Earn up to 8k DL Bonus miles with Budget

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Earn up to 8k DL Bonus miles with Budget

NOTE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN AMENDED NOW AS OF 10/23/08

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...afall2008.html

================================================== =======

SkyMiles Members can earn up to 8,000 Bonus Miles Plus Save up to 20% on all rentals.

Delta SkyMiles members can earn up to 8,000 bonus miles on various car groups at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada. Offer valid September 1, 2008 through November 15, 2008 on rentals of one or more consecutive days!

Rent an intermediate or full-Size — Earn 1,000 bonus miles
Rent a premium — Earn 2,000 bonus miles
Rent a luxury — Earn 5,000 bonus miles
Rent an SUV — Earn 7,500 bonus miles
Rent a specialty or hybrid — Earn 8,000 bonus miles

This offer is in addition to the valuable savings of up to 20% off your rental when you use BCD #U093300. Provide your SkyMiles number at time of reservation or check-in.

Choose from a large selection of cars, at the most convenient airport locations and enjoy the great value and service you expect from Budget.

Subject to complete terms and conditions below.
terms and conditions
Offer valid for pick-up from September 1, 2008 through November 15, 2008 on qualifying rentals of one or more consecutive days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada. Offer expires November 15, 2008. Must use Coupon number MUAZ016 for intermediate (class C) or full-size (class E) cars; MUAZ017 for premium (class G) cars; MUAZ018 for luxury (class H) cars; MUAZ019 for (classes F,W,Z,L) SUVs; MUAZ020 for specialty or hybrid (classes V,P,K,S) cars. You must provide SkyMiles number at time of rental or check-in to receive bonus miles. A 24-hour advance reservation is required. Offer may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods. The savings of up to 20% applies to Budget leisure weekly and weekend rates and is applicable only to the time and mileage charges of the rental. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, and customer facility charges ($10/contract in California) may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($28.99/day or less, except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and refueling are extra. To use this offer, reservation must be booked 24 hours in advance of pickup. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or offer. Renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. One coupon per rental. For reservations made on budget.com, offer will be applied at time of rental. Car must be returned at Airport Locations Only. Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.50 USD per day, may apply. Mileage accrual structure subject to change. Rental must begin by November 15, 2008. ONE RENTAL PER CUSTOMER. MAXIMUM 3 AWARDS PER CUSTOMER.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

================================================== =======

UNOFFICIAL PROMOTION DETAILS AND POSTING OF MILES

*This information is compiled from experiences from current and previous Budget promotions

1. You can earn MORE THAN 8k Miles for this promotion. More than one rental is eligible for the promo. NOTE: See Amended T&C above

2. Delta posts miles to the accounts from Budget on the 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th of each month. Only rentals that have been returned prior to 5 days before the posting date will post on that date. For e.g. if you returned your rental on 13th, it will post on the 24th. If you returned on 12th, miles will post on the 17th.

3. Yes, miles have been posting for this promo. Multiple people have multiple miles posted to their accounts already.

4. You can rent for a cheaper car (Intermediate/Econ) and ask to be upgraded (usually for a small fee) at the counter. This is sometimes cheaper than out right renting a SUV. You HAVE to make sure they upgrade to a F class, not some other class and give u a SUV.

5. Also renting an XH, XB, etc. DOES NOT give you miles using the 8k code even though Budget regards them as Specialty vehicles.

Last edited by vrbaba; Oct 24, 2008 at 9:27 am Reason: Added user details about promotion and posting of miles
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:24 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
$35.22 for 7500 miles

F Class which is an intermediate SUV for weekend rentals at DFW. Any cap on the number of rentals?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
$32.81 ai for a Regular SUV (Ford Explorer) at CVG

Might have to think about doing a couple of these for a day. Still not the 10K for about $40, but still less than a half cent per mile.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Wow, I am just amazed the amount of mileage promo that has been going on w/ Budget... and Bosley, etc.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, I can't find any SUV less than $70 ai at my nearest locations. It comes out to 1c per mile, but .5c per miles is much more fun.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:01 pm

Kinda cautious about Budget since they were awful for me with the 9999 promo. I never did get the miles credited. Avis was no problem at all.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by hinsopa
Kinda cautious about Budget since they were awful for me with the 9999 promo. I never did get the miles credited. Avis was no problem at all.
I was just about to book a rental I need w/ Budget w/ this promo, until I remembered I wasted 3 rentals on the very same location because they were not corporate (SAN).
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
What Budget locations have you had success with? I know ATL is not a sure thing so I might consider a quick trip somewhere just for the budget miles. What about BHM? Can we start a list with participating locations and just update it with success/horror stories.

LS
Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What's the deal with ATL not being a "sure thing"? Can anyone confirm one way or the other whether this promo is available at ATL?

I missed the last one but might take advantage of this one.

TIA.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PlatMed
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LastSurvivor
What Budget locations have you had success with? I know ATL is not a sure thing so I might consider a quick trip somewhere just for the budget miles. What about BHM? Can we start a list with participating locations and just update it with success/horror stories.

LS
I had success with the 9999 promo at the Budget airport location in BOS.

-DLM
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:05 am

I rent from Budget often using the delta promo offers. I never have had a problem with the miles posting. Just be sure to give Budget your skymiles # when checking in.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:27 am

does anyone know how much budget charges for underage drivers? Seems to be a good promo unless the extra fee kills it for me...

Edit: Just clicked on the link and saw that its 25 bucks for PVD..

Last edited by tanzaniancane; Sep 3, 2008 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:02 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by LastSurvivor

LS
Don't know about that but the other promo they introduced lately that runs thru end of September =8500 miles/ 5 day rental w/Continental listed BHM,MEM,MCI, and OMA as non-participating a/port locations.

Last edited by rustyr; Sep 3, 2008 at 8:28 am Reason: addtn'l info; grammer
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
$38.24 for an intermediate SUV in Austin, 7500 miles, ~$0.05 per mile.

How do I find out if Austin is a participating location?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:40 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
[
How do I find out if Austin is a participating location?

Go to budget's website click on the "customer care" then click on the "glossary", scroll down to c- corporate locations-click on that; you can then enter the a/port code to see if corp/licensee owned or not. And yes, AUS is corporate.

Last edited by rustyr; Sep 3, 2008 at 8:42 am Reason: addn'tl info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.