Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Miles for Converting AMEX Gold Card to SkyMiles Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I have searched and searched and not found an answer. Does the current promotion by AMEX re: Delta SkyMiles Gold Card have an option for somebody like me who has a regular Gold Card and would like to convert it to SkyMiles? I have several SkyMiles cards including a platinum, but if I can get miles, I would be delighted to convert. Thanks, and I really enjoy this forum.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
You can apply for a gold skymiles card and then cancel your old one. There is a discount on the annual fee if you keep your old one, and under the current promotion, the first year is free anyway.

you can convert amex MR points into skymiles at any time, but from time to time there are promotions that tack on a percentage bonus.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Thanks, Sowalsky, what you suggest makes good sense. I thought I had seen an option for converting the cards. I guess there's always two ways to skin a cat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.