Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

New Rule RE Unused Ticket Vouchers & DL Dollars?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador

I'll apologize upfront in case this has already been discussed...

The agent in the DCA Crown Room just informed me that you can only apply one voucher (either unused ticket portion or delta dollars) at a time. It used to be that you could apply up to three at a time. I can't imagine any motivation for DL to implement this new rule other than to scam a few more $$$ out of us. I usually have a slew of small value vouchers that I periodically bundle for a ticket purchase.
Old May 29, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Unless this is something new in the past 2 days, she's probably wrong. I just pooled 3 $100 Delta Dollars ($300 total) for a ticket purchased on Tuesday. Did it online via the "e-Credits" payment option.

*Note, while SC agents are quite skilled in some areas, I've found that there are some things that they are less adept at taking care of.
Old May 29, 2009, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
There were actually two agents and they both attested to the rule, only they claimed it wasn't even new but "been this way for a while." So I'm guessing they are just wrong or maybe we have more functionality online than they do at their terminal?
Old May 29, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
I believe the agent is correct in regard to unused tickets... I have not been able to combine the value from two unused tickets to pay for even part of one ticket.
Old May 29, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: DM
I was able to apply credits from 2 leftover tickets and an ecredit yesterday. I did this online....
Old May 29, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
I did receive a couple of NW vouchers last week and they are not able to be combined.... not sure if this is a policy that is being adopted by DL

"Electronic Credit Vouchers that were issued for service-related events (such as delayed flights or denied boarding compensation) may not be combined with each other. However, an Electronic Credit Voucher issued for a service-related event may be combined with a voucher that was issued for a reduction in fare, or 2 vouchers issued for a fare reduction may be combined with each other. To apply more than one voucher toward a ticket, please contact Northwest Airlines Reservations." Link
Old May 30, 2009, 2:05 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I've come to the conclusion that they can do whatever they want.

About 6 months agio, I had 3 DL vouchers for $25 each that were not electronic vouchers (got them for delayed luggage) and they specifically stated that only one voucher could be used at a time. I mentioned to the DL agent that these vouchers were essentially useless because they could only be used one at a time, required me to physically turn them in to use them, required me to drive 35 rt to use them and pay parking at the airport while I waited for the agent to issue the ticket, and pay a $20 ticket fee because I used an agent to buy the ticket. The agent took all 3 vouchers plus and electronic voucher that I had and applied them all to one ticket and did not charge me the $20 ticketing fee,

I later discovered that the ticketing fee should have been waived anyway because of the voucher not being electronic and the only way to use it forced you to purchase the ticket through an agent. There is a specific phrase for this, though I can't recall what it is.

In any case, I lucked out. But you can see how I could interpret this situation as one of those situations where the ticket agent did whatever she wanted. Fortunately, I was on the favorable end of the matter.
Old May 30, 2009, 5:53 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dilemma
I believe the agent is correct in regard to unused tickets... I have not been able to combine the value from two unused tickets to pay for even part of one ticket.
I have used two unused tickets to pay for reservation. Did this about a month ago. I had to do it over the phone because one was a partially used ticket, the other was a credit off a ticket refund.
Old May 30, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I have been less than impressed lately with the DCA club agents. They used to be better.

Admittedly, part of the issue is that DL has llimited what they can do or look at with the computer system compared to what they used to be able to do.

Delta is becoming like priceline: buy the ticket and you get whatever they decide to give you.

AA's club agents at DCA are far, far superior to DL's.
Old May 30, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer

Admittedly, part of the issue is that DL has llimited what they can do or look at with the computer system compared to what they used to be able to do.
Please provide some examples of what you're talking about here.
Old May 30, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by DeltaFirst
Please provide some examples of what you're talking about here.
1) I have been told explicitly that the CRC staff can no longer verify passports on international OLCI travel - must be done at ticket counter or gate.

2) Agent told me this week that they used to be able to look at upgrade lists >24 hours out (for example, to verify that one was on the wait list). They can no longer do it.

3) Ticket counter at DCA pointed out that the capablility to check folks in more than 4-6 hours in advance has been removed from the system. (This was an old-timer agent).
Old May 30, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
Electronic vouchers:

eTCV

* Transportation Credit Voucher
* Compensation tool used for complaint resolution
* Nonrefundable

DTV

* Delta Transportation Voucher
* Residual value resulting from a previous reissue
* Nonrefundable

eMCO

* electronic Miscellaneous Charge Order
* Residual value resulting from a previous reissue
* Refundable

.. May be combined at a maximum of three.

Paper documents may be combined on an unlimited basis, with the exception of the $25.00 or $50.00 goodwill vouchers. Those are the only document which cannot be combined at all.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm just curious about recent experiences with combining vouchers/tickets/etc. Specifically: is it possible to combine 2 completely unused tickets towards the purchase of a new ticket? I'm going to be doing work for different clients back to back for a number of weeks. Each client will only book a roundtrip ticket because of cost, but I'd prefer to travel from one location to the next instead of going home for a couple hours and them right back out again. I'd imagine that the $150 x 2 change fees will force me to add some $$ out of pocket, but I'm just curious if it's possible.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:53 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm just curious about recent experiences with combining vouchers/tickets/etc. Specifically: is it possible to combine 2 completely unused tickets towards the purchase of a new ticket? I'm going to be doing work for different clients back to back for a number of weeks. Each client will only book a roundtrip ticket because of cost, but I'd prefer to travel from one location to the next instead of going home for a couple hours and them right back out again. I'd imagine that the $150 x 2 change fees will force me to add some $$ out of pocket, but I'm just curious if it's possible.

Thoughts?
It would be more advantageous to book 2 one way tickets and cancel the one way that you are not using after you book them, but within 24 hours. You would not have any change fee, then. Just a thought. Not sure if that would work for you but it does for me, when I have been in similar situations. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.