Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
I dunno if all the FTers on here are doing it right now, but the site is slow as molasses right now. Like 5 mins load time, at least for me
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA/DL/NW/HiltonHonors Gold
I of course failed to read it all before opening my big mouth. As I was editing my own post you beat me to it!!!!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by sammy0623
I dunno if all the FTers on here are doing it right now, but the site is slow as molasses right now. Like 5 mins load time, at least for me
I got that too... it even froze up for a while. It behaved eventually, all I had to do was wait it out (wasn't tough, as I was doing some'n else at the time anyways).
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler / Plat, ICH RA Plat, Gold Father, Nickel Husband
Thanks for the Info.....
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
So a transfer from SPG to Delta and an additional transfer from AMEX to Delta would count as 2 unique activities?

This almost seems to easy to get the minimum the 3k bonus without spending a penny.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by delmargal
This almost seems to easy to get the minimum the 3k bonus without spending a penny.
That's why I have so many questions. If just staying one night in a LaQuinta works then "easy as pie!". But if I have to aquire 6,000 LaQuinta Returns points in order to transfer them for 1,000 SkyMiles (before March 15) then I will not mattress hop!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA/DL/NW/HiltonHonors Gold
So a transfer from SPG to Delta and an additional transfer from AMEX to Delta would count as 2 unique activities?

Yeah both count because I did exacty those two last time SPG and AMEX MR transfers and I got it. Staying at a SPG earning miles for the stay and later transferring miles from your SPG CC would only count once (same for Marriott or Hilton too).
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
That's why I have so many questions. If just staying one night in a LaQuinta works then "easy as pie!". But if I have to aquire 6,000 LaQuinta Returns points in order to transfer them for 1,000 SkyMiles (before March 15) then I will not mattress hop!
If you can earn Skymiles by staying at LaQuinta then you only need to stay there once. If you spend a night there and transfer from the same hotel family points program it only counts as one activity.

I made a list of the ones that seem best for me(and the least expensive):

SPG transfer
MR transfer
e-rewards redemption
Delta miles purchase
One skymilesshopping purchase-I'll buy a gift card to some place
One skymiles dine-I'll stop by a place and grab a drink with a friend

Seems like a great offer...
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
I made a list of the ones that seem best for me(and the least expensive):

SPG transfer
MR transfer
e-rewards redemption
Delta miles purchase
One skymiles dine-I'll stop by a place and grab a drink with a friend

Seems like a great offer...
How about buying a $1 worth of prints from Shutterfly?

That would be one more. Any other cheap suggestions?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Question You would think DL would run the T&C by one of us FTers first!

If you can earn Skymiles by staying at LaQuinta then you only need to stay there once. If you spend a night there and transfer from the same hotel family points program it only counts as one activity......
I don't see a "hotel family" for LaQuinta. And from their web site (LaQuinta Returns), I do not see a way to earn miles other than converting their points to SkyMiles in a minimum block of 6,000 points = 1,000 SkyMiles.

There is another confusing part of the T&C. When Delta lists which activities count as only ONE for, let's say, Hilton, they use parentheses around the list of Hilton brands and preface it with "one stay among...".

Example:
"....Hilton (one stay among Conrad, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites or Scandic);...."

Then farther down the T&C you have the following quote:

"...one activity among the following (AJC, Allright Parking Corp, Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, Atlas Van Lines, Inc., Best Western, Big Y Foods Inc., Boca Parking Systems, Bose Corporation, BostonCoach, CAPITAL G Bank Limited, Carlson Companies, Inc., Castle on the Hudson, Daytona Beach International Airport, DealerMiles, LLC, Delta Vacations, Dental Advantage, DHL Express, DIAMOND AIRPORT PARKING, Drury Inns Inc., East West Resorts of Big Sky, e-counters.com, Edgewater Hotel, Fieldheads Coffee Company, FLS Transportation Services, Inc., GE Consumer Finance, Gourmet Center/Biscoff.com, Great American Days, Greater Binghamton Airport, Greene Classic Limousines, Hartmann Luggage, Hotel Captain Hook, Hotels.com, IncentOne, Java City, KievApartment.com, La Quinta Inns Inc., LATHER, Luxe Hotels, Lynx Ski & Golf Vacations, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Organic Bouquet Inc., PARC FIFTY FIVE HOTEL, PC/Nametag, Preflight Airport Parking, Ridley's Family Markets, S&H Greenpoints, Samsonite, Scenic Airlines, SHILO INN, Shop 4 Miles, SIRVA-Air Miles for Moving, SkyMall Inc., Southern Jewelry Travelers Association, Sunterra Resorts, The Cincinnatian Hotel, Tokyu Hotels Co., LTD, Triple J Parking, USA Today, Vinessee LLC, VISION NUMERICA USA, INC., West Coast Hospitality Corporation)...."

Does this mean that if I use Atlas Van Lines to move and buy something from SkyMall that these TWO activities will only count as one? The parentheses are confusing. Are they saying that each one of these counts as one activity? or are they saying that any activity in this group will only count as one? (like the hotel chains).
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:36 pm

I don't see a "hotel family" for LaQuinta. And from their web site (LaQuinta Returns), I do not see a way to earn miles other than converting their points to SkyMiles in a minimum block of 6,000 points = 1,000 SkyMiles.

Example:
"....Hilton (one stay among Conrad, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites or Scandic);...."

Then farther down the T&C you have the following quote:

"...one activity among the following (AJC, Allright Parking Corp, Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, Atlas Van Lines, Inc., Best Western, Big Y Foods Inc., Boca Parking Systems, Bose Corporation, BostonCoach, CAPITAL G Bank Limited, Carlson Companies, Inc., Castle on the Hudson, Daytona Beach International Airport, DealerMiles, LLC, Delta Vacations, Dental Advantage, DHL Express, DIAMOND AIRPORT PARKING, Drury Inns Inc., East West Resorts of Big Sky, e-counters.com, Edgewater Hotel, Fieldheads Coffee Company, FLS Transportation Services, Inc., GE Consumer Finance, Gourmet Center/Biscoff.com, Great American Days, Greater Binghamton Airport, Greene Classic Limousines, Hartmann Luggage, Hotel Captain Hook, Hotels.com, IncentOne, Java City, KievApartment.com, La Quinta Inns Inc., LATHER, Luxe Hotels, Lynx Ski & Golf Vacations, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Organic Bouquet Inc., PARC FIFTY FIVE HOTEL, PC/Nametag, Preflight Airport Parking, Ridley's Family Markets, S&H Greenpoints, Samsonite, Scenic Airlines, SHILO INN, Shop 4 Miles, SIRVA-Air Miles for Moving, SkyMall Inc., Southern Jewelry Travelers Association, Sunterra Resorts, The Cincinnatian Hotel, Tokyu Hotels Co., LTD, Triple J Parking, USA Today, Vinessee LLC, VISION NUMERICA USA, INC., West Coast Hospitality Corporation)...."

Does this mean that if I use Atlas Van Lines to move and buy something from SkyMall that these TWO activities will only count as one? The parentheses are confusing. Are they saying that each one of these counts as one activity? or are they saying that any activity in this group will only count as one? (like the hotel chains).
Yes, the partners in the parentheses all count as one activity group. So if you redeem dealermiles and purchased something from Lather, it's only one activity.

I am unsure about your LaQuinta question as I didn't know the details of that chain for earning Delta miles.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

In regards to going through skymilesshopping.com, would purchasing an Online Gift Certificate for BarnesAndNobles.com count as an activity? And also, since I have never used skymileshshopping.com, how does this get credited to skymilesshopping? At skymileshshopping.com, I click on the link to "Shop Now" and it takes me to barnesandnobles.com. How is the skymilesshopping portal referenced when I check-out at b&n dot com?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the partners in the parentheses all count as one activity group. So if you redeem dealermiles and purchased something from Lather, it's only one activity.
Thanks. Because this is the case, the LaQuinta question is now moot. Why "mattress hop" (check-in; check-out; pack; unpack) when I there are so many other partners in that "group".
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:46 pm

In regards to going through skymilesshopping.com, would purchasing an Online Gift Certificate for BarnesAndNobles.com count as an activity? And also, since I have never used skymileshshopping.com, how does this get credited to skymilesshopping? At skymileshshopping.com, I click on the link to "Shop Now" and it takes me to barnesandnobles.com. How is the skymilesshopping portal referenced when I check-out at b&n dot com?
You can't buy a bn gift card through their shop now link. See below on the page under Merchant details: "Miles will not be awarded on the purchase of Gift Certificates, Gift Cards" So maybe it would be activity, but with the fact of not getting the 3miles/dollar-I wouldn't take my chance.

You can however go to giftcertificates.com through the skymilesshopping portal and buy an electronic gift card. That will count as Skymilesshopping activity and earn you 2miles/dollar spent on the gift card. Additionally in the past when I've used bn gift cards through the skymiles portal I've also received the 3miles/dollar.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:47 pm

Also Evan, don't purchase anything until the 15th when the promotion starts

I almost redeemed my erewards this morning, glad I came here first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.