Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Misses You

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Delta Misses You

i didn't see this anywhere...

You're a valued SkyMiles® member and we've missed having you onboard. We'd like to welcome you back with a special gift—1,000 bonus miles. Register today, then book your round-trip ticket and fly by November 15, 2008.

Plus, if you book at delta.com you'll earn an additional 500 bonus miles. You'll always find our best fares at delta.com—guaranteed—and you'll also enjoy:

* Easy and flexible search options for flights
* Zero booking fees (that's up to a $25 savings)
* Fast online check-in

Earning up to 1,500 bonus miles will get you closer to an Award Ticket. We've added new nonstop international destinations to choose from:

* Atlanta (ATL)—London (LHR)
* Atlanta (ATL)—Shanghai (PVG)
* Atlanta (ATL)—Stockholm (ARN)
* New York (JFK)—Cairo (CAI)
* New York (JFK)—Cape Town (CPT)
* New York (JFK)—Dakar (DKR)
* New York (JFK)—London (LHR)
* New York (JFK)—Lyon (LYS)
* New York (JFK)—Malaga (AGP)

It's a great time to say "hi" and fly with us again. Register, book your round-trip ticket and fly by November 15, 2008, to get your 1,000 bonus miles. Plus, you'll earn an additional 500 bonus miles when you book at delta.com.

Welcome back to Delta. We hope to see you soon.
Register today to take advantage of your exclusive gift.

https://www.delta.com/marketing/welc...ecreasedTravel

i'm at 130K MQM... and just took a few weeks off from travelling....
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Just got this one today as well.

Not sure how they do their targeting, I didn't get the Birthday MQMs, but this one I get. Over 40k BIS already this year, 4k in August, 3k in September, but they miss me?

Better then a rock I guess
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
I just got home yesterday and got the email too
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Platinum
Yeah, I got this one too, it made me chuckle. ~142k MQMs this year, my last Delta flight was Tuesday, my next one is in 4 hours, I've got travel booked for next week as well, and have flown basically every week this year. Trust me Delta, I'd fly you more if I could, but I'd get divorced...
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I'm just the opposite. I actually haven't flown DL since May, but I did not qualify for the promo.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club
120K MQM so far, and in the middle of a trip, but they miss me, too. Appears not to be targeted as I just registered my entire family.

Edit: Must be targeted afterall...

Last edited by brown069; Sep 25, 2008 at 12:42 pm
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Smile Same here...

Originally Posted by brown069
120K MQM so far, and in the middle of a trip, but they miss me, too. Appears not to be targeted as I just registered my entire family.

Just flew 2 days ago... Maybe since I didn't get the upgrade I blended in the back and they didn't see me
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Targeted: 1,500 miles says we miss you

Expired as a FO in Feb (~22K MQM last year), flown about 11K MQM this year (several short OW x-SLC flights + 1 OW TATL code share on AF). Just got this email:
Hello Mr. CurlyKrakow,

You're a valued SkyMiles® member and we've missed having you onboard. We'd like to welcome you back with a special gift—1,000 bonus miles. Register today, then book your round-trip ticket and fly by November 15, 2008.

Plus, if you book at delta.com you'll earn an additional 500 bonus miles. You'll always find our best fares at delta.com—guaranteed—and you'll also enjoy:

Easy and flexible search options for flights
Zero booking fees (that's up to a $25 savings)
Fast online check-in

Earning up to 1,500 bonus miles will get you closer to an Award Ticket. We've added new nonstop international destinations to choose from:

Atlanta (ATL)—London (LHR)
Atlanta (ATL)—Shanghai (PVG)
Atlanta (ATL)—Stockholm (ARN)
New York (JFK)—Cairo (CAI)
New York (JFK)—Cape Town (CPT)
New York (JFK)—Dakar (DKR)
New York (JFK)—London (LHR)
New York (JFK)—Lyon (LYS)
New York (JFK)—Malaga (AGP)

It's a great time to say "hi" and fly with us again. Register, book your round-trip ticket and fly by November 15, 2008, to get your 1,000 bonus miles. Plus, you'll earn an additional 500 bonus miles when you book at delta.com.

Welcome back to Delta. We hope to see you soon.
Register today to take advantage of your exclusive gift.
EDIT: Should have known better.. someone else is always faster on the cut & paste. And they remembered to include the link too. FWIW, I do have one more RT TATL+Transcon trip (16K mi, 24K MQM) booked for Nov.

Merge?

Last edited by CurlyKrakow; Sep 25, 2008 at 1:00 pm Reason: slow posting finger..
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
highly targeted Id say
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:58 pm

I got it and registered...but what if I already have flights booked for the next month, will I still be eligible? or do I have to book and fly them in the time period?

-sm
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I just got this, too, and have no clue as to why. I'm Platinum and, while I may fall a little short of Platinum this year, will easily make Gold. And I just flew roundtrip from SLC to Geneva last week.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM/CRC, MarriottGold
They miss me too....almost 100k MQM and I see them every week....but I'll take their bonus miles.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:10 pm

targeted probably just means randomly selected by some computer that really doesnt look at how much the person flies. so lets just take the miles and go w/ it.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
i'm at 130K MQM... and just took a few weeks off from travelling....
I just received the e-mail also.

My last Flight was Sept 12-13. I canceled yesterday's trip because I got done what I wanted by mail. My next booked trip on my Delta Itin's is for Oct. 29, then Dec. 4.

I am looking for a little rest from traveling, and I am hoping another trip does not come up before Oct. 29, but if it does I will take the bonus.

The bonus is targeted because I gave the link to a friend who got the not eligible message.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by brown069

225,000 MQMs this yr, flew in 1C yesterday, FA's recognized me from previous flights, GA in SD knew me on disembarking, and Delta still misses me... I'll take the miles though. Thought getting the email was funny though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.