Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

JFK Terminal 2 Medallion & Domestic First Check-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2007, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA

Just to let you all know that when I flew out of JFK yesterday on May 1, all Medallions and domestic First Class passengers can now check-in at Terminal 2. ^ ^ . No more of that mess at Terminal 3! When you enter T2, the International BusinessElite counters are on the left side, while the new counters for Domestic First and Medallions are on the right. And yes, you can now check domestic bags there too...
Old May 2, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Excellent news! I'll be flying out of JFK in July most likely up to BOS, but won't have access to a printer. Since it'll be DL Connection as well, it'll be nice to do everything right there in T2 - check-in, Crown Room/BizElite lounge, and DL Connection gates, all in one place.
Old May 2, 2007, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Sigh.

If only I were going to be a Medallion before my flight ex-JFK this weekend.

Good to know for next time though.
Old May 2, 2007, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Just to let you all know that when I flew out of JFK yesterday on May 1, all Medallions and domestic First Class passengers can now check-in at Terminal 2. ^ ^ . No more of that mess at Terminal 3! When you enter T2, the International BusinessElite counters are on the left side, while the new counters for Domestic First and Medallions are on the right. And yes, you can now check domestic bags there too...
So, no matter where your flight it going out of, you should just tell the cabbie to drop you off at T2 if you are international biz elite or even domestic first and medallion?

You can get between T2 and T3 airside, right?
Old May 2, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Right.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:27 pm

Yes, there are moving walkways airside between T2 and T3.
Old May 2, 2007, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Right.
Originally Posted by thenewbie
Yes, there are moving walkways airside between T2 and T3.
Excellent!

How about a Medallion/BizElite/Domestic First security area??
Old May 2, 2007, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Excellent!

How about a Medallion/BizElite/Domestic First security area??
That's basically what T2 is now - no one else can check in there, and you'd have to be a pretty savvy non-elite to know that you could go through T2 security with a carry-on.

And this is great news!
Old May 2, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
This is indeed great news. It seems like Delta is very serious about revamping its JFK operations. And I get to try it out this Sunday on my non-stop to SEA!
Old May 2, 2007, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
This is 'music to my ears' since my next 4 departures (all domestic) from NYC are out of JFK.

Thank you Delta!

Hopefully....all of my flights will depart from T2.

However......why do I have a funny feeling that I might have to do a 'reverse hike' from T2 to T3?

A.J.
Old May 2, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: Not enough to count anymore
opening time for T2

Clipper,

Do you know if DL will open T2 in the morning now? I checked in at JFK on the morning of May 1st and saw the newly logoed signs @ T2 outside which says Medallion, First, and BE but it was closed when I arrived. T3 had the first/medallion/BE lines open as usual. Hopefully they will open T2 for AM departures as I usually fly DL17 to ATL in the AM...
Old May 3, 2007, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by cell7481
Clipper,

Do you know if DL will open T2 in the morning now? I checked in at JFK on the morning of May 1st and saw the newly logoed signs @ T2 outside which says Medallion, First, and BE but it was closed when I arrived. T3 had the first/medallion/BE lines open as usual. Hopefully they will open T2 for AM departures as I usually fly DL17 to ATL in the AM...
It's supposed to be open in the morning for the domestic F and Medallion check-in but I'm not sure if they have started that yet...I'll ask when I go through T2 again this coming weekend.
Old May 4, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I just got this email today:

If you haven't visited Terminal 2 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) recently, you're in for a pleasant surprise.

As part of our expanding domestic and international service from JFK, we've upgraded our facilities to improve your overall travel experience.

Premium check-in for First Class, Medallion® and SkyTeam® Elite passengers is now up and running in Terminal 2. And you can now enjoy renovated and updated interiors, new high-end shopping opportunities, upscale dining options, BusinessElite® check-in facilities and a refurbished BusinessElite lounge.

So let us pamper you in Terminal 2. Whether you're flying nonstop to Mumbai, Nice or Los Angeles, you'll enjoy a more pleasant and convenient trip from curb to gate.
Old May 4, 2007, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Loran
That's basically what T2 is now - no one else can check in there, and you'd have to be a pretty savvy non-elite to know that you could go through T2 security with a carry-on.

And this is great news!
Hmmm, so when my wife and I traveled (both of us are FO) domestic (JFK-SAN), we could have just gone through the quick security in T2 and walked around behind the scenes?

We sat in the crazy security line in T3 for like 30 mins!!
Old May 5, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM
Hmmm, so when my wife and I traveled (both of us are FO) domestic (JFK-SAN), we could have just gone through the quick security in T2 and walked around behind the scenes?

We sat in the crazy security line in T3 for like 30 mins!!
Yep, had a friend without any status skip the huge line at T3 and just walk up to T2 security check with 3 people in it. No one complained or asked anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.