Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I get a special meal in F?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Should I get a special meal in F?

I'm scheduled to fly F (lunch flight) from SFO-JFK in a few days and am wondering if I should request a special meal. I've been flying a lot lately and have had most of the non-pasta dishes. Anyone have any thoughts on good special meals or should I just stick with the regular?

Also - will they serve ice cream on a lunch flight or is that dinner only?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:47 am

They serve ice cream on transcons now?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
They serve ice cream on transcons now?
Yea, I mean its nothing fancy or delicious, but its a decent dessert. Its ice cream covered in a chocolate shell preserved into a small dish. Not bad at all. They've been doing it for a while now on transcons.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by troyb
Also - will they serve ice cream on a lunch flight or is that dinner only?
I flew SFO-JFK in F not long ago and yes, they served ice cream after lunch. It wasn't the same thing I'd had flying JFK-SFO - it didn't have the hard shell, it was just a scoop of ice cream - but I had the FA pour some Baileys over it and it was very good. Can't recall the meal and I never special order so I can't help you there.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I'm scheduled to fly F (lunch flight) from SFO-JFK in a few days
BTW, when are you traveling? I'm flying SFO-JFK on Tuesday, DL 616, upgrade already confirmed. Don't think I've ever found myself on the same flight as another FTer, at least not that I was aware of.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
There's another thread that talks extensively about special meals on DL. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I seem to recall the consensus was that the kosher meal was pretty good, depending on where the flight originated.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
How's the cold seafood plate these days?

It used to be 6-8 boiled jumbo shrimp (boiled and peeled) with cocktail sauce, roll + butter and dessert (can't recall if it was the same dessert as the standard F meal or not).
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Yea, I mean its nothing fancy or delicious, but its a decent dessert. Its ice cream covered in a chocolate shell preserved into a small dish. Not bad at all. They've been doing it for a while now on transcons.
I was under the impression that it was mainly for LAX/SEA-JFK flights where a meal is served (not the snack). Of the 12 coast-to-coasts I've done the past two months I think I was only offered the ice cream truffle twice.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips - I'll try to search out the referenced thread (I did a search originally but didn't find it).

I'm flying on Sunday, would love to meet up otherwise.

I've had the ice cream on every JFK-West Coast flight over the past year or so, as far as I can remember. This includes LAX, SEA, and SAN. Perhaps they've removed it at certain points.

Seafood plate sounds good, might end up with that and consider a BOB as a backup. Just trying to mix it up a bit.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
I like the vegetarian meal they serve out of SEA, but I am a vegetarian and weird.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I like the vegetarian meal they serve out of SEA, but I am a vegetarian and weird.
ha, good thing seattle is likewise, very vegetarian and weird. in an adorable kind of way

the ice cream is for the coast to coast flights. ie, jfk->sea/sfo/lax/san. not sure, maybe pdx as well. that about does it....

i do quite enjoy it, not gonna lie...

no word on the special meals, sorry
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
Originally Posted by dd992emo
There's another thread that talks extensively about special meals on DL. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I seem to recall the consensus was that the kosher meal was pretty good, depending on where the flight originated.
Nooooooooooooooo!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Question how are the meals

This is a question I wanted to ask; if I have two flights in F (MCO-SEA-ANC) with Dinner, then a Snack, should I request a specail meal? Are the normal meals good on this route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.