Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

an upbeat Leo Mullin lays out his plans for turning around big losses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2003, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...59075151380.20 234287156334396

In the interview at Delta headquarters, Mullin was upbeat and almost exuberant, an attitude he hopes to convey to workers. "What creates morale in the company is a winning company," he said.

Old Oct 11, 2003, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Not all the initiatives have been hits. Many customers howled when Delta retooled its Medallion elite traveler program to give less credit to fliers using cheap fares. To employees' chagrin, Delta also reduced health and pension benefits.</font>
Guess this reporter was too busy kissing up to actually interview some former pax as to what they really howled about. Just one sentence about customers in a long article about winning and morale-- and they managed to get it wrong. Guess even this reporter was snowed into thinking PAX don't matter in the life cycle of an airline. Good luck Leo, keep smiling. That will make everybody feel better.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 3:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Not all the initiatives have been hits. Many customers howled when Delta retooled its Medallion elite traveler program to give less credit to fliers using cheap fares</font>
I agree with what you say traveling_again, but I do believe the article deserves some credit for its honesty.... this is the first fair depiction of the SkyMiles change I've ever heard; usually it's the "changed in order to reward loyal customers" spin.

------------------
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!
~ConcordeBoy

Try the Unofficial Continental Airlines Dictionary

[This message has been edited by ConcordeBoy (edited 10-12-2003).]
Old Oct 12, 2003, 4:11 pm

Programs: delta/song
Leo claims that customer service ranking has slipped. Flyer Talk would have expressed long ago the unhappiness with customer service(flight attendants)is that was really true. Most of the complaints have not been with the crews it's our management. Seems like another smoke screen to me. I wonder why Russell did not mention the fact that the employees pensions are underfunded by 4.9 billion and our management is overfunded by 45 million. Russell also said that they (Leo) decided to not take the other 20 million. That is not true, they have postponed that till next year but of course that is not what they said.. SPIN and a slap in the face to the loyal pax and employees
Old Oct 12, 2003, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ConcordeBoy:
...some credit for its honesty.... this is the first fair depiction of the SkyMiles change I've ever heard; usually it's the "changed in order to reward loyal customers" spin.</font>
Sure, I award this reporter 100 SkyMiles for not repeating the drivel from the DL information bureau. But I hope the AJC will hire some reporters that are capable of objectively interviewing employees and customers also. Besides the current and former executives, I think many of the other folks "involved" may have intelligent and meaningful things to say about A new direction at Delta.

[This message has been edited by traveling_again (edited 10-12-2003).]
Old Oct 12, 2003, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Well folks, this is Leos' final chance to bring things together. It appears even the idiot Greinstein is starting to see that Leo is a tired act at DL. Things will have to improve within the next 6 months or so or Leo is TOAST!!!

I hope the pilots tell him to go **** himself and end up causing him to lose his job. The latest about customer service improvements is a joke as not many DL employees care what he has to say. In addition, Leo started destroying the customer service way before 2001. He was always looking to cut in the effort to squeeze another penny to the bottom line.

Notice his total digust with AirTran in the article. He cant stand that he has allowed a once small competitor eat him alive in their hometown of ATL. What a complete fool and all his underlings including Ms. Escarra were to arrogant to think it could happen.

I truly believe the DL pilots will give the 25% to 30% pay cut necessary; however, it will take Leos' removal to make it happen. As a stockholder, I sure hope the Board of Director is ready to take decisive steps to move the company forward and remove these criminals before things get any worse!!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by traveling_again:
Guess this reporter was too busy kissing up to actually interview some former pax as to what they really howled about. Just one sentence about customers in a long article about winning and morale-- and they managed to get it wrong. Guess even this reporter was snowed into thinking PAX don't matter in the life cycle of an airline. </font>
It's the AJC, one of the most docile and generally worst papers in the country in its size category, especially when it comes to going after large-business interests (or advertisers) with the power to hit back. Last time they won a news Pulitzer, they ran the editor off not long afterward. No more of that nonsense now - just awards for editorial cartoons and the like. But they did fearlessly take on the powerful Richard Jewell.

If there's a Pulitzer hiding in Atlanta, it'll likely take an out-of-town paper to dig it out. In the meantime, we get softballs on the more-routine stories like these.

[This message has been edited by RustyC (edited 10-13-2003).]
Old Oct 18, 2003, 8:51 am

I was out of the country and missed this. Did Leo resign while I was gone?
Old Oct 18, 2003, 9:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mhbaker:
I was out of the country and missed this. Did Leo resign while I was gone?</font>
We should be so lucky! IMO, Leo will never resign. They'll have to drag him out of the executive suite kicking and screaming "But wait......I'm not through enhancing DL yet!!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.