Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thank you Delta! You are making it possible to surprise my girlfriend!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you Delta! You are making it possible to surprise my girlfriend!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Let us know how this turns out.

Please post the results of your visit afterwards. Maybe long distance relationships don't all end in the way my cynical mind thinks they do.
Mine ended in living together and getting married next September. Unfortunately we'll be flying economy on the honeymoon.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by jcp411
So the end of this story… The long distances relationship will be solved soon enough anyway.
so when are you getting married?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
It's -20F windchill here today. I hope you've left....
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:17 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
Tried that once in LH with VDB

Me and Misskilmo go to PDX (her work, I worked on my dissertation, so could join her). We're flying LH, where I'm on the cheapest possible ticket (W), while her job takes buys her fancy ticket.

Three days before new year in Israel, we are planned to come back. Her boss tells her that she needs to stay one more day in PDX, so I fly PDX-FRA a day earlier.

When in FRA, the flight is overbooked (everybody going home for the holidays). LH calls for VDBs - 500 Euros, and you get on the next flight. I told them that I want a night in FRA, and join misskilmo on her flight the day after (plus the 500 Euros). and they said yes.

I've asked them to sit us together, and was planning on surprising her at the plane.

So misskilmo checks in PDX, and they tell her that she has a seat next to me in FRA-TLV. She believed that was a mistake by the airline as I've flown the day earlier! So she switched seats. I mean, I go through all this trouble of wearing the same cloths for another 24 hours (luggage was held somewhere), and she switches seats.

Luckily for me, she exchanged window for window, and the guy seating next to her in the new position was willing to switch.

Anyhow, she was quite surprised to see me @ FRA (the flights there to TLV are checked-in into a lounge, and only then to the plane).

(she tried to retaliate this year, surprising me in CDG on my birthday, but failed due to me guessing that she would do such a thing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.