Search

Drop it and Go in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Drop it and Go in ATL

Just received an e-mail from DL:

We just unveiled our new baggage drop system at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The system enables you to check in at one of our designated kiosks (complete with Spanish-language capabilities) and then drop your luggage at any Delta baggage drop. Simply scan your boarding pass at any baggage drop location and voila — baggage tags!

Has anyone used this? Do you just check in and have to put your own bag tags on? No checking of Ids?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
I did this on Monday of this week. The process seems to work the same as before, but instead of waiting for the agent to call your name, after you check in you get in another line to scan your boarding pass. The agent still grabs the luggage tag from the printer, puts it on your bag and checks your ID.

This is a slight improvement over the prior system, because you know how long it will be until you can check your bag (relative to your position in line), but not the huge change in process you were probably hoping for.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:42 pm

The email that they sent is a little misleading. They would have you believe that it is some sort of self-service luggage drop.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
There was an article in today's Atlanta Journal/Constitution about this new system, and the redesigned check-in area, in general. Most people interviewed liked it and thought it was faster, or would be the second time around. Even frequent flyer types were a little confused on their first encounter. Of course, you can still use the Sky Caps outside if you want the more human touch.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
i dont like that the fc checkin is as far from marta as possible.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by allen074
i dont like that the fc checkin is as far from marta as possible.
Random complaint of the day?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Experienced it tonight. Same checkin at kisok but then you get in line infront of an agent and scan your boarding pass.

No waiting to have your name called but there were still many waiting to hear their name.

DL needs to be a little clearer on the way this works. Too many rookies flying this time of year!
Old Mar 4, 2007, 6:55 pm

Only two people were handling a rush this morning at 8AM, and it wasn't too bad. Its very quick, so they under-staff it? The problem is when a bag is overweight suddenly the line backs way up.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:43 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
What is "baggage"?

If I can't relock it (with a real lock), then it's going FedEx/UPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.