Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Double MQM Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
I'd be willing to bet that that the double MQMs includes the 1.5 multiplier. This MQM calculation isn't even called a "bonus" on delta.com, it simply is how MQMs are calculated. In addition, the language in this promotion reinforces this notion, which again leads me to believe that the full MQMs will be doubled.
FWIW, in last year's double-MQM's-for-New Yorkers promotion, the doubling extended to the 1.5 multiplier. IIRC that promotion actually was marketed as "double MQMs for coach, triple for business class", but I got triple MQMs (i.e. 2 x 1.5 MQMs) for tickets booked in the in M fare class.

Also, this current promo worked for me and my wife. Sounds pretty indiscriminate...
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I was able to register my foreign-address account, without any issues. Whether I will actually receive any bonuses is an open question. If there is going to be some gate-keeping on this, it does not look like it will be at the sign-up stage.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:02 am

Darn, here I sit with two M return TATL fares (upgraded with Skymiles) booked this month for May travel and 18K MQMs to be earned from each. Now I find out it could be 36K MQMs if I'd only waited. The $400 change fee on international tickets makes it very difficult to consider cancelling and rebooking. Hmmn, on second thought, 18K MQM for $400 and a seat in J might well be worth it. Gotta check it out to see if there is still M availabilty with a Z kicker.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
If I understand the possibilities of earning MQM's thru AMEX, this makes Plat possible with as few as 25K butt-in-seat miles.
If somebody had both a personal and business Delta Amex, they could now earn Platinum with as few as 11,667 BIS miles flown on this promotion (40,000 MQMs earned through their two Amex cards and $35,000 MQMs earned for buying 1.5x MQM fare for those 11,667 miles).

With only one Delta Amex, the BIS miles flown on this promotion goes up to 18,334.

Heck, even without a Delta Amex, someone can make platinum by flying just 25K BIS miles on 1.5x MQM fares. I'm sure there is someone here who can figure out the cheapest way to do that.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: DL PM, US, NW Silver, CO, Hilton HHonors Gold
With the two DL Plat AmEx's last year I got 50,000 non-air MQM as one of them (the business, I think) has a bonus 10,000 on the anniversary date.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Originally Posted by skchin
Might as well enjoy your complimentary upgrades in 2008 because 2009 will not be pretty. Imagine 50 PMs, 70 GMs, 100 FOs jocking for breezeway cuz they didn't get upgraded on a 777 flight.
At least this promo requires some work and BIS miles. Last year's AMEX promo (double bonus if you include the anniversary date and annual spend) was much worse.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:44 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
sorry

Last edited by Pharaoh; Mar 31, 2008 at 7:59 am Reason: wrong thread
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:08 am

Wait a minute, so YBM fares *DEFINITELY* mean double the 1.5 miles flown?

I've got 27,904 MQMs now -- with 20K Delta Amex, need 27,096 for PL. So I only need two transcons in M fares?

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA;94[I
[/I]93852]If somebody had both a personal and business Delta Amex, they could now earn Platinum with as few as 11,667 BIS miles flown on this promotion (40,000 MQMs earned through their two Amex cards and $35,000 MQMs earned for buying 1.5x MQM fare for those 11,667 miles).

With only one Delta Amex, the BIS miles flown on this promotion goes up to 18,334.

Heck, even without a Delta Amex, someone can make platinum by flying just 25K BIS miles on 1.5x MQM fares. I'm sure there is someone here who can figure out the cheapest way to do that.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Wait a minute, so YBM fares *DEFINITELY* mean double the 1.5 miles flown?

I've got 27,904 MQMs now -- with 20K Delta Amex, need 27,096 for PL. So I only need two transcons in M fares?
Yes.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by flynne1
With the two DL Plat AmEx's last year I got 50,000 non-air MQM as one of them (the business, I think) has a bonus 10,000 on the anniversary date.
The anniversary date bonus was probably part of last year's transition from membership year spending to calendar year spending. I don't think you will get it again this year.

David
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:27 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The anniversary date bonus was probably part of last year's transition from membership year spending to calendar year spending. I don't think you will get it again this year.

David
Correct, but it sure was a great bonus gift last year
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
Originally Posted by skchin
Might as well enjoy your complimentary upgrades in 2008 because 2009 will not be pretty. Imagine 50 PMs, 70 GMs, 100 FOs jocking for breezeway cuz they didn't get upgraded on a 777 flight.
I mean, yeah, it's possible. But these kinds of doomsday scenarios just don't pan out that often.

Speaking of doomsday scenarios, has anyone camped out at SLE? I'm doing a MR next week.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Email is out ...

Hello jbatl,

Island hopping? Yes, please. Web site hopping? No, thanks.

Skip the hassle and head straight to delta.com, where you'll earn double Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) when you book a flight between March 31 and April 30, 2008 and travel by June 30, 2008.

Then start racking up the MQMs for Medallion® status, which enables you to enjoy exclusive perks like complimentary upgrades, priority boarding, mileage bonuses, preferred seating and Crown Room Club® discounts.

And regardless of your status, you'll receive VIP treatment at delta.com, where you can take advantage of:

An industry-leading Best Fare Guarantee backed by a $100 travel voucher
No direct ticketing charges or online booking fees
Flexible searches by schedule, fare or airport location
Convenient check-in options at home, on-the-go and at the airport
Seamless flight, car, hotel and trip amenity reservations
Register by April 30, 2008 and then get the most bang for your booking at delta.com.

Terms & Conditions

Eligibility:
You must be a new or existing SkyMiles® member with a U.S. mailing address in your SkyMiles account to take advantage of this offer. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online at delta.com/double between March 31, 2008 and April 30, 2008.

Offer:
Earn double Medallion Qualification Miles/MQMs on all Delta-coded flights booked and purchased on delta.com between March 31, 2008 and April 30, 2008 and flown between March 31, 2008 and June 30, 2008.

Travel Period:
Travel must be between March 31, 2008 and June 30, 2008. All travel must be completed by June 30, 2008.

Validity:
Medallion Qualification Miles are based on a multiple of distance flown and fare class purchased for qualifying flights and do not include bonus miles. Medallion Qualification Miles are used for Medallion status qualification and are based on calendar year activity. For this offer, members must book and purchase tickets on delta.com between March 31, 2008 and April 30, 2008 and fly between March 31, 2008 and June 30, 2008 to be eligible for the offer.

Additional Restrictions:
Medallion Qualification Miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6-8 weeks following the end of the promotion (June 30, 2008). Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, visit delta.com/memberguide. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers subject to change without notice. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97063136.

Miscellaneous:
To review Best Fare Guarantee terms and conditions, please visit delta.com/bestfare.

© 2008 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
ADD: And banner ads for the bonus are all over this page right now.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Guys: looks at it this way, the promotion is for booking (i.e. spending your money) between March 31 and April 30. This is clearly an attempt to boost Delta's revenue numbers for April, by increasing secular travel demand (i.e. making you take a trip you wouldn't otherwise), and -- perhaps more importantly -- front-loading booking of tickets that might otherwise get booked in May or June.

Last edited by Buster CT1K; Mar 31, 2008 at 8:56 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:55 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Guys: looks at it this way, the promotion is for booking (i.e. spending your money) between March 31 and April 30. This is clearly an attempt to boost Delta's revenue numbers for April, by increasing secular travel demand (i.e. making you take a trip you wouldnb't otherwise), and -- perhaps more importantly -- front-loading booking of tickets that might otherwise get booked in May or June.
No. Revenue is not recognized until the service is provided. Until then, the cash is offset on the b/s as "accrued air liability" (or something to that effect).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.