Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
Delta's reply:
we have not yet received any information regarding this particular offer,
...how very disconcerting. Same I had to face for 6mo.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Jan 13, 2008 at 7:51 am Reason: Removed a profanity.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:37 am

Looks like the linked page has been pulled.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by myleguy
Looks like the linked page has been pulled.
Sure has: https://www.delta.com/marketing/partnerbonus/index.jsp

Ooops
We're sorry for the mix-up, but the page you are trying to reach can not be opened up and here's probably why:

The page may have moved or was retired.
If you typed in a web address, recheck the address to make sure it's correct. Most addresses are case sensitive.
Let us help you find what you're looking for with these resources, or if you'd like you can return to previous page.

Site Map & Search
Use the search tool at the top of the page to quickly scour our website or check our Site Map for a list of stuff on delta.com.

Let's Talk
If you still need help, drop us an e-mail or call delta.com support
Old Jan 10, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Bring this back!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
The link is back on the main site!
https://www.delta.com/marketing/part...008/?soac=dcom

When it comes to earning rewards, it's all about knowing the right people. With over 100 participating non-airline partners, chances are wherever you are and whatever you're doing, you can be earning miles. And now, between January 15 and March 15, 2008, you can earn 3,000 bonus miles for doing business with just 3 unique Delta SkyMiles partners—and up to 25,000 bonus miles with 25 unique partners.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:45 am

Just registered! Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Awesome! We're in!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Questions questions questions

Last year I passively joined this promotion.... IOW I did not actively look at how I could maximize my partner count. This time I am going to work at it. But I have some questions that I hope someone here at FT can answer for me so I don't have to deal with CSRs who know nothing more than the T&C on the registration web site.
  1. Starwood Hotels are listed as a partner in the T&C. How does one get credit for a "unique" partner with them? AFAIK, you don't ever earn miles with SW hotels for a stay, one earns Starpoints. Yes, one can convert the Starpoints to miles. Is this the only way for DL to recognize on your SkyMiles activity that you used their partner Starwood? I was hoping to wait until I had enough points to conver 20K points to 25K miles. Can a single night stay at a SW property be someone eligible for this DL promotion without converting points?
  2. One use of any Delta-branded Amex card appears to qualify for this promotion. Would using the DL Amex at SkyMall count as 2 unique partners?
  3. With Hilton one can earn points & miles; or points & points. Does one have to choose points & miles as their earning preference for a Hilton stay to qualify? IOW, does a transaction on one's SkyMiles account constitute as the unique activity. If not, how would DL be aware of my use of their partner Hilton?
  4. I have a Hampton Inn stay checking in on Jan 14. If I check out on Jan 15 does this fall within the applicable dates? I have never done "hotel hopping" but with this promotion I am seriously considering it. Right now, I know of no really good Hilton promotion so I am willing to sacrifice the HHonors points for two months (currently over 1/2 million). [Please don't quote the "Quadruple SkyMiles" promotion going on right now with Hilton as a "good promotion". This is not a good promotion for me because the rates are so much higher than standard and AAA. I don't have an employer to screw.]
  5. Would purchasing SkyMiles from Delta and using SkyMiles Cruises count as 2 "partners" or one?
  6. I can't remember for sure from last year's promotion but didn't partner airlines count in 2007? I see in the T&C that airline partners are not eligible for qualification. Was this true last year?
  7. Would a dine through Rewards Network and a hotel stay through Rewards Network count as one partner because both involve Rewards Network?
  8. If the hotel at which someone stays through Rewards Network is also a hotel in one of the "grouped" hotels (Carlson/Marriott/etc) would this count as 2 partners or 1?
  9. Would staying at a Holiday Inn Express AND converting Priority Club points to SkyMiles count as 2 or 1 use of Intercontinental Hotels?
  10. I understand from this thread and others that getting the "credit" was a real hassle for some last year. Any advice on how to preemptively act so as to avoid the dreaded CSRs at Delta when the promotion is over?
Thanks in advance for any help given.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:10 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by Evan!
  1. Starwood Hotels are listed as a partner in the T&C. How does one get credit for a "unique" partner with them? AFAIK, you don't ever earn miles with SW hotels for a stay, one earns Starpoints. Yes, one can convert the Starpoints to miles. Is this the only way for DL to recognize on your SkyMiles activity that you used their partner Starwood? I was hoping to wait until I had enough points to conver 20K points to 25K miles. Can a single night stay at a SW property be someone eligible for this DL promotion without converting points?
You can change your earning preference with SPG to Skymiles. You can do it online by accessing your account preferences. The Starpoints are almost always more valuable, but maybe you could do it for just one inexpensive stay, or maybe for an award stay, and just buy a drink at the bar and make sure you get the Starpoints for the drink credited. Or change your earning preference and drop by a local Starwood property and order a drink, then change your earning preference back.

Do you have SPG platinum status? If so, you can convert a single Starpoint to a single Skymile and qualify for a Starwood partner activity.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
You can change your earning preference with SPG to Skymiles. You can do it online by accessing your account preferences. The Starpoints are almost always more valuable, but maybe you could do it for just one inexpensive stay, or maybe for an award stay, and just buy a drink at the bar and make sure you get the Starpoints for the drink credited. Or change your earning preference and drop by a local Starwood property and order a drink, then change your earning preference back.

Do you have SPG platinum status? If so, you can convert a single Starpoint to a single Skymile and qualify for a Starwood partner activity.
Thanks HH. No I do not have any status with Starwood. Question: How would dropping by a Starwood property and having a drink earn me points or miles? I would have no hotel bill on which to place the drink. How would I tie my SPG account number to a drink at the bar? Would a gift-shop purchase also be able to be tied to my SPG account? (Sorry if this is remedial. I have never earned points/miles at any hotel without actually being checked-in. Maybe I have been missing opportunities blindly.)
Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Changing to earning preference within SPG is only possible once per year as far as I know.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:00 pm

One thing I've learned from the last such promotion: is make sure you save TWO screenshots of this promotion. One, the entry page, with your name/email/account number, all filled in. The other, of the confirmation page.

If you don't know how, it's extremely simple to do:
just use the "print screen" button (for most keyboards, its usually directly above the "insert" and "delete" buttons; at the top of the keyboard; skewed right) to copy the entire screenshot.... then paste it in any art program (e.g., "Paint") and then save it. My suggestion would be to email the saved screenshot to yourself; that way, you have it both on your computer (stationary) and in your email (mobile) to be retrieved from multiple locations.

Make sure you take note of the date and time that you've registered! After that, call these fools, and make sure you get vocal confirmation that they have you enrolled. If they don't, then you now have undeniable proof that you've registered. It will save you sooooooooo much hell thereafter.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Another Question

Sorry for yet another question
  • 10. LaQuinta is mentioned as a partner in the T&C. I have looked at the LaQuinta Returns web site and don't see any miles-earning opportunities (i.e. the ability to tie my stay stay with my DL SkyMiles number). They do offer conversion of their Returns points to SkyMiles. Would this be the only way to have LaQuinta be considered a unique partner?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA/DL/NW/HiltonHonors Gold
My issue is I might be a few short of the 12 partners. I want to know if it is like last year's where if you didn't get 15 you got the 10k. I will let the wife get the other 3 and get the 3k for her. SO is it 1k per transaction or if you hit the posted amounts that's it???
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melucher3
My issue is I might be a few short of the 12 partners. I want to know if it is like last year's where if you didn't get 15 you got the 10k. I will let the wife get the other 3 and get the 3k for her. SO is it 1k per transaction or if you hit the posted amounts that's it???
From the T&C:
Threshold Bonus Miles:
Bonus miles under this offer will only be awarded in the stated increments for the activity levels described. For example, 8 unique partner activities would result in only 6,000 bonus miles. Please allow 10 to 12 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post.
If you fall short of 12 you will only get 6,000 bonus miles. (assuming you reach 6)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.