Wiki Posts
Search

SLC-ANC on 763/757 in FC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 3:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

SLC-ANC on 763/757 in FC

We are heading to Alaska in July, and am wondering how the planes are fitted out in FC. We'll be in the air a lot those days (PHL to SLC to ANC) so I splurged for FC seats for all 4 of us. Heading up to ANC on a 763 out of SLC, and back from ANC to SLC in a 757. What's the first class product like on those routes? Seats? Movie screens or IFE? Meals? It's a lunch flight SLC to ANC on the 763, and a breakfast flight ANC to SLC on the 757. Any information would be appreciated (so we know how much of our own entertainment and food to bring along).

PHL to SLC and return is just 738's, so I am not expecting much there.

Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/CRC, MarriottGold
Smile

I just flew SLC-ANC last weekend. The 763 is a standard 2-2-2 in FC (4 rows I think). It's typical FC service/meal (1 choice chicken bow tie pasta)/movie of the month (Coach Carter on movie screens--this will be different movie in July). I can say that it is very comfortable as opposed to coach. The 757 coming back is 2-2 config (7 rows I think). Movie screens, no meal for my flight (12:55a).

I think the food service is adequate, as they have the snack service too, but dont know if you are bringing kids or not. I would advocate entertainment for the kids...it's a long flight.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Originally Posted by Djlawman
We are heading to Alaska in July, and am wondering how the planes are fitted out in FC. We'll be in the air a lot those days (PHL to SLC to ANC) so I splurged for FC seats for all 4 of us. Heading up to ANC on a 763 out of SLC, and back from ANC to SLC in a 757. What's the first class product like on those routes? Seats? Movie screens or IFE? Meals? It's a lunch flight SLC to ANC on the 763, and a breakfast flight ANC to SLC on the 757. Any information would be appreciated (so we know how much of our own entertainment and food to bring along).

PHL to SLC and return is just 738's, so I am not expecting much there.

Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
The 763 and the 757 to/from ANC are exactly the same planes as you would see on any domestic route. 24 seats in each. Four rows in the 763 and 6 rows in the 757. Movie screens on the 763 and small aisle TVs on the 757. I don't think it's any farther from ANC-SLC than say SEA-ATL.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So what are the meals like for 2010. I will by flying to ANC in OCT, MCO-SEA-ANC. What is the dinner/snack for the ANC flight?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
So what are the meals like for 2010. I will by flying to ANC in OCT, MCO-SEA-ANC. What is the dinner/snack for the ANC flight?
Isn't that operated by Alaska Airlines ?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I am going to ANC with DL and returning AS, as this is what was offered by DL for an award ticket.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I am going to ANC with DL and returning AS, as this is what was offered by DL for an award ticket.
Oh. I didn't realize DL had direct flights between SEA and ANC. Every time I route through SEA to ANC it's been AS metal, & I've been waiting for those fabled reciprocal upgrades with AS to start.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:51 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Frozentech
Oh. I didn't realize DL had direct flights between SEA and ANC. Every time I route through SEA to ANC it's been AS metal, & I've been waiting for those fabled reciprocal upgrades with AS to start.
The poster is ill-informed. SEA-ANC will be operated by AS.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by fti
The poster is ill-informed. SEA-ANC will be operated by AS.
Your right my DL ANC flight I think is through Salt Lake, coming back it is AS all the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.