Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't I check in online on Delta.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Please ignore

Last edited by Elevate; Feb 20, 2009 at 3:33 am Reason: Dealt with with Delta phone call
Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:53 am

we have a fix for the issue where NW elites are getting locked out of online checkin and the kiosk when they are automatically upgraded that we start testing next week with the hope of rolling it out during the first week of march if all does well.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev
we have a fix for the issue where NW elites are getting locked out of online checkin and the kiosk when they are automatically upgraded that we start testing next week with the hope of rolling it out during the first week of march if all does well.
That will be nice! This morning Mrs. Watchful was able to check in but I was not. I take this to be that I will not be able to check in at kiosk either - hopefully the GAs will be accommodating - fortunately I guess I can use the first class line. (But unlike the other post above, I will take first class + no OLCI as opposed to coach + OLCI!.....even though Mrs. Watchful will actually get my seat!!)
Old Mar 1, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Oh I'm really trying to be patient with this merging of systems...

I can't choose my premium seats online despite delta.com showing my gold NW status.

Checking in was a royal pain because of the upgrade glitch - I'm glad we allowed a little extra time - the gate agent could not even access my ticket through her screen - the printout of my itinerary from delta.com did not have enough information for her to get it - fortunately I had also printed out my receipt via nwa.com and it had the original eticket # or something - so she was finally able to get me a boarding pass - which then beeps every time I try to board...

Deep breath...
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Well every time I can't check in on line it's because DL.com is BROKEN! When I get to the airport the boarding pass prints right out, no SSSS, no problems!

Delta if you want me to do the work FOR you, then fix your website!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:08 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Wyndham Dia, Southwest Companion Pass, Raddison Gold, Frontier 100K
Still having the same problem every time I book on delta. I really wish this would get fixed. Can't select premium seats or check in online or at the kiosk. I am amazed that the agents aren't more aware of this, as every time this happens to me they look confused and try to check me in at the kiosk. Very frustrating.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Hmmm, I couldn't check in online today, either. I don't have any NW status...tried the *change seats* strategy...even called Delta and no luck. My husband, however, was able to check in without difficulty.

*keeps fingers crossed* for a successful check in at the airport...I have an upgrade and really want to be able to keep it
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
It appears Delta has resolved the glitch that does not allow NW Elites who have been upgraded on DL flight to OLCI. Now not even DL Elite can OLCI after being upgraded.

At least they are getting consistent!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I'm not a NW elite, I'm a DL elite and I cannot check in for a flight tomorrow, I'm ineligible. The seat change trick did not work for me.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by ArtM
At the airport, I could not access the PNR via the kiosk. The agent who looked at me like I was a gross incompetent because I couldn't use the kiosk did not have any better luck even though he tried three times. We both got the same message that the PNR did not exist.
Happened to me today. It seems that my SDC yesterday might have corrupted something in my record, so it wouldn't come up on the kiosk. The GA was able to find it; used up a good five minutes that I could have spent eating Biscoffs in the CRC.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 6:08 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by robbert
If you're upgraded you won't be able to check in online. They still have not fixed this.
If you call DL they can send the ticket to the "reissue department." After they do that, you are able to check in
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
This morning I was able to check in and print boarding passes. What changed since last night? The website or my itin?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveller
This morning I was able to check in and print boarding passes. What changed since last night? The website or my itin?
I wasn't

Hopefully I'll be able to do so in a few hours
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:59 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I tried to check in for a flight tomorrow. It showed my itinerary.I had the ability to change seats, if I chose to do so. However, at the same time, the page said that it could not find an eligible itinerary to check in. I logged out and back in a few times to see if that would help. I went from using Internet Explorer to Firefox and back again and still no luck.

I called the Delta Internet Support Desk (888) 750-3284 and was told that everything looked good. "There should be no reason for me not to be able to check in online." Still no luck. The nice woman then checked me in and I was able to just reprint my boarding pass.

SO............ if all else fails, call the Help Desk, ask them to reset the itinerary for you and/or check you in. Then go ahead and REPRINT your boarding passes.

Good luck to everyone. Wish ME luck tomorrow night when I attempt to print my boarding passes for my return on Friday.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
I was able to OLCI for my flights tomorrow, with the non-RJ flight upgraded as a NW Plat. So either it has been fixed, or because my first flight is non-upg eligible it worked. Hopefully it has been fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.