Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No GIDS at RDU?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

No GIDS at RDU?

This morning was our first time flying DL out of the new Terminal 2 at RDU. I was surprised to see in the brand new terminal there were no GIDS. Does anyone know if DL plans on adding them?

Also does anyone know when the CRC will be opening up at RDU?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I doubt there will be GIDS. I believe the new terminal is set up to be a CUTE terminal, so it's a bit harder to customize the gates to an airlines own designs.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by mersk862
I doubt there will be GIDS. I believe the new terminal is set up to be a CUTE terminal, so it's a bit harder to customize the gates to an airlines own designs.
Indeed it is.

RDU’s Terminal 2 is a common use facility and is designed to function as a shared environment for many functions as opposed to each carrier having entirely its own assigned and exclusively used space. It also features one IT infrastructure over which all airline and tenant voice communication and data are transmitted.
http://www.rdu.com/terminal2/media/k...spotlights.htm
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
What would be great is for the CUTE airports to come up with some sort of a GIDS interface to use. DL, NW, AA and UA all have some sort of feature at several of their airports to show upgrade/standby lists, facts about the flight, etc. CO is also rolling this out this year. I'd love to have something at LAS/RDU that could be shared amongst airlines, but shows the standby/upgrade/cleared lists minimally.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Personally, I don't think I've seen GIDS at any location outside of the hubs, SEA and MCO. Do they really put them in at other stations?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by sdlevi27

Also does anyone know when the CRC will be opening up at RDU?
I asked the GA 2 weeks ago and the answer I got was some time in June. The CRC will be located on the upper level next to the current Admiral's Club.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
Personally, I don't think I've seen GIDS at any location outside of the hubs, SEA and MCO. Do they really put them in at other stations?
FLL and PBI has them. SNA does not.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by najay
FLL and PBI has them. SNA does not.
SNA is technically a CUTE airport as well from what I remember.

JAX has the GIDS, and I believe one poster has said the even an airport as small as HSV has them. BOS, LGA, LAX, SFO and ORD also all have them.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I believe JAX was the test airport for the GIDS...at least JAX along with others like GSO were test airports for the new boarding pass scanners when they started almost a decade ago.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:08 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
DCA has them as well
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:35 pm

There are 23 airports with GIDs.

ATL, BDL, BOS, CVG, DCA, DFW, EWR, FLL, HSV, JAX, JFK, LAX, LEX, LGA, MCO, ORD, PBI, RSW, SEA, SFO, SJU, SLC, and TPA.

Most likely. There are airports that will not allow GIDs (or other airline equivalents) because of common use or the airline not having ownership of the gate.

What would be great is for the CUTE airports to come up with some sort of a GIDS interface to use. DL, NW, AA and UA all have some sort of feature at several of their airports to show upgrade/standby lists, facts about the flight, etc. CO is also rolling this out this year. I'd love to have something at LAS/RDU that could be shared amongst airlines, but shows the standby/upgrade/cleared lists minimally.
I agree. This is obviously the way that the airlines are moving...CUTE airport terminals will need to adapt.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
Originally Posted by aeolos
There are 23 airports with GIDs.
what about Detriot???/
ATL, BDL, BOS, CVG, DCA, DFW, EWR, FLL, HSV, JAX, JFK, LAX, LEX, LGA, MCO, ORD, PBI, RSW, SEA, SFO, SJU, SLC, and TPA.

Most likely. There are airports that will not allow GIDs (or other airline equivalents) because of common use or the airline not having ownership of the gate.

Does Detriot have the Gids?

I agree. This is obviously the way that the airlines are moving...CUTE airport terminals will need to adapt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.