Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC - blech.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
CRC - blech.

So I had the misfortune of using the B-concourse CRCs this morning. It's been a while, and I'd forgotten just how bad they are, especially when compared to AA's product.

First, the line was out the door of the CRC near B-6, and there were no - count 'em NO - seats to be had inside. The agent checking at the entrance was happy to run my platinum AmEx through the system, and then to tell me that the one at B25 was in a lot better shape.

So, off I went to B-25 (my departure gate was B5), where they rant the AmEx card again. I fussed a bit about the other CRC, and the agent said "well, having that room is better than nothing". I beg to disagree. It's useless.

On the good side: I got a seat near the window. Yeah, the cushion/springs in the chair were saggy, but it was a seat, and I was able to check email. On the way out, I decided to stop in the mens room. It was an absolute mess. Trash everywhere, and the unoccupied stall looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while (looked like someone had an explosive event hours before). So nasty that I ended up using the restrooms on the concourse - and I noted that the guy who walked in the mens room after me just stared at the stall for a minute before turning and leaving. The staff of the CRC dismissed my suggestion that they have the toilet cleaned.

Blech. And certainly not a product worth paying for.

Then I get to the gate and find myself number 11 on the gate lottery out of 27, with all 24 F seats already claimed.

Not a good day through ATL, at all.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL GM/CRC, AA Gold, UA Premier
B crc sucks, definitely hit A17 or A-Centerpoint. There is a thread somewhere which talks about which CRC's are the best.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I Was There This Morning Too

I entered when the club opened at 6:00 a.m. (I was in the middle of an OAK-ATL-BWI redeye). It wasn't quite as crowded then as it was when you were there.

At least ATL has a number of CRCs to choose from. DL closed its lounge at BWI years ago, and has never reopened it; maybe now since NW has moved back to Pier C, and there is quite a bit of combined traffic, they might have a SkyTeam lounge, but the big question would be where to put it, as there is little room left for an airline club in that concourse.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Yeah, I remember the old CRC at BWI. It was where the NW gates are now.

I don't see them putting a new club there, even with NW. With WN, BWI tends not to have the same kind of yields as some other airports. Were CO to move over there, too, it might make sense, but I just don't see it happening.

It's not the same as a club, but one of the best kept secrets as a place to escape some of the worst of the crowds at BWI is the observation deck. Not a lot of folks know about it, so there's not much traffic, and it's a great view. With a wireless card and cellphone, it's better than nothing.....

I knew Concourse B was bad. It's really gotten worse recently.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
B is a busy concourse in busy hub airport, an exclusively DL concourse. It has 2 CRC's although one is quite small.

I haven't been in many non-DL clubs, but to make a fair comparison, I can use the CLE PC. I'm usually there late on a Thursday or Friday afternoon. It's a CO hub, and although the concourse also handles NWA, I don't think there are any other airlines. There's just the one club, and it's convenient to CO and CO Express gates. It's a 10 minute hike from DL country, but that's just 3 or 4 gates.

Aside from amenities and age of furniture (not a problem for me), the big difference is the crowding. Can anyone explain why. I've never had a problem finding a seat anywhere else, including said CLE PC. Is it the traffic levels or are there other reasons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.