Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be wary of Delta flights out of BUF!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Welcome blackneon89! Since you are from BUF, I'd love to hear your input on this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rity-line.html

Thanks in advance!
I replied there because that happened far before blackneon89 was around.

Originally Posted by Burj
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Thank you for posting. I had been avoiding BUF, but if what you say is true, I might have to give it another go.

How long ago was the 2nd flight to ATL nixed? With the current schedule, do you think things will be o.k. next winter in terms of on time departures, even with de-icing?
The second ATL overnighter was nixed about mid-February. It was seasonal service, and instead of having an extra overnight aircraft we have one more MD-88 turn now and are a total mainline station for ATL, whereas we used to have mixed RJ's and MadDogs. Every Saturday a MD-90 is subbed in during the mid-afternoon turn, too.

Was skimming the whole thread again and noticed this part...

I'm *almost* afraid to ask...but if you currently have two pushback tugs, and one is already INOP...what happens tomorrow if you go to start the other one up and it is INOP also...would all of Delta's BUF operation grind to a halt? Would you be at the mercy of USAirways to borrow their tug(s)?
No, not at all. One is not inop, but we simply refuse to use it, it was ordered by a prior station manager and the ramp crew determined that is was a safety risk to use it and we really had no need for it, so we parked it. That and we kept killing the battery...who's ever heard of a PBT with an "Accessory" mode?!?

If our main one does go down, we simply use Continental's mainline tug. We already use their ERJ towbar and NWA's tugs and carts
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skoker
The second ATL overnighter was nixed about mid-February. It was seasonal service, and instead of having an extra overnight aircraft we have one more MD-88 turn now and are a total mainline station for ATL, whereas we used to have mixed RJ's and MadDogs. Every Saturday a MD-90 is subbed in during the mid-afternoon turn, too.

I'm confused by this, what do you mean when you say "a total mainline station for ATL"?? Delta's BUF's operation are handled by Comair, so doesn't that mean it is NOT a mainline station?

So do you not have any RJ's anymore from BUF? What about the BUF-CVG service? Is that no longer done with RJs?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:58 am

I'm confused by this, what do you mean when you say "a total mainline station for ATL"?? Delta's BUF's operation are handled by Comair, so doesn't that mean it is NOT a mainline station?

So do you not have any RJ's anymore from BUF? What about the BUF-CVG service? Is that no longer done with RJs?
Oh no, I just meant that we don't have any RJ's serving ATL anymore, it used to be a mix of MD-88, 738's, CR7's and CR9's, now it's all been upgraded to MD-88's and MD-90's (so it's all mainline equipment).

CVG is still 2x Chautauqua ERJ, and JFK is 2x Comair CRJ, 2x Freedom ERJ, and 1x Comair CR7.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:32 am

Was skimming the whole thread again and noticed this part...

I'm *almost* afraid to ask...but if you currently have two pushback tugs, and one is already INOP...what happens tomorrow if you go to start the other one up and it is INOP also...would all of Delta's BUF operation grind to a halt? Would you be at the mercy of USAirways to borrow their tug(s)?
I'll echo what skoker said as far as use of other tugs goes.

And that other pushback I was talking about, it isn't the best safety wise that's true, but if we have to we use it.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skoker
Oh no, I just meant that we don't have any RJ's serving ATL anymore, it used to be a mix of MD-88, 738's, CR7's and CR9's, now it's all been upgraded to MD-88's and MD-90's (so it's all mainline equipment).
Ah..o.k. I get it now...o.k. I'll put BUF back on my list of airports to search when looking at travel plans, and now with the weather getting nicer the drive to/from BUF isn't so bad either...

Thanks for the info/update! Now all we need is a CRC..er "SkyClub" or whatever they are going to call it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.