Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club/CRC Wish List

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
Sky Club/CRC Wish List

So we've all seen the numerous threads with titles like "OMG!! DL is going to DESTROY the WCs!!!" What I haven't seen is a nice simple wish list of (easily?) made changes to the clubs. Obviously major structural changes to a club layout might be nice, but not something that could be accomplished immediately.

That being said here are some small changes/retentions that could "enhance" the club experience for me.

1. Better food options. I'd love to be able to have a "non-starch" option whenever I'm in a club, probably easiest would be a vegetable plate and more fruit options. I do love the Biscoffs (especially dipped in coffee) but sometimes need a bit more. Maybe even start offering an equivalent of the EATS program in the club, where we can buy a variety of food. Would help for those occasional 3-4 hour layovers when I'd prefer to just stay in the club.

2. Keep the free alcohol. I don't drink that much, but when traveling will often have 1-2 drinks. (I actually prefer coffee). I think this is a major perk of the club system and would hate to have to pay 5-7 bucks for a shot of baileys for my coffee or mid-level bourbon. The only way I could possibly justify paying for booze in a club is if it was top shelf quality and a nominal price...

3. More power. As in electrical power. Some of the CRCs I've been in have really scattered power sources, or seem only to be available in a dark corner of the club. I think this could be accomplished with the use of power strips or if needed adding some more wiring. I like the concourse A CVG CRC, has a nice view from it. Unfortunately if I want to sit next to the windows there is no power and to charge things need to trundle off to a different part of the club.

4. Upgrade the washroom. So an ad I saw for the CRCs touted their "executive washrooms." That's right up there with calling Peanut M+Ms a "premium snack." The TP offerings in these clubs are about as thin a piece of paper as you can get! Not to mention the 1/2 cm holes in the paper. Its sad when the actual airport facilities are in better shape and better serviced than the CRC.

This is a bit larger upgrade but I'd also love a seperate washroom from the main toilets. After a long/overnight flight I often either take out/put on my contacts, brush my teeth, sometimes shave, etc... A seperate facility with just wash basins would be nice (and probably more sanitary).

So what other easy changes could DL make to enhance the DSC experience?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
This will probably get me killed, but either don't allow or limit the numbers of small children in the clubs at any time.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:01 am

Really, from a Crown Room member's perspective, I'd say

1) Free Wifi. And I mean truly just free wifi. No need for T-mobile scratch off cards or whatever. Just easily accessible, free Internet access.

2) For Crown Rooms that are consistently packed, more space. I'm not asking for tons of free space in every CR, but if you have some crown rooms that consistently have no free seating available (as is the case with at least one ATL crown room), do something about it.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Lifetime Plat/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
This will probably get me killed, but either don't allow or limit the numbers of small children in the clubs at any time.
I have to agree with you CarolDisney. It makes the CRC very crowded when 1 CRC member comes in with his/her spouse and 4 children, each of whom take up 2 chairs each with all of their blankets, games, bags, etc. Good luck finding a seat then!

Honestly, I think the fairest way would be to limit each CRC member to 2 guests, whether they be adults, children, other family members, etc.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

1). Soup

2). Showers

3). Free wifi for all admitted

4). Close and start from scratch with the B CRCs
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: DL FO
Keep the bartenders.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
Originally Posted by seacruiser
Keep the bartenders.
Ditch the bartenders. The World club layout of self serve is much better.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:29 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Keep the bartenders.
Personally I much prefer NW's self-serve bars ... and not just because I don't feel the need to tip anyone then.

To steal an idea from CO (seen at the SAT PC, don't know if this is all clubs or selection varies), I loved that they had Honey Nut Cheerios and milk in the morning! (I was on a very early flight so didn't get to have breakfast before heading to the airport)
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Biggest wish: That lifetime WC members convert to lifetime Sky Club members.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: DL FO
[QUOTE]Ditch the bartenders. The World club layout of self serve is much better./QUOTE]

The bartenders add class.

Most folks I know don't know how to mix a proper classic cocktail.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
The bartenders add longer waits and a guilty feeling when you don't tip them.
If you don't know how to mix your own cocktail, then perhaps it would be good to learn!

As for my wish-list:

Keep the WC food options and offer the free wifi (without the need to get a card).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I'll agree with the limit on guests and children. Now, if all are traveling BE/F, then they can come in. But, if they are using one card for entrance, then please only 2 guests of any age. At SLC, on some of the school holidays, even the "quiet area" of the CRC is noisy.
I don't mind the bartenders. At SLC, they will need to have one, anyway (state law).
I do wish that there will be more food options. More protein and veggie options would be nice.
Perhaps a DSC at each airport with international arrivals should be configured as a special place with "freshen up" facilities at the domestic terminals. I'd rather be sure that I'm all ready security/connection flight-wise, then go do my thing at the DSC. Have a washroom with disabled-sized toilet stalls so that it is easier to change clothes. Maybe even have some complimentary spray deodorant on the counter!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:13 pm

[QUOTE=seacruiser;11403936]
Ditch the bartenders. The World club layout of self serve is much better./QUOTE]

I hate having to wait in line and tip to get something as simple as a diet coke. I say no to bartenders!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
This is supposed to be an executive club with first class amenities, then make sure that is keeps up with the reputation.

Free wifi

better snacks - veggie plates would be nice - any sort of variety

premium alcohol (what, no Crown Royal in the Crown Room?)

more power outlets

upgrade the washrooms - TP needs an upgrade!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
I know this is really a pipe dream, but how about a whole new, clean, modern identity/decor to go with the new name Sky Club - something along the lines of Europe's better clubs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.