FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   JFK-LAX now leaving from T4! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/924040-jfk-lax-now-leaving-t4.html)

Burj Feb 20, 2009 1:26 pm

JFK-LAX now leaving from T4!

Just got the following...so is there even a lounge in T4 for people to use before/after their flight? No mention of an airside shuttle so for connections will be a PAIN!

----------------------
Head's up if you're heading to L.A.

All of our non-stop flights to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) will depart from JFK Terminal 4, effective February 23, 2009.

Please go directly to Terminal 4 and, if needed, utilize any Delta/Northwest kiosk to scan your boarding pass, change your seats, request an upgrade, drop off your bags or check in. Then you can clear security, head to your T4 gate and board your LAX-bound flight. All other Delta flights will continue to depart from Terminal 2 or 3 at this time.

This change is part of our merger with Northwest Airlines® so please stay tuned for more updates.

Thank you for choosing Delta for your travel to LAX.

Visit delta.com for merger information, flight, hotel and car rental reservations, and real-time flight notifications. Then get the inside scoop at blog.delta.com. And don't forget to check out all the ways to check in, including our new airport self-service kiosk. Try it before you fly with our interactive online demo and learn tips to get you gate-side in no time.

SFTNYC Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Perhaps CRC members can use the Oasis Lounge? It's a NWA affiliated lounge (not a real WC but WC members have access). Under these gudielines will CRC members be allowed in? Most of the lounges at T4 are outside of security which is a pain.

As for check-in, I wonder where they will go. T4 Check-in is almost fully utilized in the evenings, unless they will use the NWA/KL check-in (they have about 10 desks IIRC - will this be enough for NW/KL plus DL to LAX?

Burj Feb 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by SFTNYC (Post 11293718)
Perhaps CRC members can use the Oasis Lounge? It's a NWA affiliated lounge (not a real WC but WC members have access). Under these gudielines will CRC members be allowed in? Most of the lounges at T4 are outside of security which is a pain.

As for check-in, I wonder where they will go. T4 Check-in is almost fully utilized in the evenings, unless they will use the NWA/KL check-in (they have about 10 desks IIRC - will this be enough for NW/KL plus DL to LAX?

I've heard the lounge is nice...but it IS outside of security....

Regarding check-in...maybe that is why they were emphasizing using the kiosks? How many JFK-LAX flights are there? Maybe it isn't too bad just because it isn't that many flights... it WOULD be nice to have a simple shuttle airside connectin T4 to T3...it can't be more than a few hundred yards!

IronDuke08 Feb 20, 2009 2:00 pm

This is terrible for me, as my SOP is to catch the 5:30 USH connection to the 6:20ish DL137 LAX flight. This will really kill my Friday afternoons. I hope they can figure out a way to get us over to T4 without going out of security...

3Cforme Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by IronDuke08 (Post 11293822)
This is terrible for me, as my SOP is to catch the 5:30 USH connection to the 6:20ish DL137 LAX flight.

I didn't know DL flew Ushuaia-JFK. That's quite a mileage run for you!

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=u...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

IronDuke08 Feb 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Haha...US Helicopter, that's from TSS...

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=T...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

Only 12 miles, but it's still a pretty easy extra 750MQM. :D

WBurcham Feb 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 11293929)
I didn't know DL flew Ushuaia-JFK. That's quite a mileage run for you!

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=u...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

USH = US Helicopter

tjisnumbaone Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Wow. DL needs to make a bridge within security connecting T2/T3 and T4. DL should be giving people incentives to have to re-go thru security.

AndyTLe Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone (Post 11294180)
Wow. DL needs to make a bridge within security connecting T2/T3 and T4. DL should be giving people incentives to have to re-go thru security.

Airside bus/shuttle.

RBFlyguy Feb 20, 2009 3:10 pm

yup- this is a bummer. i take this route about every 2-3 weeks and i was getting to like the ex-biz elite lounge w/ good food spread in terminal three.

not to mention, i have never had to wait (well, outside of thanksgiving) too long in security lines in terminal 2. i have no idea how bad 4 will be. hopefully not worse, but the unknown...

prob a stupid question (bear with me pls) but if you are an amex plat holder and flying delta, you can enter a NW club, correct?

WBurcham Feb 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone (Post 11294180)

Actually... Bridge = terrible idea. An airside bus transit isn't that bad... if it runs every 5/10 minutes.

Burj Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 11294211)
Airside bus/shuttle.

+1

But if they are planning on having one, wouldn't they have mentioned it in the email?

AndyTLe Feb 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 11294266)
+1

But if they are planning on having one, wouldn't they have mentioned it in the email?

It has been talked about before. The e-mail refers to those starting travel in JFK, no mention of connecting. Hopefully DL will have the airside connection up and running when this starts up.

SFTNYC Feb 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by RBFlyguy (Post 11294220)

prob a stupid question (bear with me pls) but if you are an amex plat holder and flying delta, you can enter a NW club, correct?

AMEX plats have been able to enter DL/NW clubs if flying one of the two carriers, but I'm curious as to how it will apply at T4 since it's not technically a NW club, but a contract lounge that NW WC members get access to. I don't even know if AMEX plat holders flying NW can access the JFK T4 lounge as it is.

That said, a beautiful lounge. EI (my entry), LA and a few others use it - In the evenings there's a buffet set up with finger sandwiches and a hot entree of some sort.

orlandodlplat Feb 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 11294314)
It has been talked about before. The e-mail refers to those starting travel in JFK, no mention of connecting. Hopefully DL will have the airside connection up and running when this starts up.

This is why I love FT... I happen to be flying PHL-JFK-LAX on the 23rd, and logged in today to hear what I assumed was bad news. Nothing ever works right on day one.

I just spoke to a nice lady at SMS, who got somebody at JFK on the phone, who confirmed that YES, there will/should be airside buses running starting on the 23rd.

Now, as someone who's never travelled through T4... is there any place inside security for a CRC member to spend his time?