Community
Wiki Posts
Search

www.boycottdelta.org

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:13 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
EXCUSE ME, but when our freedom and liberty is threatened by a bunch of well intentioned, power hungary bureaucrats, and over zealous law enforcement types my panties tend to get bunched up a little.</font>
Panties, Bob?

That's information without which I could have survived...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
Is the Boycott Delta site "over the top"? Perhaps! But the reason for its creation is right on target. The price of TRUE Freedom & Liberty is an increased risk to ones well being. </font>
So the end justifies the means? So it doesn't matter that the site contains huge inaccuracies and lies because the end is just?

Freedom & liberty are fundamental rights to be cherished but nothing on that web site suggests to me that the authors even understand the issues. Disinformation is disinformation whether the source is a government or a bunch of amateur crusaders who want to sell sweat shirts and play cool while exploiting fear.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka:
I just heard about a boycott of Delta because of their involvement with running credit checks and background investigations of their customers, that CAPPS trial testing thing.
There's even a way to donate miles to charity...very cool.
The site is www.boycottdelta.org

Cheers,

</font>
I am a DAL employee, and I just want to clear up that there is no credit check going on at DAL.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vikedog64:
I am a DAL employee, and I just want to clear up that there is no credit check going on at DAL. </font>
...and I thought we had no more Delta employees in this forum anymore.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Vikedog64, and thank you for posting. You are most welcome here!
Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vikedog64:
I am a DAL employee, and I just want to clear up that there is no credit check going on at DAL.</font>
With all due respect, I'm not sure that you would know. Delta apparently has volunteered to test CAPPS II at three airports. Maybe you work somewhere else?

Bruce
Old Mar 14, 2003, 2:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Canarsie:
Panties, Bob?

</font>
It's a figure of speech canarsie. Free Speech I might add. Use it while you still can, the thought police are on the way.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 3:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CelticFlyer:
So the end justifies the means? So it doesn't matter that the site contains huge inaccuracies and lies because the end is just?

Freedom & liberty are fundamental rights to be cherished but nothing on that web site suggests to me that the authors even understand the issues. Disinformation is disinformation whether the source is a government or a bunch of amateur crusaders who want to sell sweat shirts and play cool while exploiting fear.
</font>
And you know all of these things about the creators of the website how? How do you know they are amateurs? How do you know they are cool? Did YOU investigate their backgrounds?

As for shotgun blasts that the site contains inaccuracies, enlighten us as to what they are and provide links or documentation to support your allegations

Old Mar 14, 2003, 6:06 pm

And you know all of these things about the creators of the website how? How do you know they are amateurs? How do you know they are cool? Did YOU investigate their backgrounds?

As for shotgun blasts that the site contains inaccuracies, enlighten us as to what they are and provide links or documentation to support your allegations

</font>
Look at the sections on Delta supposedly ruining your credit rating. These people don't even know how the current credit rating system works. They are making incorrect assumptions about the impact on your credit score - or worse, they know fine well that your credit score won't be affected but they choose to ignore that because they prefer to exploit fear.

I didn't say they were cool. As it happens I think they are not. They want to sell shirts etc. - that fact is displayed on their web site. They are clearly amateurs since they haven't researched their subject - or maybe they have and they are liars. Either way they have left the door open to legal action by Delta and it is up to Delta whether they bother or not.

[This message has been edited by CelticFlyer (edited 03-14-2003).]
Old Mar 14, 2003, 6:40 pm

Originally posted by Canarsie:
Panties, Bob?

</font>
It's a figure of speech canarsie. Free Speech I might add. Use it while you still can, the thought police are on the way.
I was kidding, Bob, but you probably knew that because I thought it before I wrote it. I just don't use those little smileys....or is it smilies?...

The amazing powers of a cockroach...
Old Mar 15, 2003, 7:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Canarsie:
I was kidding, Bob, but you probably knew that because I thought it before I wrote it. I just don't use those little smileys....or is it smilies?...

</font>
I know Canqrsie!

Old Mar 15, 2003, 7:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CelticFlyer:
Look at the sections on Delta supposedly ruining your credit rating. These people don't even know how the current credit rating system works. They are making incorrect assumptions about the impact on your credit score -

Either way they have left the door open to legal action by Delta and it is up to Delta whether they bother or not.

[This message has been edited by CelticFlyer (edited 03-14-2003).]
</font>
First off the number of inquiries does affect your credit! How do I know? I was denied credit due to the number of of inquiries. Said so on the denial letter. Score one for the accuracy of the web site!

TWO: I hope Delta does sue them, More negative PR for the ATL bully! The only thing more "over the Top" than the afore mentioned website is the undying arrogance of the major airlines, Delta in particular. I don't know but if I was the #3 company in a industry that has lost about 13 BILLION dollars I might at least look up the word humility and learn how to use it in a sentence.

Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:08 am

</font>
I know Canqrsie!

------------------

Of course you know! Aren't you one of those thought police?

By any chance, is your FlyerTalk name derived from the infamous New Jersey pine barrens? If it is, I guess it did not take a Wharton scholar to figure that one out.

now back to our regularly-scheduled topic...

Why is it that the creators of www.boycottdelta.org easily received media coverage, but yet the www.saveskymiles.com group has not recently as of yet?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 9:51 am

First off the number of inquiries does affect your credit! How do I know? I was denied credit due to the number of of inquiries. Said so on the denial letter. Score one for the accuracy of the web site!
</font>
When you apply for credit the company you apply will most likely obtain your credit file *but* the inquiries they see are only those which have also been applications for credit. They do not see or base a score on inquiries for employment purposes, promotional purposes or inquiries from you yourself.

There isn't a single piece of tangible evidince that the TSA use of credit file data would be reported to potential creditors and there is a *lot* of evidence that the current system can easily support inquiries from a TSA sponsored systems without those inquiries in any way shape or form affecting your credit score.

Score Zero for the web site. Looks like their scare tactics are having the desired effect though.

I think there are a number of improvements that could be made to the credit report system *and* I think that the FCRA should me modified to contain specific rules concerning use by CAPPSII, but the claims made by this group regarding Delta being a "credit killer" are libelous.

Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum;HH Diamond; PC Platinum; Marriott Platinum
This thread sounds like it should be moved to a "midwestern militia" website, rather than be on FT!
Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CelticFlyer:
[B] When you apply for credit the company you apply will most likely obtain your credit file *but* the inquiries they see are only those which have also been applications for credit. They do not see or base a score on inquiries for employment purposes, promotional purposes or inquiries from you yourself.

There isn't a single piece of tangible evidince that the TSA use of credit file data would be reported to potential creditors and there is a *lot* of evidence that the current system can easily support inquiries from a TSA sponsored systems without those inquiries in any way shape or form affecting your credit score.

Score Zero for the web site. Looks like their scare tactics are having the desired effect though.

I think there are a number of improvements that could be made to the credit report system *and* I think that the FCRA should me modified to contain specific rules concerning use by CAPPSII, but the claims made by this group regarding Delta being a "credit killer" are libelous.

So what? It is still incredibly intrusive and has yet to satisfy the 'necessity' test. Seeing my [excellent] credit will shed no light on my likelihood or lack thereof being a terrorist.

They can look at my police record if they choose. That seems relevant. The credit thing has no relevance.

[This message has been edited by bnaboy (edited 03-15-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.