Wiki Posts
Search

Sad Case

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
Sad Case

I was on a flight earlier this week and a uniformer flight attendant boarded and took the seat next to me. She was real quiet for most of the flight and mostly looked out of the window. During final she looked at me and asked if I were a frequent flyer. I replyed that I had been a DL loyalist for 23 years and was pushing 2 million miles but this was my last year because of the changes. Told her I would do close to 100 segs but probably would do about 45000 MQM.
She said how sorry she was that I was going as she had heard this over and over. She then broke into tears and said DL had just laid her off after 8 years because of declining loads and business travel, just turned in her badge and was on her flight home. She composed her and said she loved her airline and would write a letter on our behalf because she hated to see the exodes.

How about that for character and loyality.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 10:55 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Another story as well, We all suffered a loss this week when Barb who worked the CVG crown rooms was let go as well. She had 5.5 years in and was always extremely professional even in her last few days. Good Luck Barb and to those other 750.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that it is sad - but in this recent thread it was posted that the FA furloughs were only going back to 1998 hire dates - and the number of furloughs has actually been smaller than the original numbers discussed in that thread. The one you spoke to had 8 years? Of course, maybe she had three or more years in a different job for DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.