Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club/CRC Wish List

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by phaedrus
plus the bartender adds class...
Hello?!?! have you seen the bartenders at JFK? Some barely speak English and others only grunt when you say "please" and "thank you" classy!

Besides, I'd prefer to be the one to decide if my wine glass is warm/just out of the dishwasher or room temp.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
free wifi
no bartenders
free membership for elites
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
(1) New couches for the CVG B CRC (like, seriously, hurry) (keep, however, the CVG A club just the way it is...I like the Carew Tower-inspired ersatz art deco thing going on).

(2) Refurb the ATL clubs. The A and B25 clubs are the best, but are seriously showing their age, especially compared to the DTW WCs.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
1. Get rid of the JFK bartenders. Especially the ones at the former BE lounge betweer Gates 10-11. Really rude. That's one of my favorite clubs though, otherwise, in the dump that is JFK - fewer people are there because it is out of the way, so it's uncrowded, and lots of food in the evenings, unlike T2 CRC which runs out fast.
2. Free wifi.
3. Kiosk - never thought of this one, but it sounds like a great idea.
4. Self-serve soft drinks. Check with ANA, Singapore Airlines, and Alitalia on how to do it nicely and with class.
5. Update the decor to 21st century standards please. Too much heavy leather and dark colors. Make it lighter, brighter, more contemporary.

Last edited by Buster CT1K; Mar 17, 2009 at 9:30 am
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:53 pm

Programs: Independent
I actually would like to see two different levels of clubs.

A basic level club, which is really nothing more than a quieter area to sit in. Something more comfortable than a bench seat; free soft drinks and maybe snack mix and biscotti; and a few work tables and desks. Charge for drinks and offer a T-Mobile hotspot, maybe sell cards at a cheap price. But offer this at a reduced rate, and maybe as a perk for upper medallion level customers.

The have a premium club offering, with free booze, better food, free wireless, quiet areas, etc. so that those who really want those things can have them. These can be more luxurious and offer better service.

As for the kiosks - why don't they put more of them outside the clubs and in the general gate areas?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The Ticket newsletter recently mentioned that CRC/SkyClubs will go to free wifi soon...initially with free T-Mobile cards and then card-free at a later date...anyone else heard this?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I heard last year from an internal DL source they were considering moving to free wifi, to match NW. This is the first corroboration I have heard.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I think a good compromise would be fountain/self-serve soft-drinks and coffee along with tended bar for alcohol... at least in the clubs that already have tended bar. For those that are already self-service (WC or CRC) I say leave it as-is. More than anything, I think some of the smaller clubs that are the only to serve a given airport (MIA comes to mind) need some major revamping. Some Pan-Am easter-eggs in the decorations would be a nice touch as well (since they're borrowing the "Sky Club" name).
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:15 pm

Thumbs down

I would like some more varied, non-carb food choices. Currently in FLL and the choices this afternoon are apples(red or green), biscoffs, and pretzel balls. I would kill for a P Club style peppercorn cheese spread, or a veggie plate or some even some trail mix etc.

I understand that adding hot food to minor clubs is a bit of an imposition, but just some variance in the dry snacks would be great.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Some Pan-Am easter-eggs in the decorations would be a nice touch as well (since they're borrowing the "Sky Club" name).
Don't forget, a large chunk of the former Pan Am became part of DL a while back as well...
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Plat, Amtrak Select
How about one of those self-serve expresso/cappucino/hot chocolate machines in every Sky Club, like the one at the WC in MEM? And don't lose the biscotti and Nutella
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=marais;11435578]How about one of those self-serve expresso/cappucino/hot chocolate machines in every Sky Club, like the one at the WC in MEM? And don't lose the biscotti and Nutella [/QUOTE

Agree with everyone re:
- Free wifi without cards
- Better washroom amenities (tp, mouthwash, etc.)
- More/better snacks -- veggie/fruit tray, cheese, etc.
- More power outlets. And how about a "charging bar" area, with multiple power strips and some common power cords available
- Eliminate bartenders
- Cappucino machine mentioned above. For the soft drinks - Coke is testing its new "fountain of the future" which allows 100+ combinations of flavors. When they roll it out, it would be perfect for the clubs if they can make a smaller model
- Freshly brewed iced tea
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
This will probably get me killed, but either don't allow or limit the numbers of small children in the clubs at any time.
Of all the suggestions, this is my favorite. How about a true 21 and over club...

Keep the free booze, free wi-fi, etc. Limiting the guests, especially the kids would improve the club 200%.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL - Plat Medlln
[QUOTE Hello?!?! have you seen the bartenders at JFK? Some barely speak English and others only grunt when you say "please" and "thank you" classy!

QUOTE]

This comment is SO unnecessary ! So what if someone's english is not perfect? I have been served by some of the nicest bartenders at the JFK clubs. I guess you would prefer the non-english speaking workers to be cleaning the club.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I hate having to wait in line and tip to get something as simple as a diet coke. I say no to bartenders!
Or a glass of water. At the CRCs in ATL, the bottled water is set out for self-serve. At JFK T2, you are forced to wait until the bartender finsihes his/her conversation in the back (you can hear thru the open door) before they will step out to get you a glass of water. And it always seems like they give me a warm glass out of the dishwasher as payback for making them actually serve me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.