Search

International Expansion Announcement Next Week

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pbarnette
I'm having a little trouble understanding... Are you saying DL prices below BA for corporate rates, or above? I know that (prior to BA losing insane amounts of luggage) that our corporate TAs swore that the BA discount was very generous and that we should book them whenever possible.
I'm saying DL prices higher than AA. If DL is pricing higher than BA in corporate contracts, that would not surprise me since BA's sales team comes across as more aggressive in courting customers than DL's sales team.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:38 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Did not do a search, so no idea if it has been reported, but some changes to 757 have already been loaded:

01MAR SAT JFK/ EST FRA/#6
13DL 106 J9 D9 I3 Y9 B9 M9 H9 JFKFRA 1925 0930#1 757 D/ 0
Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9

01MAY THU JFK/ EDT EDI/#5
13DL 96 J9 D8 I7 Y9 B9 M9 H9 JFKEDI 2005 0810#1 757 D/ 0
Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9

01MAY THU JFK/ EDT MAN/#5
13DL 154 J9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 JFKMAN 2040 0855#1 757 D/ 0
Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9

Most interesting for me is that FRA is loosing the "big" bird to JFK to be replaced by the 757 on March 1st...it's not an additional 757 frequency to FRA but replacing the existing flight.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
It's official from DL will inaugurate ATL-ARN goes effective June 3, 2008

It's official releases from DL will inauguarte nonstop from ATL-ARN and here it is:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/070924/127244.html

Thanks all!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm saying DL prices higher than AA. If DL is pricing higher than BA in corporate contracts, that would not surprise me since BA's sales team comes across as more aggressive in courting customers than DL's sales team.
That's what happens when you have 8-10 times more capacity on a route.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting to see the ATL-ARN announcement come separately from everything else. I know we here on FT discovered it a few days ago, but Id think DL would do it all at once.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Interesting to see the ATL-ARN announcement come separately from everything else. I know we here on FT discovered it a few days ago, but Id think DL would do it all at once.
Not entirely up to DL I believe...the Stockholm Airport authority was announcing the new route today at a breakfast, hence the news came out today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the China route announcement, and the JFK announcements (the bulk of next year's expansion) will be on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I really wish Delta would stop with all this JFK nonsense until the government straightens out that airport and re-institutes a slot control program that is reasonable for the airport capacity..
The new flights will likely be scheduled outside of the 5-7pm departure hour. There is still capacity for international departures in the 9-10pm hour, for example; BOM leaves after 9pm as will TLV when it starts next March. A good bet that the new ones to the Middle East will leave at that time also, with a return in the early morning (6-7am arrival). Currently, only GRU and BOM arrive at that time; they will be joined by TLV next March, and the other Middle East/Africa services as well later next summer.

The short 757 routes can also leave later in the evening and return earlier in the afternoon (e.g. Ireland, London, AMS, all come in quite early these days, there is still capacity for international arrivals in the 12-1pm timeframe).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Wish they would feed more domestic capacity into JFK...I know that's all JFK needs right now, but a lot of their international destinations are double connections for much of the east coast cities that have no JFK connection. With Jet Blue there are fewer cities in this boat, but I wish DL would at least fill in the gaps where it's profitable. It could be said, however, that they've already done that! Hoping to see JFK service return to GSO though.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sxf24
That's what happens when you have 8-10 times more capacity on a route.
You'd have to be familiar with AA, BA and DL's corporate contracts to know what's happening. Who knows.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
You'd have to be familiar with AA, BA and DL's corporate contracts to know what's happening. Who knows.
Are you saying I'm not?

In general, the carrier with the greatest capacity on a route offers the most competitive corporate contracts.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Wish they would feed more domestic capacity into JFK...I know that's all JFK needs right now, but a lot of their international destinations are double connections for much of the east coast cities that have no JFK connection. With Jet Blue there are fewer cities in this boat, but I wish DL would at least fill in the gaps where it's profitable. It could be said, however, that they've already done that! Hoping to see JFK service return to GSO though.
You do realize there's very little capacity for additional flights at JFK...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:07 pm

You do realize there's very little capacity for additional flights at JFK...
Actually, there's plenty, just not at the times people want to fly there.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtparadis
Actually, there's plenty, just not at the times people want to fly there.
Hmm, there might be a market for flights departing to small cities on the Eastern seaboard at 2:30 in the morning.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:15 pm
VIB

Talking What time does the 5PM flight to Europe leave?

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The new flights will likely be scheduled outside of the 5-7pm departure hour. There is still capacity for international departures in the 9-10pm hour...
Don't the 5-7 pm departures already leave around 9-10 pm? So the 9-10 pm departures would actually leave around midnight or 1 am, right?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Hmm, there might be a market for flights departing to small cities on the Eastern seaboard at 2:30 in the morning.
While not strictly related to JFK, if there were a reasonable option to get me into DAB at the start of the day (say 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.), I'd consider it. As it is right now, I take the late flight down the night before. Sadly, the "late" flight means leaving my house at 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:39 pm

shanghai

atlanta to shanghai is next

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.