Wiki Posts
Search

No more Million Miler status?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
No more Million Miler status?

I finally saw the change in my SM status occur on delta.com. I fell from platinum to gold. I also noted that my Million Miler status, which used to appear under my name also disappeared. Has this happened to anybody/everybody else? Is MM going the way of the Flying Colonel?

As an aside, I checked in online today and my boarding pass still reflected my old Platinum status. It was good for one free last trip to the Crown Room!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keeton:
I also noted that my Million Miler status, which used to appear under my name also disappeared. Has this happened to anybody/everybody else? Is MM going the way of the Flying Colonel?</font>
I just double-checked and my account still lists Million Miler™, which BTW I note DL has trademarked, Platinum Medallion, Flying Colonel and Crown Room Club Member. So no changes in my account.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:21 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
When did you become a MM?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
My Million Miler status still shows, but not my Crown Room Club member. My membership expires in 2006, according to my card. Strange.

Bruce
Old Mar 2, 2004, 7:51 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Did those who dropped status change over on March 1?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
When did you become a MM? </font>
I hit MM over two years ago.

Just as an epilog: On one of my flights this evening, I asked the FA to check the manifest to see what status it showed for me. It was accurate and showed both my GM and MM status. I guess the problem is with whatever feeds the website.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 9:59 am

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
I wonder if the MM status is missing on your printed boarding pass, or under your account history on delta.com?

Mine still shows on-line, and it is indeed trade-marked!
Old Mar 3, 2004, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I went from GM to silver but MM still shows.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 9:46 pm
Original Member

There's definitely an issue then. That was when DL still awarded lifetime status. Under the current program, using the "annual silver medallion status", it has been my position all along that DL will grant that status for a year-or-so, or until they feel like it. Anyone who flies a million-butt-in-seat miles deserves the "lifetime" moniker.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 7:07 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
As long as the program remains relatively similar as it is now (Silver/Gold/Plat), Delta's not going to stop comping Silver to Million Milers.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 8:53 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
My FC status still shows. LOL
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:32 am
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAOCA:
As long as the program remains relatively similar as it is now (Silver/Gold/Plat), Delta's not going to stop comping Silver to Million Milers.</font>
As of the end of 2002 when the major changes were announced, the verbiage says you receive "annual silver medallion status" for achieving MM status. It says nothing about a promise to continue to do it for life, nor a promise to continue it for more than one year. Unfortunately, based on other actions by Delta, I can't agree with your statement since it is not substantiated with fact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.