Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LAX now leaving from T4!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I think they have security down very well at T4, I've never had to wait more than 2 mins. The Oasis is a nice change and upgrade from the CRC's (self service bar!)
this is excellent news-

taking the route tomorrow, will fill people in on the experience as it compares to terminal 3.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: DL GLD; AA GLD; CO GLD
Originally Posted by RBFlyguy
this is excellent news-

taking the route tomorrow, will fill people in on the experience as it compares to terminal 3.
Please do! I am taking the route Thursday and would be interested in your experience.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by berkeleybum
Please do! I am taking the route Thursday and would be interested in your experience.
+1

That is one reason I LOVE these forums! Getting real first hand accounts is priceless!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Burj
+1

That is one reason I LOVE these forums! Getting real first hand accounts is priceless!
I too am hanging out waiting on RBFlyguy's post just as I've been doing for nearly ten years now.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
I too am hanging out waiting on RBFlyguy's post just as I've been doing for nearly ten years now.
Um...

RBFlyguy
Programs: DL PM

10 years?? I take it you know RBFlyguy pre-Flyertalk?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um...

RBFlyguy
Programs: DL PM

10 years?? I take it you know RBFlyguy pre-Flyertalk?
Badly worded after a dinner supported by much of the grape. I have been hanging out on FlyerTalk for the nearly 10 years and am awaiting RBFlyguy's report just as I have awaited other reports during that period.

I am in and out of JFK quite a bit and am very familiar with the B gate concourse at T4 and, as a Priority Pass holder, have visited the Oasis Club numerous times. Let us see what is now happening with DL at those gates.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
I am in and out of JFK quite a bit and am very familiar with the B gate concourse at T4 and, as a Priority Pass holder, have visited the Oasis Club numerous times.
So Oasis is really good? I'm excited about trying it...
Old Feb 25, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
So Oasis is really good? I'm excited about trying it...
A fantastic lounge - a cinema area with about 5 tvs and 30 seats with headphones (you select the tv you want to watch), 2 or 3 computer terminals, restrooms with showers, a cappucino machine, self-serve bar, snacks and sandwiches and hot buffet for dinner (never there during the day). Some of the chairs are of the lounge-type you would find by a pool so you can even take a nap if you want.

It was previously an Aer Lingus Gold Circle/Premier lounge and is decorated as such (deep green carpet). EI still uses the lounge on a contract basis.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
The LAX-JFK flights seem to still be arriving in T3/T2. Can anyone confirm this?
Are you sure where LAX flight will be arriving into JFK at T2/3?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat - (1MM)
Here is some info that you may find useful

1) The shuttle bus operation between T2/3/4 should be constant. They have secured several buses. Have not had a chance to check them out but did hear they are the ones that Jet Blue used between T6 and the Temp Terminal.
2) At the moment only the LAX departures are at T4. The aircraft will either tow over or arrive live into T4. At the moment there is no set flight schedule for arrivals, it depends on the aircraft utilization.
3) There are no airside lounges in the B Concourse at T4. DL does use the Oasis Lounge, but I am not sure what type of passenger/members they let in.
5) Check in for LAX is in Row 5 with NW. (If you end up at T4 by accident for any other DL flight they will check you in and send you to the shuttle bus).
4) There are some food options available past security. There is a small grab and go by B22 (A new unit is currently being constructed there). There is a bar type place at B26. A new bar is currently under construction at B27 and a Pizza joint is also under construction past B28.
5) There are two Hudson News shops, one near B27 and one near B29. There is an XPress spa at B28 and two large Duty Free shops just past B23. There is a music type shop at B27, a Currency Exchange near B26 and a kiosk selling NY themed stuff near B28.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, kennedytower summed it up pretty well for us. The only open item is the Oasis Lounge and I do recall that before I had a Priority Pass, I got in there with a NW boarding pass and a President's Club card. I don't know if it made a difference that the boarding card showed domestic first.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Don't forget that the Oasis also has free wifi, look for the SSID nwaworldclubs and you're in!
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the Delta CRC page with the dropdown menu shows for the Oasis Lounge in Terminal 4

Crown Room Club members do NOT have access
Transcontinental First Class Passenger DO have access
SkyTeam Elite Plus (DL Platinum Medallion) DO have access

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM
okay, so took the flt yesterday, 6:20 pm.

all in all, a pretty nice experience- but i think I prefer the old setup.

i arrived about 4:30, and made my way up to the Oasis Lounge. It is on the upstairs level, on the left hand side of the terminal if your back is to the street. The staff at the lounge was very nice- seemed a bit confused as to why I was there at first- but they were helpful and pleasant nonetheless. I did confirm that as of now, only people seated in Biz and PM members are allowed.

The Lounge is great. Very quiet and spacious, with great views of the tarmac and ample leather chairs. There is a large wooden table in the room on the right, which i used to eat and work with my laptop. Free WiFi available, which is def a perk as i used to pay for Tmobile in the old CRC. With that said, i couldnt get it to connect! The receptionist said that people with macs often have problems connecting for some reason on the mac end. It appeared everyone with PC's were humming along. There is also a Boingo hotspot there, i think it is 7 or 8 bucks a day.

Good food spread. They were offering a buffet of chicken alfredo pasta, chicken tikka, and some rice dish, along with a small salad bar and sandwiches (wraps). Milano cookies, crackers, etc. And a nice self serve bar with premiums, beer, wine. I had chicken tikka, it was not bad at all, but take that with a grain of salt as i was starving

I spoke with someone in the lounge who mentioned that the security line can be brutal in T4, so i took off about 5:25 or so to catch my 6:20. Flt was leaving from B22, which is a good haul from the lounge (complete opposite side of the terminal)- and it was definitely not the most organized security line. No biz class line either. It prob took me about 15 mins to make it through, but I could certainly see it being worse during peak times/dates.

Someone above posted that they really cant relax until they clear security, and i think i may be cut from the same cloth. Although the Lounge was as good as advertised, the long walk and the unknown of the security line prevented me from completely winding down.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
Originally Posted by aeolos
Only applies to LAX departures.
I have flown many times from LAX via JFK (instead of ATL) for transatlantic destinations, e.g., LAX-IST. Although it will be nice to use the Oasis Lounge this change will make the return connection longer and potentially difficult...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.