Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to Delta Cust Service?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 10millionmiler
... I received the information that she was in Jeff Robertson's office DIRECTLY FROM HER as that is how she identified herself in detail when she called me! She also said she works with him on a daily basis. Further she was exceedingly rude and even hung up on me with no provocation!
I'm guessing she didn't authorize you to post her phone number on an internet forum. Your posts lead me to believe your motivation is less about helping DL passengers get appropriate compensation for problems and more about creating havoc.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: delta, continental, NWA, united, korea, PAL
Silverthief2: You're Really Wrong!

NOTE: I got more compensation than I expected. Not than I deserved, but more than I expected. I waited until the matter was 100% closed before I posted to assure no conflict of interests, for sure!

I truly just wanted to help others get through and to understand the new process under new VP Jeff Robertson.

I also ant to expose that Delta is not telling this blog the truth.

And since when does someone require permission to post a name -- if that were true then there would be no freedom of speech nor freedom of press n the USA.

You don't need permission, but you do need to be honest and accurate and I always am to the very very best of human ability -- if unsure I leave it out.

In all but twelve states you don't even need permission to record a conversation you are a party to without telling the other party -- that's federal law.

By the way you don't need a perpetrator's permission to report a crime either.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:24 pm

To assure accuracy -- tape your call legally

In response to the removal of content from this blog because DELTA called and said a party I mentioned did not in fact work in the job-role I said, which is not true. The fact is the party told me she worked for Jeff Robertson, VP of SkyMiles and I took her at her word, that's a fact:

If you want to assure accuracy: It is easy, to assure accuracy tape your calls legally. Despite what many believe and others such as the phone company may tell you: Federal law in the USA permits one party of a conversation to record a call without informing the other party.

The law states that it shall NOT be illegal to record a conversation with only one-party's consent provided that it is not for malicious purposes (ie blackmail), not under color of the law (you are not law enforcement), and it is not a violation of state law (most states say it is ok, see below).

Here's the best explanation I found with states that prohibit listed:

"The U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most have also extended the law to cover in-person conversations. 38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party, unless you have permission of one of the parties.

A complete state-by-state set of regulations regarding telephone call recording may be obtained in the following report published by The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press:

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states.html
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Yikes, I hope this is not what us NW fliers have to look forward to after the merger. I've had some nasty experiences with DL customer "care" in the past but assumed it was because I was not an elite and had few SkyMiles in my history.

Mr. Robertson: please bring Bob Soukup into your team, he can fix your customer service problems and tell you about the respect NW customers are used to.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 10millionmiler
NOTE: I got more compensation than I expected. Not than I deserved, but more than I expected. I waited until the matter was 100% closed before I posted to assure no conflict of interests, for sure!

I truly just wanted to help others get through and to understand the new process under new VP Jeff Robertson.

I also ant to expose that Delta is not telling this blog the truth.

And since when does someone require permission to post a name -- if that were true then there would be no freedom of speech nor freedom of press n the USA.

You don't need permission, but you do need to be honest and accurate and I always am to the very very best of human ability -- if unsure I leave it out.

In all but twelve states you don't even need permission to record a conversation you are a party to without telling the other party -- that's federal law.

By the way you don't need a perpetrator's permission to report a crime either.
Thanks for the scolding, but you completely missed my point. I know it is not illegal to post someone's name or phone number or job title without their consent. My point is that you shouldn't be surprised if that employee is upset and/or that Delta requested the removal of the information if you indeed posted it here without permission.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MM, This is NOT a blog, its a Bulletin Board, get your descriptions correct. Furthermore I think that much of what you have written is out of line, one should not be putting such information publicly on the web. Many of Delta's top customers, including myself have had contact information directly for individuals in the Executve offices for years (or at other airlines as well for that matter) there is generally a reason why we have this information and it is NOT something that should be publicly available (I have mine based on real problems that I have had and the hundreds of thousands of dollars I ave spent on Delta, the last thing that I or any other real FF on Delta wants is for every idiot in the world to inundate these people with every sort of complaint or issue). Furthermore I should note that it is a longstanding policy of FT for people/posters NOT to post "restricted" numbers or names in public forums.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by hfly
MM, This is NOT a blog, its a Bulletin Board, get your descriptions correct. Furthermore I think that much of what you have written is out of line, one should not be putting such information publicly on the web. Many of Delta's top customers, including myself have had contact information directly for individuals in the Executve offices for years (or at other airlines as well for that matter) there is generally a reason why we have this information and it is NOT something that should be publicly available (I have mine based on real problems that I have had and the hundreds of thousands of dollars I ave spent on Delta, the last thing that I or any other real FF on Delta wants is for every idiot in the world to inundate these people with every sort of complaint or issue). Furthermore I should note that it is a longstanding policy of FT for people/posters NOT to post "restricted" numbers or names in public forums.
1.) Check Websters on Bulletin board vs Blog. This is prima facia a blog and a blog by any other name is still a blog.

2.) By the same token, whether you spend a million or a single dollar, a serious problem for a passenger is a serious problem and all should have access to folks in Delta who are enabled to resolve the problem in a timely and financially appropriate manner.

3.) You don't understand the web at all. a.)no one said those numbers were "restricted" when they gave them to me, and b.) even when Delta contacted FT they only requested one name be removed and FT has the right to edit me, which I respect, and they left the names and contact info in. So again, prima facia on the face of it, you are failing to appreciate the importance of the web and specifically FT for important information transfer.

Freedom of speech and freedom of the press (any publishing, such as on the web constitutes "press" in the purest form) provide that what information is truly "restricted" be extremely limited and were information such as this "restricted" only to elite people, we would be looking more like a dictatorship than a democracy.

But I do understand where you are coming from: Often I have found that folks who get to fly frequently in the front of aircraft begin to believe they are somehow better than other people, not just more fortunate. And they feel they "deserve" more, not just more perks, benefits, and privileges, with which I agree, but also more rights.

But that's where you are wrong and begin to sound like an arrogant elitist. The right to not have Delta hold Amican Express reward points hostage after Delta makes a great blunder and the rights of a pregnant woman, stranded overseas because of a Delta ticketing error -- should have nothing to do with how much they have spent, nor how many flights they have taken.

In fact I believe that those of us who have experience and knowledge in all things, especially such as travel have been gifted inherently and as such we have an obligation to assist others less fortunate.

This is an excellent forum (hope forum is ok with you semantically) for an exchange of information and ideas and such one of the most appropriate and accessible places to post information that will help others.

And my purpose was not just to help fliers, but also to help Delta, since if management doesn't realize their Sky Miles program is breaking down, they can't fix it. As such, reaching out to Delta, that makes "posting" here all the more appropriate.

For you and all who agree with you, I suggest once on every flight you take, flight you take a walk 'round the back of the plane and check out the less fortunate. Notice, for example, that in all ways that matter, they are people just like you and as such, their fortunes may be less, but their rights remain the same.

Don't worry I am sure those who have spent zillions like you will continue to enjoy special access to management. It's just that the rest of folks should have at least SOME ACCESS, NOT NO ACCESS to those who can resolve serious problems, not just the only recourse of the long process of writing a letter.

But beware of your elite attitude, as you write and speak your karma is slipping!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by hfly
PS: I would like to say that since you say you have "real problems" compared to those mentioned in my blog, such as a pregnant woman stranded by a ticketing error in a country with no Delta office -- your problems must be "real" indeed to be worse than that. And for that which you have suffered so extreme I am sympathetic as I myself broke my neck and tore off my right arm (reattached) in the service of my country so I know what real problems are as well.

But I also notice that you have posted here over 8,500 times in the past less than eight years, and that averages out to nearly three posts a day -- which makes me think that you must work in public relations for the airline industry, because whom else would have such time, especially when they are also the huge-level frequent flier you say you are and of necessity must be spending considerable time in the air away from web access.

Please turn all of you insight and experience around and seek to help (not nit pick) your fellow travelers and this most admirable and substantive bulletin board/forum/blog with the benefits of your writing ability and the time you have to post.

When I have time, I shall review your other submissions in the hopes that the vast majority of the 8,500 are informative and substantive as is worthy of such a frequent flier/blogger.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Anytime Ihave had a customer service issue with an organization, depending on the severity of it and whether a CSR attempted to resolve it to my satisfaction, I've always done my own research on the company in question and written a letter directly to the CEO or Chairman. I don't get a response directly from that person, but I usually get one from his or her "Assistant." And usually with an outcome to my satisfaction.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Almost nine years here, so the average is a bit lower. I would suggest you be very careful in the assumptions you make around here. I have helped, really helped thousands if not tens of thousands of people through FT over the years and any long term FT'er can attest to this. So you, who has come out of nowhere and is in fact crossing a fine FT line, should be very careful in the assumptions and accusations which you make and the spurious comparisons which you have created in your own mind..
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:30 am

In before the lock

10MM welcome to FT.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
OK folks,
This thread has overstayed its welcome.
RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.