Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude Flight Attendant (Judy) Flight 65

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Rude Flight Attendant (Judy) Flight 65

I am usually very impressed with SLC-based Flight Attendants. For some reason they (along with LAX and NYC-based FA's) seem to stand out above the rest whereas it concerns excellent customer service. However, my family and I were quite dismayed with Judy on a recent flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas. For starters, my family did not react well to Judy constantly mentioning that we would soon be taking off/arriving/landing at "LOST WAGES." Saying that once or twice is ok, but 5 or 6 is overkill. We already know we are going to Vegas; it's a vacation for us. There was no need for you to make us feel stupid about going to Vegas for the Holidays. We work hard and wanted to get away for a few days. It was the first trip for one member of our party. Judy pretty much ruined it for her from the start. She was never the same after that flight (and she frequently told us that Judy was the reason why).

To top matters off, Judy was downright arrogant and rude during the flight. Just because you're having a bad day doesn't mean you should take it out on us. Perhaps Judy lost her life's savings in Vegas???? Maybe that's why she is so negative on the city. She needs to keep in mind that other Delta flyers like to go to Vegas, for whatever reason (and we like to go on Delta). Judy should keep her negative comments to herself.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by kelvinj
Judy pretty much ruined it for her from the start. She was never the same after that flight (and she frequently told us that Judy was the reason why).
Hoo boy! This is further over the top than I have seen in a long while. Being afflicted with this degree of hypersensitivity must be quite a burden in life.

I definitely suggest you never fly Southwest. Their sense of humor could be devastating to a fragile psyche.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
It was the first trip for one member of our party. Judy pretty much ruined it for her from the start. She was never the same after that flight (and she frequently told us that Judy was the reason why).
I agree that hearing "Lost Wages" multiple times would have been annoying. In fact, I don't think I'd have found it funny the first time, but... one member of your party let that ruin the entire trip? Come on. That's just too silly for words.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I am usually very impressed with SLC-based Flight Attendants. For some reason they (along with LAX and NYC-based FA's) seem to stand out above the rest whereas it concerns excellent customer service. However, my family and I were quite dismayed with Judy on a recent flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas. For starters, my family did not react well to Judy constantly mentioning that we would soon be taking off/arriving/landing at "LOST WAGES." Saying that once or twice is ok, but 5 or 6 is overkill. We already know we are going to Vegas; it's a vacation for us. There was no need for you to make us feel stupid about going to Vegas for the Holidays. We work hard and wanted to get away for a few days. It was the first trip for one member of our party. Judy pretty much ruined it for her from the start. She was never the same after that flight (and she frequently told us that Judy was the reason why).

To top matters off, Judy was downright arrogant and rude during the flight. Just because you're having a bad day doesn't mean you should take it out on us. Perhaps Judy lost her life's savings in Vegas???? Maybe that's why she is so negative on the city. She needs to keep in mind that other Delta flyers like to go to Vegas, for whatever reason (and we like to go on Delta). Judy should keep her negative comments to herself.
What a coincidence! I'm going to Lost Wages tomorrow myself (on NW via MSP). Are you in Lost Wages now or planning on going back to Lost Wages in the future?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:57 pm

Wink

i doubt she was trying to make everyone feel stupid. and if you take all this to heart, sounds like you really really needed a vacation. hope your spirits were better by the time it was over. geesh. put your ipod on if you cant take a lil joke, or an attempt at a joke.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK

To top matters off, Judy was downright arrogant and rude during the flight. .... Judy should keep her negative comments to herself.
most of your post seemed to be about one joke that you didnt like ( yes , I agree repeated too often a joke can be a bit annoying .. if you choose to let it bother you ) - but when you came to this part you decided not to bother us with the details - what exactly did Judy do that was downright arrogant and rude ?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
While I agree that having it "ruin your trip" is a bit of a stretch, the flight attendants have no place even making jokes on board.

Just give me my drink and snack and tell me when I need to put my seat and tray up. That's it.

That's something I hate about WN, the endless chatter. Unfortunately I often have no choice being in SAN, but they sometimes need to understand their role.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
While I agree that having it "ruin your trip" is a bit of a stretch, the flight attendants have no place even making jokes on board.

Just give me my drink and snack and tell me when I need to put my seat and tray up. That's it.

That's something I hate about WN, the endless chatter. Unfortunately I often have no choice being in SAN, but they sometimes need to understand their role.
^

We had an FA on my ATL-STT flight last month that was making jokes like that non-stop. Given the destination and the fact it was another FA's penultimate flight before retirement, it was understandable. And amusing enough. But come on. Blackberry/blueberry/strawberry/snozzberry jokes stopped being funny years ago.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Well the person who needs an "attitude" adjustment is the member of your party who let ONE person ruin his/her vacation.

And in truth, if everything has to be "perfect" or the vacation is "ruined" then it would have been someone besides Judy. They are looking for some reason to have it "ruined" And you let this person impact your vacation. Now everyone gets to blame Judy? Nope, all you can control is YOUR response and this was taking one thing WAY over the top. Someone should have told the complainer to (A) snap out of it and (B) SHUT UP!

And the pot calling the kettle black "Judy should keep her negative comments to herself" but I should be allowed to post negative things??? LOL! If you want to complain to Delta that's fine, but "calling out" someone for being negative by posting a negative post on a public message board???? LOL!~
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriot, Starwood, American, United

How glad I am not to go through life bitter and annoyed...
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Gosh, I would hate to see what your post would be if you really came into contact with a "rude" flight attendant. When did everybody start taking everything so seriously? You're having to interact with somebody for <10 minutes basically. Not sure it's worth getting worked up over; half of the time I never even hear what the flight attendant and/or pilot is saying since those speaker things don't seem to work well.

I hope that you have a good holiday season and perhaps realize that others are just trying to "lighten up" things along the way.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
the flight attendants have no place even making jokes on board.
Well that's your opinion, and I respect it. Mine's different.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
And in truth, if everything has to be "perfect" or the vacation is "ruined" then it would have been someone besides Judy. They are looking for some reason to have it "ruined" And you let this person impact your vacation. Now everyone gets to blame Judy? Nope, all you can control is YOUR response and this was taking one thing WAY over the top.
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
If you want to complain to Delta that's fine, but "calling out" someone for being negative by posting a negative post on a public message board???? LOL!~
Good points.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Whose rule is this?? I appreciate FAs making attempts at humor during the usually boring pre flight announcements. The incessent chatter on SW can be off-putting; but FAs do have personalities, too, and I appreciate it when they let them show.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
My favorite part?

That a trip to VEGAS (the land of dabachery and anything goes; where you don't take church/youth groups) was ruined by ONE, 1, ein, uno person who aS "rude" - even though we weren't given examples.

I mean come on, it's vegas for golly gosh sakes. ... About the only way to really ruin a trip to Vegas is to accidentally pick up a tranny hooker.

Likewise as stated above, it sounds like you really must have needed this vacation and hopefully you decompressed a little.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.