FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CRC - blech.
Thread: CRC - blech.
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:05 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
CRC - blech.

So I had the misfortune of using the B-concourse CRCs this morning. It's been a while, and I'd forgotten just how bad they are, especially when compared to AA's product.

First, the line was out the door of the CRC near B-6, and there were no - count 'em NO - seats to be had inside. The agent checking at the entrance was happy to run my platinum AmEx through the system, and then to tell me that the one at B25 was in a lot better shape.

So, off I went to B-25 (my departure gate was B5), where they rant the AmEx card again. I fussed a bit about the other CRC, and the agent said "well, having that room is better than nothing". I beg to disagree. It's useless.

On the good side: I got a seat near the window. Yeah, the cushion/springs in the chair were saggy, but it was a seat, and I was able to check email. On the way out, I decided to stop in the mens room. It was an absolute mess. Trash everywhere, and the unoccupied stall looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while (looked like someone had an explosive event hours before). So nasty that I ended up using the restrooms on the concourse - and I noted that the guy who walked in the mens room after me just stared at the stall for a minute before turning and leaving. The staff of the CRC dismissed my suggestion that they have the toilet cleaned.

Blech. And certainly not a product worth paying for.

Then I get to the gate and find myself number 11 on the gate lottery out of 27, with all 24 F seats already claimed.

Not a good day through ATL, at all.