
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:14 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I used this on Tues - ATL-LGA
checked in @ 9am Mon and was #4 of 8 with 4 seats open
Checked again in the evening and was #4 of 20 with 4 seats open.
Get to airport and am #11 of 54 with 2 seats open - saw 1 air marshal board in FC so that's where at least 1 of the seats went.

About the only good this will do is show you how many FC seats are not sold the day before.

It may be helpful if they would show the list for everyone ticketed on the flight even if they have not checked in - that way you would only have good news at the airport if there are no-shows.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Tomphot
It may be helpful if they would show the list for everyone ticketed on the flight even if they have not checked in - that way you would only have good news at the airport if there are no-shows.
You would still be missing out on those that SDC.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: DL 2MM
This is very cool....but. When I checked in last night for my TPA-ATL flight, it said I was #3 of 5 for the 10 available seats. This morning I checked again to see how many more had checked in and I'm now #4 of 5 for 11 available seats.

My best guess is that 2 people SDC for an earlier flight vacating a reserved seat and a position on the standby list. Then someone else checked in and trumped my U fare.
Here's what displays.

Flight 24 : Tampa, FL to Atlanta, GA on 20 Mar 2009 (Flight 1 of 1)
#4 of 5 on Upgrade List

Current Seat Availability Seat Availability First Coach
Total Available Seats 11 15

Your position on the list may change. Upgrade and standby priority is determined by factors such as fare type, frequent flyer elite status, and accommodating passengers impacted by canceled/delayed flights.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:22 am

I saw that when I checked in this morning for flights for wife & I BDL-MBJ tomorrow. There are 3 open F seats on the BDL-ATL flight and we are currently 1 & 2 and the ATL-MBJ flight has 17 open F seats and we are 2 & 3. This sure beats waiting until I get to the airport to see.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:44 am
Original Poster

The number you are seeing in terms of priority is based around those that have checked in. so if someone with high priority than you checks in after you, they are placed on the airport standby list and thus it changes your priority. if you check in 23 hours before the flight its absolutely going to change between then and when you arrive at the airport. probably more times than you would ever realize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.