Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick CRC/Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
Gatwick CRC/Arrivals Lounge

I was on the CRC website tonight and I saw both the CRC in London and the Arrivals Lounge are listed on the CRC location website. I was under the assumption that the Arrivals Lounge was only for those in BE, not any CRC member. Do any of you know what the rule is for access to the arrivals lounge?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 1:39 am

Programs: DL PM, CRC; Hilton and Marriott Gold
Gatwick

The Gatwick CRC Lounge is indeed available to all CRC members, although check the hours since they aren't typical domestic US CRC hours. It had a self-serve bar and had more snacks/appetizers than a domestic US CRC, as I recall.

The Arrivals lounge in LGW is NOT available to all CRC members. It is available to all DL BE travelers, and PM in Y, only.

I found this out traveling to Gatwick in Y in November, as a (then) GM, and was not allowed access to the Arrivals Lounge despite being a CRC member.

I informed Delta of the web site error by email back in November. They appreciated the email and error notification, but have yet to correct it.

Bob
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by meteobob
The Arrivals lounge in LGW is NOT available to all CRC members. It is available to all DL BE travelers, and PM in Y, only.
meteobob is correct here. Since the OP is a PM, he/she will have access to the arrivals lounge anyway. IIRC, a PM utilizing the SkyTeam benefit of lounge access on intl. itinerary, can only bring one guest in the lounge (not two guests and/or entire immediate family that is allowed in CRC's for CRC members).
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
FWIW, the arrivals lounge is excellent. It is easy to get to (take elevator to 2nd floor after clearing customs) and follow signs to the Sofitel. As you enter the hotel, continue going straight across the lobby. At the other end, is a single elevator that takes you down one flight to the arrivals lounge.

The CRC is also very nice but can get a little crowded right before departure.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, AA GLD/AC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ecaarch
meteobob is correct here. Since the OP is a PM, he/she will have access to the arrivals lounge anyway. IIRC, a PM utilizing the SkyTeam benefit of lounge access on intl. itinerary, can only bring one guest in the lounge (not two guests and/or entire immediate family that is allowed in CRC's for CRC members).
So is access to the Arrivals lounge PM on a Y fare only or just PM?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Bonzz
So is access to the Arrivals lounge PM on a Y fare only or just PM?
I believe that the reference to Y is for any coach fare (award or otherwise). IIRC, PM gets you into this lounge as a Skyteam Elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.