Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

New upgrade rules effective Jan 1, 2004... Happy Holidays from DL!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New upgrade rules effective Jan 1, 2004... Happy Holidays from DL!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2003, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Well...I don't doubt this is not good for everyone, can we acknowledge that they will get a lot more revenue out of this than what they had planned? I had already booked a NW trip for the first week of Jan but I booked 5 Delta trips yesterday. My coworker, 5,000 MQMs short of PM, booked a mileage run to pick up the difference, a $600 A fare to the west coast, something he wasn't going to do before the new changes.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indufan:
Well...I don't doubt this is not good for everyone, can we acknowledge that they will get a lot more revenue out of this than what they had planned? </font>
Dunno. All my 2004 travel will be on other carriers. So, in order for them to get more revenue, they have to be assured of replacing people like me. Maybe, maybe not.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Dunno. All my 2004 travel will be on other carriers. So, in order for them to get more revenue, they have to be assured of replacing people like me. Maybe, maybe not.</font>
Well, I will concede that I don't think they will get more revenue than if they had left the whole thing alone but will they get more revenue from the 2004 changes vs. the previously announced 2004 changes. Surely this answer has to be yes.

Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
There won't be as many people trying to run out the door - especially in captive DL markets. Therefore, it is probably safe to say they will not lose AS MUCH revenue.

Are they going to attract anyone because of their product or FF program as it stands - Nope. Once, again this will probably just stop some of the bleeding.

It is still the worst FF program of any major, and I'm still not planning on giving them $.01 next year. Which is the same amount they got from me this year.

[This message has been edited by CoMooter (edited Dec 19, 2003).]
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:07 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CoMooter:
Are they going to attract anyone because of their product or FF program as it stands - Nope. </font>
I'm not sure one can jump to this conclusion. Someone might view the "unlimited" free upgrades as an AAdvantage over AAdvantage, where many of the upgrades must be purchased.

By doing this, Delta will be the largest carrier to date to offer the unlimited upgrade plan for all elites. To say that this won't potentially attract some people from other carriers is a stretch. And on top of that, the companion upgrade thing could draw some interest as well (although I hate it).
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:27 am

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
just to add my two cents on the availability of the f/c cabin. as an Alaska MVPG, i get upgrade certs to use on NW. these can only be used day of departure (after all other NW-elites have already been automatically upgraded). i am upgraded 80% of the time. i never am upgraded on msp-dtw (connectors between major hubs), but usually other flights. i think there is hope for FO and GM to get upgraded more often than they think. just dont expect upgrades on the "highly traveled" routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.