Wiki Posts
Search

MQM vs. nonMQM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2003, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
MQM vs. nonMQM

I have just booked a M-class fare JFK-ATH.

If I understand correctly, I will earn 1.5x MQM. In Delta's Membership Guide, it also states that coach tickets(class non-specific) will earn actual miles flown. Are there two separate balances for MQM and non-MQM miles? And if so, which balance indicates the actual miles I have available for awards? Thanks for you help.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 3:12 pm

Your actual miles towards rewards will equal miles flown (500 min). Your MQM, will equal 1.5 times mile flown. This ONLY impacts your ability to reach Medallion status. Your Million Miler balance will increase by miles flown but, if you had made the flight after 4/30, you would get 1.5 times Million Miles also.

marc
Old Mar 12, 2003, 3:13 pm

MQM is relevant only for medallion qualification and has nothing to do with miles available for redemption. So, you will earn actual miles flown in terms of miles available for redemption.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the help. it means that in just two of these JFK-ATH returns, I'll regain my silver. but after reading all the comments about the changes, not sure I want to. And as luck would have it, the other airline I have miles with is BA!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:21 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by justforfun:
thanks for the help. it means that in just two of these JFK-ATH returns, I'll regain my silver. but after reading all the comments about the changes, not sure I want to. And as luck would have it, the other airline I have miles with is BA!</font>
Yes, you are one of the winners with the new system.... You get elite level quicker...

Old Mar 13, 2003, 5:09 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
Yes, you are one of the winners with the new system.... You get elite level quicker...

</font>
Actually, there are no winners under the new system. As that immortal line in the movie "War Games" states, " The only way to win is not to play at all."

Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
"Actually, there are no winners under the new system. As that immortal line in the movie "War Games" states, " The only way to win is not to play at all.""

Thanks Profesor Falken... now I will have that tune from that movie in my head all day long...

http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf...mes/strange.au

The above link should get you the chance to hear the quote

[This message has been edited by GoCanes (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:55 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by justforfun:
I have just booked a M-class fare JFK-ATH.</font>
Can I come along? I miss Athens and the islands. Please take the precaution of being low profiled at this time. Usually the Greeks differentiate between the US government and it's citizens but with the November 17 trials going on and the Iraq situation I'm being told by my friends there that American sediment is not good. Athens is the place of regular site of war protests so reading this site http://www.ekathimerini.com/ is advised.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the advice. anit-american sentiment can get rather volatile there. I don't even want to go into what the opinion on 9/11 was. but being greek-american, i can blend in rather easily.

Old Mar 14, 2003, 2:45 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
We were in Athens in November, 2001... the odd opinions about 9/11 were amazing!

It is, however, highly ironic that roughly the same proportion of Greeks attribute the attacks (ignorantly, to be sure) to Israelis/CIA as ignorant Americans attribute them to Iraq.

Seems willful ignorance knows no bounds, particularly when cynically manipulated by politicians with an agenda.

Enjoy Greece.

------------------
Willful ignorance is worse than stupidity.
e-mail address under profile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.