Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Review: Extra Seat Purchase / Flight Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold

Ok - this past week, I did my first extra seat purchase as opposed to one fc seat due to the price difference.

Let me start by saying, the whole process was completely miserable.

1. Buying the ticket was horrible, but should be easier in the future now that I know how to purchase said ticket thanks to the DL reps on this forum.

2. OLCI does not work for this type of ticket, rep on phone (non-India) told me I could still kiosk check in. WRONG. Machine did not work, I went on to the zoo line and after asking the woman with the bad attitude for help, another woman came over who told me I should go to Kiosk Assistance line. I did and was told that on the way back, just scan my boarding pass and it will work. WRONG AGAIN.

3. Going through security (lesson, do not show them your exst ticket.) they had no idea who this was. Took a few minutes to explain that its cuz of my size.

4. While waiting to board, I started talking to the woman behind me in line (about 15 mins or so) - we get up to the front, the woman takes both of my passes, scans the first, and asks if this one is for my wife behind me. Boy that was freaking embarassing.

5. On the way back, the scan idea did not work again, had to get help. Another rep on the security line didnt get the EXST crap.

I tried to leave out the other crap, but overall, while I tried to do the right thing to help a fellow pax, it certainly was quite painful for me.

Blah on Delta. Blah.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
But Hurrah for you for doing the right thing. ^
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
The process ahould be easier when a pax like allen074 tries to do the right thing for his comfort and the comfort of those around him. I suspect that the situation is similar at other carriers. If DL could streamline the process, they could then market that they were "POS-friendly". Thought for the folks on Virginia Avenue - the plane fills up faster when you are selling tickets two at a time. @:-)
Old Dec 12, 2006, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by allen074
Ok - this past week, I did my first extra seat purchase as opposed to one fc seat due to the price difference.

Let me start by saying, the whole process was completely miserable.

1. Buying the ticket was horrible, but should be easier in the future now that I know how to purchase said ticket thanks to the DL reps on this forum.

2. OLCI does not work for this type of ticket, rep on phone (non-India) told me I could still kiosk check in. WRONG. Machine did not work, I went on to the zoo line and after asking the woman with the bad attitude for help, another woman came over who told me I should go to Kiosk Assistance line. I did and was told that on the way back, just scan my boarding pass and it will work. WRONG AGAIN.

3. Going through security (lesson, do not show them your exst ticket.) they had no idea who this was. Took a few minutes to explain that its cuz of my size.

4. While waiting to board, I started talking to the woman behind me in line (about 15 mins or so) - we get up to the front, the woman takes both of my passes, scans the first, and asks if this one is for my wife behind me. Boy that was freaking embarassing.

5. On the way back, the scan idea did not work again, had to get help. Another rep on the security line didnt get the EXST crap.

I tried to leave out the other crap, but overall, while I tried to do the right thing to help a fellow pax, it certainly was quite painful for me.

Blah on Delta. Blah.
Did you get awarded FF miles for both tickets? Just curious.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

nope, zilch.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
nope, zilch.
I thought that in your other thread it was suggested that you must fax in your BP for the FF credit on the extra ticket. Have you tried this and been rebuffed?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

i have not done that yet, plan to this weekend and will report back.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I remember reading somewhare on the SM Rules & Regulations that, for instance, an extra seat purchased to transport musical instruments doesn't entitle to SkyMiles credit. I would say that the case at hand would be treated analogously.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 7:02 pm

But in that case, the musical instrument occupied the seat, not the passenger, so it's understandable. In this case, the passenger occupied the seat. I could see an argument being made for treating the situations differently.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3MM / Hilton Diamond
I did my first extra seat purchase
^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.