Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Okay...it's Feb 1st...where are our triple miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Okay...it's Feb 1st...where are our triple miles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2003, 6:18 am

I don't think anyone is disputing that we registered...they are now saying that we weren't "eligible" to register.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I saved the original offer. I've learned with these guys. (Delta Am Ex). I am tired of the whole thing.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 10:32 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Air Brian:
I am assuming the silence is a "no", but again I ask if anyone printed, or in other other way still has confirmation of registration. If so, it would be helpful to dissiminate it to those of us who registered, were confirmed, but did not print the page. Thanks!</font>
Actually, the registration screen is still active with exactly the same language as back in October. I just "re-registered" and printed out copies of both the initial and the "you have been sucessfully enrolled" screens. Go to:

www.delta-offers.com/offers/go/axtriplemiles

I have no idea if this paperwork will actually be of any use, but I figure it can't hurt.

Old Feb 9, 2003, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I printed the You have successfully registered screen but I'm not holding my breath.
Let me tell you what happened last time I persured a mileage dispute with Amex on a double miles promotion worth about 17,000 points. After 6 or 8 phone calls finally got a supervisor in Ft. Lauderdale who promised to get an answer & call me back. Naturally she never did so I started calling her back. Every day. Left voice mail for her but once got her "live". She got real nasty with me so I stopped calling & started writing letters.
Then a couple weeks later somebody charged thousands of $$ of communication equipment on my card and had it shipped to.....guess where? Ft. Lauderdale where the rude CS employee was stationed. 5 First Class plane tickets to and from....guess where? Ft. Lauderdale. The Nextell people told me whoever made the purchase had to be me because they gave them the 4 digit number on the back of my card, which was in my wallet on my person at the time of the charges.

So now the FBI is involved because it was over $5000. They think the employee gave my card number and 4 digit code to her son or boyfriend.

But, I did get the miles. And a letter saying my inquiry had been resolved but no apology. Next time I'll stick to writing.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 2:07 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Marylou: welcome to Flyertalk... Wow!
Old Feb 10, 2003, 5:27 am

Remember the double base mile targeted promo last summer? The doubled miles showed up as bonus miles, not base miles. DL responded to complaints that it was aware of programming error and it would be fixed.

Well, it never was. I let the matter drop because I requalified medallian (gee, wow!) w/o them.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 6:35 am

I called AMEX this morning, not really expecting much, just to see what they would say. At first the agent said that it takes 8-12 weeks after the promo to get any bonuses. I told her that the promo ended Oct 31 and that 12 weeks would have been the end of January. She then did looked at my account, said that it closed Feb 19, said that if it doesn't post by then to call.

I started to itemize my charges for Oct (since it falls over 2 periods) for my cards. I did get a big posting of Skymiles from AMEX on Dec 31 which is pretty close to the 2x miles I should have received for one card. However I have 2 AMEX cards, and the 2nd card (which was the number I called this morning on) doesn't have a similar posting.
I thought I asked before the promo if all DL AMEX cards would be eligible, since there is no way during registration to specify a particular card, I thought they said yes. It could be that I did get the bonus on my one card, but not on the other. If so, then obviously I registed and was eligible, so I just have to get them to apply that same bonus to my other card.

I'll wait 2 weeks (just to satisfy them, I'm not really expecting to see another bonus post), and then call again.

Jeff
Old Feb 10, 2003, 7:25 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
My DL/AMEX account cycled last night. I'll update to this thread when my DL points post within the next few days.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 8:00 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rb.sr:
Well, it never was. I let the matter drop because I requalified medallian (gee, wow!) w/o them.</font>
Hmmm. Mine all posted in mid September.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 11:35 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sowalsky:
Hmmm. Mine all posted in mid September.</font>
Possibly the first of the two promos. This thread is referring to the one that ended on 10/31.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
So at this point I have yet to see anyone that either:

a) Has received the triple miles or,
b) Was ever directly targeted by Delta or AmEx.

No doubt I am paranoid, but I am beginning to suspect that this promo was just a trap to find out who is signing up for promos they were never offered and marking their accounts for never offering bonus miles to again (perhaps the single mile a lot of folks seemed to have gotten has something to do with this).

Nah! AmEx would never be that organized.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 5:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by VPescado:
So at this point I have yet to see anyone that either:

a) Has received the triple miles or,
b) Was ever directly targeted by Delta or AmEx.

</font>
Well I was definitely targeted, as I did receive the postcard flyer in the mail. As previously mentioned, I also received a large Skymiles transfer from AMEX at the end of last year. The 18k+ Skymiles I received closely matched the 2x bonus I should have received for the ~$9400 I charged on one of my cards during the month of October, so I'm taking a guess that might have been the bonus miles for that card (especially since I didn't charge $18k after that). I have a 2nd DL Amex card that I should receive 14k bonus miles for, that one I suspect I'll have to open a case for.

Jeff
Old Feb 10, 2003, 5:57 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Although I am feeling a little doubtful...I too...set up a "case" history today with AMEX. They said it should take 5-7 days to resolve.....I hope favorably.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 6:34 pm

OK - I'm still holding my breathe.

My reasoning is - When I signed up for "Triple Miles" I got the "ACCEPTED" response, but when I tried to sign-up for the "On-line Statement" promo - I was "DECLINED" - So I'm amusing that the computer will acknowledge the "Triple Miles".

I sure hope that they post soon.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Thanks for the welcome!
I thought it interesting that it was 6 months after the fraudulent charges I got a call from the FBI. Hightened terror alert nothwithstanding, but I suppose it could be related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.