Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United new promo, Will Delta Match?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
United new promo, Will Delta Match?

United announced a promotion today, fly 3 round trips in any class get a free coach ticket, fly 6 round trips and get an additional ticket, but in First class.

I certainly hope Delta will match this one. However, I still am having a hard time trying to find availability on those E class vouchers from the last promo.

swps
Old Feb 9, 2004, 8:37 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
There are some restrictions - The BIGGEST one being that you CAN NOT have a Saturday night stay. This eliminates a lot of the lower fares.

See Below:

Travel must be roundtrip and Economy travel cannot include a Saturday night stay.
• Roundtrip travel may be to any destination served by United, United Express or Ted.
• Ticket may be booked in any booking class in United First, Business or Economy Class.
• Qualifying travel must take place between February 9 and June 15, 2004.
• Passenger must be a Mileage Plus member and must register for this offer by April 15, 2004. You must provide your Mileage Plus number at the time of booking for flights to count toward the free ticket.
• Maximum of two free tickets may be earned.
• Free roundtrip ticket valid for travel on United, United Express or Ted in the contiguous 48 United States. For residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the free ticket is valid for roundtrip travel from these locations to the contiguous 48 states.
• Ticketing for the free roundtrip ticket is valid starting 4/1/04. The travel period for the free ticket is 9/1/04-6/15/05.
• You will receive your free ticket 4-6 weeks after the completion of your last qualifying flight.

Old Feb 9, 2004, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
I did not see the no Saturday night stay requirement, however my trips are always Sun-Wed or Mon-Thurs.

The last Delta fly 3 get one free was K fare and higher only, so it eliminated all the cheap fares too.

swps
Old Feb 10, 2004, 12:14 pm

Does anyone (with a great memory or good notes) remember how long it took Delta to match this offer from United last year when United started a similar promotion?

I'm hoping Delta matches it.

Thanks

Happydad
Old Feb 10, 2004, 4:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by happydad100:
Does anyone (with a great memory or good notes) remember how long it took Delta to match this offer from United last year when United started a similar promotion?

I'm hoping Delta matches it.

</font>
Assuming DL matches this, the longer they wait before making an announcement, the better it is for them. DL can keep the same promotion end dates as United and the pax will have less time to qualify.

I hope they match this too and preferably without their extra restrictive promotion restrictions.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yashan:
Assuming DL matches this, the longer they wait before making an announcement, the better it is for them. DL can keep the same promotion end dates as United and the pax will have less time to qualify.

I hope they match this too and preferably without their extra restrictive promotion restrictions.

</font>

Looked at from a slightly different perspective - people who like collecting miles, and had perhaps planned to go to Europe, may instead fly on United, whereas they might have been enticed by DL - if DL had offered something.. anything..

The company with the worm usually catches the fish, and in this case it may cost DL some revenue from flyers going over to UAL..

[This message has been edited by heckler (edited Feb 10, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.