Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone know which 737-800's have the satellite tv?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know which 737-800's have the satellite tv?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:32 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
PDX-CVG will be a regular non-AVOD 737-800...

FYI, the 73H vs 738 vs 73W designation can be found with the downloadable-for-PC Delta timetable found on delta.com. The schedules in there not only list the various 737s, but also 752 (ex-TW/AA BE-equipped 757s) vs 757 (domestic 757s)...
Ok now I am totally confused as flight 756 DFW-ATL says M88 on the flight_schedule.pdf but 737-800 for november on the booking maybe they don't change the pdf that frequently
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:02 pm

Do 767-400 have IFE in Coach? what about 767-300 ? This would be on domestic flights from ATL-MCO Would they have it turned off on short flights?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by john398
Do 767-400 have IFE in Coach? what about 767-300 ? This would be on domestic flights from ATL-MCO Would they have it turned off on short flights?
All of DL's widebodies have IFE (inflight entertainment) in coach. I think you're asking about the AVOD PTVs? The domestic non-ER 767-300s (those with 24 First seats) have AVOD PTVs at every seat.
As for the 767-400s, 7 of them are still in the domestic configuration (no AVOD PTVs in coach, only overhead monitors) but the other 14 reconfigured for international have AVOD PTVs at every seat. The 7 domestic ones will be converted to international this coming winter.
For ATL-MCO, they sometimes use internationally-configured 767-400s so you could get one with the AVOD PTVs (check the seat map - the int'l ones have 7 rows of 6 seats across in the Business Class cabin). The PTVs are turned on for domestic flights as well, but remember that since these are international birds, the "TV" option will have canned episodic TV shows instead of the "Live TV" option.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
All of DL's widebodies have IFE (inflight entertainment) in coach. I think you're asking about the AVOD PTVs? The domestic non-ER 767-300s (those with 24 First seats) have AVOD PTVs at every seat.
As for the 767-400s, 7 of them are still in the domestic configuration (no AVOD PTVs in coach, only overhead monitors) but the other 14 reconfigured for international have AVOD PTVs at every seat. The 7 domestic ones will be converted to international this coming winter.
For ATL-MCO, they sometimes use internationally-configured 767-400s so you could get one with the AVOD PTVs (check the seat map - the int'l ones have 7 rows of 6 seats across in the Business Class cabin). The PTVs are turned on for domestic flights as well, but remember that since these are international birds, the "TV" option will have canned episodic TV shows instead of the "Live TV" option.

Thanks, it looks like that flight starts in Johansburg to Dakar to Atlanta to Orlando so I would see why the "Live TV option" would not be available on those planes
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:30 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
So if in Expert Flyer the flight says 73H, there is PTV/AVOD in Y? Specifically DL 107 JFK-SAN and DL 648 LAX-JFK. Both say 73H.

While UG chances look good on the overnight, the JFK-SAN chances look slim to none but I have row 18 and if I also have AVOD, I'm pretty happy
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Lufthansa, Alaska
PDX-ATL was all ex-Song 757s with AVOD, but now some of these flights are on 737s with AVOD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.