Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buttons Arrived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:48 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
(Besides a check)would a self addressed stamped envelope help - or are these not of a size that will mail in a regular legal envelope.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm mailing these in padded envelopes with bubble wrap. Not too expensive, really. Postage has been the big cost at 83 cents each. Whew! One batch went out today. Another will go out tomorrow.

Bruce
Old Mar 4, 2003, 4:41 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--Underpressure--
I had forgotten that you were the author of the great DELTA acronym. Congratulations.

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 03-04-2003).]
Old Mar 4, 2003, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The 100 buttons are almost all spoken for. Should I order another 1000? Is there enough demand? The cost is very reasonable!

Bruce
Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Wednesday and Thursday work for me, too. How many will join us?

Bruce
</font>
Works for me (in the city, not at the airport!).

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:46 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
The 100 buttons are almost all spoken for. Should I order another 1000? Is there enough demand? The cost is very reasonable!

Bruce
</font>
Maybe 500 would be safer???
Old Mar 4, 2003, 9:29 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT

Bruce
</font>
Bruce - like I said before in my email to you send me 10 and you get $50 more for the save skymiles fund. Maybe we should charge a couple of bucks each and pump up that fund.

Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:14 am

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
Bruce or GG,

What is the cost per 10/50/100....
I am willing to pay for them, and even have them ship direct to me rather than have Bruce handle bulk. Who do I buy them from? I hear others on here saying the same thing. I'll buy 50 up front to pass out if they're not astronomical.

Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yknot:
Bruce - like I said before in my email to you send me 10 and you get $50 more for the save skymiles fund. Maybe we should charge a couple of bucks each and pump up that fund.</font>
Your ten buttons are at the post office right now and should show up pretty soon. They are traveling "first class," which WE won't be able to do starting next year!

Bruce
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FL-Delta-Platinum:
What is the cost per 10/50/100....
I am willing to pay for them, and even have them ship direct to me rather than have Bruce handle bulk. Who do I buy them from? I hear others on here saying the same thing. I'll buy 50 up front to pass out if they're not astronomical.
</font>
The price for 1000 is 35 cents each -- a real bargain, it seems to me! (Maybe I'm just used to New York prices.) We could order 1000 to get that volume price, then GG could directly ship large quantities (like 50 or more) to anyone who asked, although I don't mind handling this at all. Direct mailing would get them in people's hands a little sooner.

Bruce
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another 1000 buttons are on order. Thanks to all who have requested these!

Bruce
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
These sound VERY neat.

I am mailing some greenbacks to Bruce this week for the fund from 5 FT'ers, and will add a few bucks in US stamps (he, he, no problem for ME with those!) as Joh and I would love one to have as a keepsake.

I'll wear it to the FT dinner in Valencia Spain next week, and then to Cape Town. Bet the Thai and Lufthansa staff will ask what it is all about.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GG:
Paypal costs around 8% to the payee. Glen (Ozstamps) is very kindly willing to eat the merchant charge on contributions to the cause. If that's what you're talking about, check with him. E-mail to [email protected]

If you just want a button, I'm sure Bruce will mail you one.

Bruce, I also want to let people know that I can do some buttons without the rat, and just the slogan and url on it.

</font>
If you are willing to make a donation to SSM and want to use plastic...co to contributions thread and see Ozs address.

I think that if anyone wants a large number of buttons, a contribution is in order.

Check to Bruce or Plastic to OZ.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009120.html
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yknot:
Bruce - like I said before in my email to you send me 10 and you get $50 more for the save skymiles fund. Maybe we should charge a couple of bucks each and pump up that fund.

</font>

Go yknot!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 5, 2003, 9:07 am
GG

Bruce, as I told you earlier, I expect you could find a cheaper per button rate if you shopped around (outside NYC). But not a lot cheaper once you add in possible art and/or set-up charges, extra for shipping, etc. etc. - and account for the first 200 donated - or not until you get into quantities I don't think you guys are interested in at this point. I just can't really afford to charge less - it's the time involved as much as anything. On the other hand, I will ship large batches directly for you, and do more design work for you if you want something different down the line or want a plain button available.

JRF - Thanks for the info. I will check out Paypal. I may have confused it with a different service that was doing ccards (and maybe other stuff) on-line for people we know a while back.

------------------
email on profile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.