Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/NW Reciprocal Upgrades Starting October 28

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2008, 4:12 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TTT
I just noticed on my next itin with a NW op, DL coded flight that the "Upgrade Status" has changed from "Not Available" to blank. I would assume after 10/28 I will see "Requested." Glad to see this finally happening. NW offers the most convenient routing for my trips to visit family so the prospect of FC will be nice^
Similarly, when trying to book some flights on Delta.com, I ran into NW operated codeshares where under upgrade status it said available (when querying Y fares). Looks like something has changed...
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by indufan
But not even all of the DL 757s have 24. Some have more, a few have less.
Most have more. Most of the 757s have 26 in F.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Any DL medallions flying NW tomorrow?

So, although DL may be "testing" upgrades for NW elites starting tomorrow, it doesn't look like NW is doing the same thing, at least as far as I can see.

As a DL GM booked on a NW flight tomorrow, I checked in this morning, and don't even seem to have been put on the standby list.

I was wondering if other DL elites have had the same or different experiences? (I put in both a NW WP# with no status, and my DL SM# with Gold status; the NW website shows Gold/Elite, but still no joy).
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
So, although DL may be "testing" upgrades for NW elites starting tomorrow, it doesn't look like NW is doing the same thing, at least as far as I can see.

As a DL GM booked on a NW flight tomorrow, I checked in this morning, and don't even seem to have been put on the standby list.

I was wondering if other DL elites have had the same or different experiences? (I put in both a NW WP# with no status, and my DL SM# with Gold status; the NW website shows Gold/Elite, but still no joy).
I'm flying tomorrow. Nothing yet. Maybe at the gate.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM
A colleague (DL FO) got the upgrade MSP-PHL without having to do anything more than having his DL # in the record, so I guess it is working ^
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by NHFL9
A colleague (DL FO) got the upgrade MSP-PHL without having to do anything more than having his DL # in the record, so I guess it is working ^
Do you know if:

a) he also had a NW # in there in any way?
b) was it a EUA upgrade, or battlefield?
c) did he see himself on the standby list online?

Actually, if it's today, it's not related to the announcement we saw the other day about NW upgrades on DL starting tomorrow, though, since that doesn't start till, well, tomorrow
Old Oct 27, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
Do you know if:

a) he also had a NW # in there in any way?
b) was it a EUA upgrade, or battlefield?
c) did he see himself on the standby list online?

Actually, if it's today, it's not related to the announcement we saw the other day about NW upgrades on DL starting tomorrow, though, since that doesn't start till, well, tomorrow
a) No, only his DL# as a FO
b) EUA
c) Cleared at the window for a flight tomorrow so no need for a standby list.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:14 pm

Does anyone know about this rule? Apparently on NW, T or K fare classes aren't allowed to get Elite Upgrades?

At least, that's what the NWA.com agent told me..

Also, BTW, nwa.com now actually lists reciprocal upgrades for NW WP members on DL flights:

http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/elite/upgrades.shtml
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Does anyone know about this rule? Apparently on NW, T or K fare classes aren't allowed to get Elite Upgrades?

At least, that's what the NWA.com agent told me..

Also, BTW, nwa.com now actually lists reciprocal upgrades for NW WP members on DL flights:

http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/elite/upgrades.shtml
T and K get upgraded for Domestic flights on NWA. Almost all my trips are in T or K and I have a good percentage of upgrades this year as a NW Silver.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by james318
T and K get upgraded for Domestic flights on NWA. Almost all my trips are in T or K and I have a good percentage of upgrades this year as a NW Silver.
That's what I thought.

Is there a way to uncheck-in, and recheck-in to try to get on the list? The agent confirmed there's R availability for at least one leg of my flights tomorrow.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:32 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
That's what I thought.

Is there a way to uncheck-in, and recheck-in to try to get on the list? The agent confirmed there's R availability for at least one leg of my flights tomorrow.
You could try to get them to delete your frequent flyer number and re-enter it. Most of the times that does the trick on NW if there's a problem.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
You could try to get them to delete your frequent flyer number and re-enter it. Most of the times that does the trick on NW if there's a problem.
Yeah, that's what the first agent tried (it didn't work, because the website still foudn the res with my WP#).

The second seemed to remove it successfully, but I still don't get offered the upgrade when I try to re-check in after asking them to un-check me in.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:46 pm
GVA

Yeah, that's what the first agent tried (it didn't work, because the website still foudn the res with my WP#).

The second seemed to remove it successfully, but I still don't get offered the upgrade when I try to re-check in after asking them to un-check me in.
Weird. Is your PNR showing your status including on the second screen when you click on your frequent flyer number?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:49 pm
GVA

That's what I thought.

I also forgot to add. That if you do not see the screen prompting you for whether you'd like an upgrade then just quit OLCI. You won't be checked in and you can return and try that step as much as you want (though it probably won't change anything).
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
Weird. Is your PNR showing your status including on the second screen when you click on your frequent flyer number?
On the "Reservation Details" page, it says

Frequent Flyer Number
DLnnnnnnnnnn Gold Elite

(where "nnnnnnn" is my number).

It's actually always said this..

When I click on "Check in now", I get these choices:

Upgrade Offer
() Purchase an E-First upgrade to First/World Business Class for USD 175.00 each.
() Use WorldPerks miles to upgrade your flights to First/World Business Class.
() No Thanks

It also has the "View Upgrade and Standby List" button. If I click that, it says " You are not on the Upgrade/Standby List for the flight(s) in your reservation."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.