Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta Skymiles - no extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Skymiles - no extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dane1
Apologies if you misconstrued this as an argument for additional Medallion levels.
No worries
I merely disagreed with your viewpoint that the OP was 'whining'.
I guess you must have a higher level of tolerance than I do. The OP claims to work to Starwood's loyalty program and goes on to point out how Starwood's program treats customers "better" than Delta's program. To me, it came across as hostile and unrealistic.
I think he was completely in his right to ask; as a later poster also pointed out, he certainly has no right to expect.
Yes, it's true, anything can be negotiated. The OPs letter wasn't a start at negotiation, it came across as an angry eight-year-old who's mom has just said "No!"
My personal view is that some kind of threshold bonus would be nice. I'll easily hit 150K plus with DL by Fall, unless I decide to put my post-75K mileage somewhere else. Delta does not give me any formal incentive to keep with their program past PM qualification. I'm a senior executive so its easy to get comped to mid-elite level on another carrier, thus the DL domestic upgrades by themselves won't necessarily keep my business. Would be great to see something like the old system that gave int'l upgrade certs every 20K flown.
I'm know that Delta carefully looks at their customers and tries to find ways to reward very valuable customers. The EP program is Delta's effort to do just that. EP isn't a "level" per se above PM, and it doesn't have the types of benefits that you describe, but from the very small sample I've read about (and the few EPs I know), EPs seem relatively happy with the EP program.

I think everyone would love to see a return to the old-style international upgrades (as well as the confirmable-at-booking domestic upgrades that GMs got), but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:01 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimrpa

You could also do a search on "white envelope" in this forum to see that Delta DOES try to recognise some of their very high revenue customers with some extra perks. I've no idea whether the program will exist next year, or what it will offer. This year, it did not offer any additional upgrades.
However, the EP status has drastically improved my domestic upgrades.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimrpa

I'm know that Delta carefully looks at their customers and tries to find ways to reward very valuable customers. The EP program is Delta's effort to do just that. EP isn't a "level" per se above PM, and it doesn't have the types of benefits that you describe, but from the very small sample I've read about (and the few EPs I know), EPs seem relatively happy with the EP program.
I believe the miles made a difference even before the EP status. When I would have a problem often the agent would comment on my number of miles and go and get a supervisor.
And yes, I am VERY happy with the EP program and hope it continues. If nothing else the VIP desk is worth it. Just hope I get invited again!
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
I believe the miles made a difference even before the EP status.
If so, I haven't gotten the benefit of that compared to people who do half my level of travels or less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.