Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bonus opportunity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:12 pm

can't we just get an answer? im dying to get some lather javacity
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:40 pm

Wow. I'm very sorry NJUPINTHEAIR. I wasn't trying to be offensive. I've been burned by promo gotchas before and am not giving the benefit of the doubt until Delta responds to my email. I hope I'm wrong.

My comment about "partner" was just to point out some irony.

I'm using this post to maintain a list of partner activities which apply to the promo. For each partner listed, only 1 transaction will be counted. Special qualifiers are noted:
  1. Delta Buy Miles minimum $29.56 for 1,000 miles including tax
  2. Car rentals: 1 eligible transaction per rental company
  3. Hotels: 1 eligible transaction per hotel family, meaning 1 stay or 1 points conversion (Note: SPG platinum have no minimum for converting points; 1500 for gold; 2500 otherwise)
  4. Hotels: Goldpoints or Goldpoints Plus points conversion: 1 eligible transaction ; This counts as a Radisson hotel activity. I listed this separately to point out that it appears Goldpoints and Goldpoints Plus will not be treated separately. Also, at least 1 person reported that Goldpoints posted at DL as "incentive miles." (You can get 500 free goldpoints by updating your email address)
  5. Credit card: SkyMiles Credit Card: Only 1 transaction counts among any of the SkyMiles credit cards from SkyMiles AMEX, SkyMiles HSBC Bank Brasil, SkyMiles Corp Banca, SkyMiles Banistmo credit or debit card, SkyMiles MBNA Visa, SkyMiles Resona Visa, SkyMiles HSBC Mexico Visa, SkyMiles ScotiaBank Visa, SkyMiles Banco Cuscatlan
  6. Credit card: AMEX MR points conversion
  7. Credit card: Diner's Club points conversion
  8. Credit card: Mashreqbank points conversion
  9. Credit card: Puntos de Oro points conversion
  10. Credit card: Club de Beneficios points conversion
  11. Point conversion: Points.com: The new terms imply that only the 100 mile enrollment bonus counts as an activity. Logically it seems like this could be a mistake, and you'll be able to count either 1 swap or 1 enrollment bonus or 1 referral bonus (If you don't have points to transfer, you can quickly earn some Hotspex points by taking a survey. Then transfer them to DL via points.com.)
  12. Point conversion: eMiles
  13. Point conversion: eRewards
  14. Vacation partner: SkyMiles Cruises
  15. Vacation partner: Marriott Vacation Club
  16. Vacation partner: Scenic Airlines
  17. Internet/Telephone: EarthLink
  18. Internet/Telephone: T-Mobile Hotspot
  19. Internet/Telephone: Network Solutions
  20. Internet/Telephone: SkyMiles Wireless
  21. Financial: Chase Home Equity
  22. Financial: Chase Education Finance
  23. Financial: GMAC Real Estate
  24. Financial: HomeLoanCenter.com
  25. Financial: LendingTree
  26. Financial: RealEstate.com
  27. Financial: ShareBuilder
  28. Financial: TD Ameritrade
  29. Financial: Ameriprise Home & Auto Insurance Quote: 1 eligible posting of miles
  30. Financial: Ameriprise Financial Services: 1 eligible posting of miles for financial consultation
  31. Retail: 1-800-Flowers.com
  32. Retail: FTD.com
  33. Retail: Netflix
  34. Retail: SkyMiles Clothing Care 1 eligible transaction or sign-up bonus
  35. Retail: SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse Wine Clubs, Great American Days, Samsonite, Java City, LaQuinta: Only the first purchase made among any of these will count
  36. Retail: SkyMilesShopping: Only the first purchase made among any SkyMilesShopping retailer will count.
  37. RewardNetwork SkyMiles Dining: 1 eligible dine regardless of number of restaurants (see post 181)
  38. SCANA
NOTES:
  • There is a 100 mile ENROLLMENT bonus and a 100 mile REFERRAL BONUS for points.com. More info at this link.
  • Delta confirmed that multiple purchases from SkyMilesShopping will only count 1 time for the purpose of this promotion, even if you purchase from many SkyMilesShopping retailers. (see post 181)
  • Although a Delta rep said non-SkyMilesShopping retail partners will each count 1 time for the promotion, (see post 256) the terms & conditions were revised to state this is no longer true.

The following will give you SkyMiles, but are apparently they're ineligible for the promotion. It's possible they fall under "SkyMiles Incentives".

Last edited by rrgg; Apr 19, 2007 at 2:53 pm Reason: I'm editing this as people find new things for the list
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Would just joining skymiles dining

Would just joining dining rewards be enough or do I have to go eat somewhere? How much do I have to spend at said restaurant? Cup of coffee or a beer?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by ijkh
Would just joining dining rewards be enough or do I have to go eat somewhere? How much do I have to spend at said restaurant? Cup of coffee or a beer?
If you have never joined, probably joining would be enough. But, going to an inexpensive restaurant in your area or on a trip for lunch isn't that much of an inposition. However, a cup of coffee would qualify.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by scassett
If you have never joined, probably joining would be enough.
I don't think there's a sign-up bonus, is there? I think just joining won't trigger anything on Delta's end and is not enough.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Don't forget those Goldpoint transfers, Delta is still part of the program.

I just tried to do the insurance quote, I got a Internal Server error at the end, trying to set up a password. Too many of us on at the same time??

JudyJFLA

I've got my 1st 5 now lining up the next 5!!

Java City
Drycleaning registration
E-Rewards Transfer
Lunch on the dining program
Used the Delta Amex Card

Next 5 to be:
Marriott Stay this weekend
MR transfer
Goldpoints transfar
Insurance quote
Jury still out on the next 1~~

I wanted to change my Hilton stay to Delta from BA but reserved it on the tennis discount site, so not easy to change, and I need to extend BA, also other night on the NW promo.
So many promo's so little time!!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:10 pm

hotel activity

Does having a meal at a Hilton or Marriott count as activity? Seems like it should, but how would they collect your FT number?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:12 pm

[QUOTE=JudyJFLA;7533567]
Java City
Drycleaning registration
E-Rewards Transfer
Used the Delta Amex Card

Next 5 to be:
MR transfer
Goldpoints transfar
Insurance quote

Thanks Judy for the idea to register for drycleaning. I didn't realize there was a 500 mile bonus for registering. Have you registered yet for points.com. There is a 100 mile bonus for registering there.

Keep the creative ideas coming.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Don't forget those Goldpoint transfers, Delta is still part of the program.

I just tried to do the insurance quote, I got a Internal Server error at the end, trying to set up a password. Too many of us on at the same time??

JudyJFLA

I've got my 1st 5 now lining up the next 5!!

Java City
Drycleaning registration
E-Rewards Transfer
Used the Delta Amex Card

Next 5 to be:
MR transfer
Goldpoints transfar
Insurance quote

I wanted to change my Hilton stay to Delta from BA but reserved it on the tennis discount site, so not easy to change, and I need to extend BA, also other night on the NW promo.
So many promo's so little time!!
Just an FYI - since many insurance agencies are now performing credit checks as part of their risk assessment, this will show as a "hard" inquiry on your credit report. "Hard" inquiries, depending on the credit agency and number of inquiries, may have a negative impact on your FICO score.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:38 pm

Thanks for the points.com heads up. I opened a new account with them with an unused email address, so that is another one. And I relented and changed my Hilton stay from NW to Delta. I am such a bonus ho!!

JudyJFLA
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by travelingfool23
Does having a meal at a Hilton or Marriott count as activity? Seems like it should, but how would they collect your FT number?
I believe its possible to generate "stay" points and/or credit at Starwood for eating at an in-hotel restaurant that is set up to bill hotel guest rooms. But, I don't think you can generate airline miles this way without the interim step of transferring them and cashing out hotel points. In other words, the airline miles will not show up as a "stay" credit but rather as a "transfer points" credit.

I've never heard of being able to do something comparable at a Hilton. Someone else will have to chime in on Marriott.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Carolellen607
Keep the creative ideas coming.
Although it has changed over time, I think a current member of points.com can make free transfers. Would someone confirm this?

If that's the case, it may be possible to make a very small "swap" between programs to generate a partner activity. Something along the lines of swapping 35-40 points in one program to generate 5-6 miles at Delta. The transfer ratio is terrible, but the key is getting the partner credit.

Another unanswered question for me (awaiting an e-mail response from Delta) is -- are partners not listed on the default page included in this promo? This could open up some other inexpensive possibilities (e.g., possible future miles with mycokerewards comes to mind).
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:51 pm

Unfortunately, I've already signed up for Points.com, but it appears that they have a shopping mall where you can earn Delta Skymiles. Two questions that hopefully someone with experience can answer:

1. For these Points.com Mall purchases, will they post in such a way to be treated as an activity from Points.com?

2. Will they either post in time for the promotion, or be backdated so as to count?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:52 pm

Great thought on Coke points. The timing is right, as the new program is beginning on 4/16. I finally used some Coke point for the 5000 points for the 2 Hilton Stays. I had written Coke about if they were keeping or adding to Hilton or Delta awards and received the standard non commit message about no promises, so I was afraid to wait until after the 16th to redeem. It would be great to even have a 500 mile Delta award for this.

On E-Miles, it will not help on this unless you had 500 miles in a Delta E-miles account that is posting this month for the quarter. Setting up a new one won't help as far as I can see, so I am SOL on this one as I have 490 miles!!

Ameriprise is back working now 6:50 pm EST, just got my quote. $110 higher than Geico. Now off to do Mother's quote with a different PC and Phone number!!
This is so exciting, I can't stand it!!
We need more partners!!!!

I now have 11 completed with this weekends hotel stays!!!

JudyJFLA
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
You can definitely cross e-Miles off that list. They only transfer miles "after" the end of a calendar quarter, which will be May 31st, the same day the promotion ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.