Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service from West Coast and DL Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Question Service from West Coast and DL Fleet

I fly on business frequently from the US West Coast (SFO SJC OAK LAX SNA PDX) and as 2006 has progressed, except to JFK and MCO, the routings DL have offered have been torturous (double connect, 9+ hour travel times, $900RT 3 weeks out, Comair via CVG), especially to midwest destinations.

On another board someone posted DL's fleetlist, and there I noticed that the 733's had been WFU. Those 733s were the core of much of my flying through SLC over the last 20 years; SLC connections were great in the old days.

I've already seen something about LAX as an RJ focus city, but unless you're flying to Mexico/LA, it doesn't sound terribly useful to me.

I acknowledge being on ex DFW M88s and M90s where I used to see the 733s. I also note that DL uses the 738 as both a short-sector and ATL-to-anywhere aircraft.

My wife is going to make elite status in Star Alliance this year owing to extensive overseas travel. I'm Million Miler and have had Platinum or Gold Medallion for 15+ years, and with all of the double connections this year I am trying to decide whether this is the time to jump to UA.

Looking at DL's fleet (and lack of acquisitions) these days, do they have or even plan on acquiring aircraft that would work efficiently from the west coast to their national route network without going through ATL? I'm trying to decide if the fleet simplification is the writing on the wall.

Thoughts, opinions, rumors, insider information on the DL fleet future welcome...
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I would imagine will let you know able good luck for flying on DL for throughout this year 2006. You know that mean I am became Silver Medallion while we flew from Israel last month of July 2006. If I could get more miles to toward Gold this year. I am members of the good program SkyMiles for long time. I am being enjoy flying on DL for many times. If I could fly on mostly airlines to do search for low fares with NW or CO. these both of them are part the skyteam partners. I would pleasent do letting me fly on Delta for long term. I will stay on DL to toward Gold or Platinum anytime soon.

I am being very happy to made me to Silver Medallion after the trip.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:32 pm

What are your typical destinations? I could understand having to double-connect out of a minor market like LWS or something, but LAX ... that's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by ExWestern
Looking at DL's fleet (and lack of acquisitions) these days, do they have or even plan on acquiring aircraft that would work efficiently from the west coast to their national route network without going through ATL? I'm trying to decide if the fleet simplification is the writing on the wall.

Thoughts, opinions, rumors, insider information on the DL fleet future welcome...
There are a few (10-15) 757s coming next summer. There's a bunch of speculation on places where they may be deployed ... west coast-HNL, SLC-Hawaii, JFK-Europe, etc. It may free up an extra aircraft or two to LAX, but its hard to say where it'd end up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.