Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Misses You

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Dirt, Hertz PC
Already requalified for PM, and I received this email also. Interesting, since I just completed another one of my weekly flights...when do they have time to miss me??
Old Sep 25, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
I will always take more miles. At about 90k mqm and haven't flown them in 2 weeks. Wow I guess they do really miss me since I got it too. It's been 2 weeks since I have flown Delta and been on a plane which seems nice right now .
Old Sep 25, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Yup, got it too, but the ironic part is, this is only the second week this whole year I haven't flown. They miss me that soon?

Also, how will with this work with the other promo's I've signed up for?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Just noticed the other thread discussing the same thing...recommend Mods merge the threads.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=869848
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Got it too:

PM here barely requalifying for FO 2009. Gave up on DL when new award structure was introduced. Did not renew CRC membership and will not renew DL AMEX at renewal.

Sorry Delta! 1500 miles is chump change when you give 10k miles away for a car rental and increase award redemption!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Okay, I just spilled my beer. Thanks to the kind people who posted the link. It let me register. I do have one question, I recently received the "Breast Cancer" promo and registered for it. (I will provide a link if anyone needs, although I think it is not targeted.) Does anyone know if I will accrue miles from not only the link in this thread, but also the other "Breast Cancer" one as well? Thanks again everybody.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Weird, I got it too. 37k MQM with 12k MQM booked in October. My last flight was 9/8. Very weird.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HHonors-Silver, Marriott-Gold
Got it here too..Yay...Free Mile ^
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
yup got it too...sitting at 80k MQMs anf flew Delta last week and Monday from SAN to ATL and tomorrow from PHX to ATL...odd.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I got it too!

They miss me? I have not flown since............two weeks ago and am at 90K MQMs for the year with about 10 more trips booked. What the???? I think they messed up letting me in on this one but who is to complain about free miles?

Wait a minute...I've been crediting my last few flights to SU (don't question me - I have a great reason) as I need to get Gold Status with them for next year too. I wonder if they've picked up on that and are trying woo me back for the upcoming trips. I doubt I'll get the freebies if I use my SU Bonus # on upcoming flights. Whatever...

Last edited by woody125; Sep 25, 2008 at 6:04 pm Reason: SU might be the reason!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Weird. That was sitting in my inbox right next to the message confirming my upgrades next Tuesday. Both of us got the e-mail and both registered. Looks like a few easy miles.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by spgaston
Sorry Delta! 1500 miles is chump change when you give 10k miles away for a car rental and increase award redemption!
Seriously, how many here consider 1000 miles a "special gift?" That's 5 bucks (if you live in an expensive car rental market) -- hardly a motivation to spend anything extra to fly DL.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I re-qualified for PM on July 25 and my last flight on DL was Sep 14. I am actually in the MIDDLE of an itinerary with my return leg tomorrow. I have 5 $ itins coming up before the end of October and 4 award itins before Jan 2. My MQMs as of today top 89K. I will top 104K MQMs on Oct 31.

Welcome me back??

Whatever... 1500 miles is still 1500 miles

There are only two reasons why I was targeted. I recently flew FLL > ATL > LAX and my return for this itin is DEN > SLC > ATL > FLL. Perhaps I got flagged because they assume I flew someone else from LAX to DEN (which I did..UA).

The other reason I think I might have been targeted is because I have not booked a single $ itin for Nov and Dec and usually by this time of the year I have booked several for the last two months of the year. Perhaps with my recent burn of miles (many many many) and no itins in Nov or Dec they are worried I am jumping ship (so to speak).
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I haven't booked any Nov trips (except an award Thksgiving trip) but I last flew Delta 11 days ago, and have two roundtrips booked over the next two weekends.

Delta should miss me more!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
I got it also. Im at about 135,000 MQM's, however I have not flown a revenue flight in about 5 weeks... I will be taking advantage of this though. OTP next month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.