Search

The White Envelope from Delta!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by johnnyoh937
PMU's are useless, they send them every year and I pitch them, when I fly international I buy bus. not so elite anyway. I think this year I am going to split the miles 75 and 75 to NW and DL and give NW more of a shot.....
I'm thinking of stopping at DL GM and crediting NW with most of the rest of the flights to go well over 75k there.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boutet Olly
If they have another level, it's definitely not like UGS over at UA. I think if there's an Executive level, it's more a perk (Platinum w/ better priorities) that Delta hands out to CEO's of big corporations to try and get their company's traveling clientele to fly DL.
DL definitely has another level. DL's new level above (and supplemental to) PM is not reserved for CEOs of big corporations; there are people way down the corporate totem pole who have it. We're not even talking about $100,000 in travel spending on DL.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
If you think the other airlines dont have these unpublished levels you are kidding yourself...go to the nwa forum and look around for the 2% stuff (the unspoken topic).
Lehava, if you've read about the 2% club on the NW board, you should know that you're not supposed to mention it! I think your penalty will be to have ketchup fountains installed on DL planes instead of chocolate fountains.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Lehava, if you've read about the 2% club on the NW board, you should know that you're not supposed to mention it! I think your penalty will be to have ketchup fountains installed on DL planes instead of chocolate fountains.
LOLOL..thank you for the GREAT laugh, I needed that today...you get post of the year!!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
Hmmm, in 2005 I spent close to $90k in travel on DL and flew 320,000 miles. I didn't get one of those cool "next level" packets.

Oh well.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm thinking of stopping at DL GM and crediting NW with most of the rest of the flights to go well over 75k there.
I'm praying I MAKE it to DL GM this year I'm counting on you to scout out a good MR
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I'm praying I MAKE it to DL GM this year I'm counting on you to scout out a good MR
I'll PM you .... once I clean out my PM box again and run into one. Hopefully the proverbial stars will line up perfectly (i.e., I have place in the PM box to send out messages and that you recieve them in time).
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sefrischling
Hmmm, in 2005 I spent close to $90k in travel on DL and flew 320,000 miles. I didn't get one of those cool "next level" packets.

Oh well.
Did you credit all those DL flights to your DL SkyMiles account? If not, I'm not surprised you were missed. If you did credit all those DL flights to your SkyMiles accounts, then that's a very interesting item you raise.

Edit: Then again you are speaking of 2005, not 2006. This is a 2006 program.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 1, 2007 at 4:27 pm
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by sefrischling

Oh well.
This is a new program.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
I had 250,000 MQM's for 2006...... nada..... guess I didn't spend enough?

2005 was my first year flying DL, only 120,000 MQM...

not spending enough or not a customer for long enough, or not enough BIS miles on DL metal?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mcjava
I had 250,000 MQM's for 2006...... nada..... guess I didn't spend enough?

2005 was my first year flying DL, only 120,000 MQM...

not spending enough or not a customer for long enough, or not enough BIS miles on DL metal?
Probably not enough money spent on enough BIS miles on Delta metal credited to DL SkyMiles.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL DM (1.1MM), MR TEL, HH DL, Avis P+ National Ex+, blah blah blah
Just a SWAG

This is just a SWAG on my part, but I'd wager that this special recognition is a combination of minimum MQM - AND - minimum revenue, that makes a magic light go on at DL and *POOF* your a "titanium medallion". And if the average is too low and/or both the mins are not met, you get bupkis...
(beyond the "plain old" - excuse me - "enhanced" PM.)

Great for those that get it. And the rest of us gotta try harder.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by javajunkie
This is just a SWAG on my part, but I'd wager that this special recognition is a combination of minimum MQM - AND - minimum revenue, that makes a magic light go on at DL and *POOF* your a "titanium medallion". And if the average is too low and/or both the mins are not met, you get bupkis...
(beyond the "plain old" - excuse me - "enhanced" PM.)

Great for those that get it. And the rest of us gotta try harder.
I don't know if DL can now calculate revenue of non-DL flights credited to DL SkyMiles, but I doubt if this (i.e., what I said in this sentence) is factored into EP determination.

Like you, I do think EP determination definitely involves revenue scoring (or at least fare code-based scoring) for DL flights credited to SkyMiles (run predominantly by SkyMiles number). A MQM criteria based on DL-only flights wouldn't shock me either. However, with other airlines such programs aren't usually based on elite-qualifying miles, for it's revenue from own-airline flights tracked by own-airline frequent flyer numbers.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL DM (1.1MM), MR TEL, HH DL, Avis P+ National Ex+, blah blah blah
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don't know if DL can now calculate revenue of non-DL flights credited to DL SkyMiles, but I doubt if this (i.e., what I said in this sentence) is factored into EP determination.

Like you, I do think EP determination definitely involves revenue scoring (or at least fare code-based scoring) for DL flights credited to SkyMiles (run predominantly by SkyMiles number). A MQM criteria based on DL-only flights wouldn't shock me either. However, with other airlines such programs aren't usually based on elite-qualifying miles, for it's revenue from own-airline flights tracked by own-airline frequent flyer numbers.
Yeah. My take on it is that you gotta spend the $$ with DL AND fly on DL metal to make the score count. Too much on other metal will skew the avg too low to make the cut. And, I'll add that I think it would even hurt if you bought the tix from DL but if they were on codeshared flts, that could put you "out of the money" for TEPM (Titanium-Executive-Platinum-Medallion). The reason being that they don't get to keep the rev (or at least not most of it).
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
In this post, RealDLInsider said that he would comment soon on the White Envelope. Perhaps he will reveal the qualification thresholds when he does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.