Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-TLV, 777 start date?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
But why not? Why isn't the term "suite" appropriate? Just curious.

I figure if the seat/bed gives the pax there own, small, private, somewhat confined area, with AVOD, and other amenities, "suite" would be the correct term.
I guess im sensitive to the word cause I know what else is out there (not that you don't, Im just saying). If these seats are "suites" then what are the actual suites, super suites? I mean, to be completely honest, when someone says suites in reference to the airlines today, do you really think of an unpadded flat seat? Or do you think of the private rooms that EK and SQ offer? For what its worth, it appears it may be up the individual for interpretation. I dunno though, for me, I can't ever refer to these as suites.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by DLATL777
I guess im sensitive to the word cause I know what else is out there (not that you don't, Im just saying). If these seats are "suites" then what are the actual suites, super suites? I mean, to be completely honest, when someone says suites in reference to the airlines today, do you really think of an unpadded flat seat? Or do you think of the private rooms that EK and SQ offer? For what its worth, it appears it may be up the individual for interpretation. I dunno though, for me, I can't ever refer to these as suites.
Now going completely off topic

Same logic...
Waffle House is not a restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak house is.

Toyota Camry is not a car, BMW 5-series is not a car, Bentley Continental is not a car, Rolls Royce Phantom is a car.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Now going completely off topic

Same logic...
Waffle House is not a restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak house is.

Toyota Camry is not a car, BMW 5-series is not a car, Bentley Continental is not a car, Rolls Royce Phantom is a car.
haha, Waffle House is hardly a restaurant
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Um, back to the topic at hand...

Why the temporary changes to JFK-TLV, and why the 77L some days but not others?

I know there's a 77E MAD-JFK-TLV this summer... what happens when the ship arrives from TLV? Is there an Asian destination for it?

Anyone have a list of the actual summer utilization for the 77L and 77E this summer?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777
As far as I know the only other operator to use these seats is AC correct?
Air Canada, Jet Airways use the same EXACT seat.

Virgin Atlantic and Cathay Pacific use a nearly identical seat, albeit with slight differences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.