Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traffic nightmare about to happen at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2003, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

That explains why air travel was disrupted worldwide for several weeks.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 6:31 am

krjones
Maybe it's just me,but jokes about ANYONE that gets killed by a bomb aren't all that funny.Just MHO.
Understand your point though.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 7:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
It's only 5 AM here on the Left Coast and the rare sound of laughter at that hour could be heard in my home office after reading krjone's anecdote. Then I read jabez's mild rebuke and thought, Hey, maybe this shouldn't be funny! Read the anecdote again and laughed even louder. Maybe I should go back to bed....
Old Mar 6, 2003, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yashan:
So while he was chasing you down, who was checking all the other cars?</font>
Interesting question! I seemed to be the only person around at that hour, which was 5 a.m. or so. It was still pitch-black out (in May!), and I really never saw him standing there -- if he was even there, which is another good question. There was nothing but a lone stop sign on a pole, so I stopped briefly then drove on.

Bruce
Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum;HH Diamond; PC Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Having been through ATL on 2/25 and again on 3/5, I found the searches to be a non-issue. No long waits at all. In fact, having allowed 2 hours before my flight, I ended up with an hour at the gate on Tuesday morning, prior to boarding.

[This message has been edited by JLL5100 (edited 03-06-2003).]
Old Mar 10, 2003, 2:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JLL5100:
Having been through ATL on 2/25 and again on 3/5, I found the searches to be a non-issue. No long waits at all. In fact, having allowed 2 hours before my flight, I ended up with an hour at the gate on Tuesday morning, prior to boarding.

</font>

I can't recall as far back as 02/28 but are you sure they were checking cars on 03/05? They weren't checking on 03/02 or 03/07. I hope you weren't just subject to an unofficial "search" by some guy pretending to be TSA.

Old Mar 10, 2003, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

FYI....some friends and I were talking about all of this nonsense at dinner the other night, and it so happened that one of the reporters from WBS2..the local ABC affiliate, was at the next table. Her name is Lori Ghery (sp?), and she said that they canceled it as SOON as the Orange alert was lifted cause it was costing the City of Atlanta 5K per day to do the roadblocks!!!! Evidently, according to her, the roadblocks were supposed to go up at the start of the Orange alert but the city and airport claimed they needed more time to get their act together. So, that's the reason it started when it did. Let's hope this idiocy doesn't happen again!
Old Mar 11, 2003, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I hope she agreed that it is idiocy! The whole procedure contributes next to nothing to security.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.