Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kiss my Big Booty Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
underpressure, today one of my accounts who is a GM and his wife is an FO called me up to discuss the program changes. He had just received the letter that DL sent out telling us "These modifications were carefully considered as a way to continue to earn your business and to express our deep gratitude for your loyalty".

He does not follow FT, was totally pissed off and already switching to AA. I advised him to read some of the threads on FT and write to DL.

He was first reading about the changes that we have all been aware of for several weeks. He wasn't bored, and trust me, there are many others just like him out there.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
I for one hope that DL will see some of the excellent points made in these posts and wake up.

If changes do not occur by DL, If there are no revisions made to restore some really meaningful benefits to DL's top tier of FF, then these boards will really heat up toward the end of 2003 when the Platinum flier see their perks really disappear.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by heckler:
Is there any empirical data online available to us mortals which details DL's income, expeditures, financial situation, numbers of passengers boarded etc? Would be an interesting read..

Steve G
</font>
Steve, for the Consolidated Finanacial Highlights of Delta Air Lines for years ended December 31, 2001 and 2000, try this link for starters.

Revenue for 2001 was US$13,879,000,000 - down 17% from 2000.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ThisDJ:
I for one hope that DL will see some of the excellent points made in these posts and wake up.

If changes do not occur by DL, If there are no revisions made to restore some really meaningful benefits to DL's top tier of FF, then these boards will really heat up toward the end of 2003 when the Platinum flier see their perks really disappear.
</font>
...or these boards will become very, very quiet as mostly everyone will have disappeared to other boards because they began flying other airlines.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 6:55 pm
Suspended

I'm too busy earning MQMs to be bored. If you guys would start flying you would have less time to b1tch.

Censorship sucks! I lived up to my part, Randy failed to live up to his.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AgMedallion:
[B] That's not counting many hundreds, even thousands, of elites who don't even know about this website and who we therefore have no knowledge of.
</font>
Someone in my office just returned from new orleans - told me when he was standing in check-in line at southwest, the woman in front of him was complaining on and on about the new delta changes to medallion. :-)

Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I for one do not miss Mr. Borden over at AA.

Y'all can have him - and I must say, he is definitely helping AA right now from everything I have read here.

I'm surprised DL is paying him..lol
</font>
Maybe AA is still paying him :-)

Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Based on a recent conversation with my favorite Delta person, I believe that Delta really did need to reduce the number of Medallions and set out to do so. At the same time, they wanted to bring Medallion benefits more into line with other airlines, as a cost-saving move that wouldn't cause great problems if other airlines were comparable.

Obviously, they accomplished the first goal and overshot the second. I, too, believe that some additional benefits will be rolled out for GMs and PMs before May 2003.

Bruce
</font>
Isn't this contrary to all their statements that they beleive the new improved system will not result in a reducition in medallion members? Of course, as one of the medallion members that will probably lose status, I don't beleive that bunk.

also, their new system still does not reward for the dollars spent on a flight - for this to be the case, there would have to be at least some logic to the fares they charge. Yes, it might give more MQMs to the person on a particular flight that paid K fare versus person on same flight that paid U fare ... BUT it does not make any sense when you look at miles awarded for long haul flight for $300 versus short haul 500 mile flight for the same price.

DL just probably just eliminated most of their short haul fliers from elite status - I am not really sure why what business is no longer important to them.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Based on a recent conversation with my favorite Delta person, I believe that Delta really did need to reduce the number of Medallions and set out to do so. At the same time, they wanted to bring Medallion benefits more into line with other airlines, as a cost-saving move that wouldn't cause great problems if other airlines were comparable.

Obviously, they accomplished the first goal and overshot the second. I, too, believe that some additional benefits will be rolled out for GMs and PMs before May 2003.

Bruce
</font>

Maybe DL should get rid of the Medllions that got it for NOT flying DL. OH, I think it is a good Idea to give Marriott and HHonors FO.

How bout Amex miles going to qualification for Medallion.

Leave those of us "who earned it the old fashoned way" alone.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
[B]
Maybe DL should get rid of the Medllions that got it for NOT flying DL. OH, I think it is a good Idea to give Marriott and HHonors FO.

</font>
They did that?

Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
Motivation? Oh, it probably looked good on paper. Let's dilute our FF program to such an extent that we'll keep the high rollers flying our "elite" product and ultimately, all of the peons will be relegated to our LCC. I call it HUBRIS.</font>
Frankly, that is exactly what my thoughts are. Great minds do think alike.

They are about to unleash the LCC and if that succeeds, they intend to convert the majority of their routes to that one class no frills service. The only flights that will have a front cabin will be the transcons and a select few other high yield routes. On those, if you want to sit in the front, you will have to pay the piper, hence the new program.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:40 pm

rssrsvp- your post summarising the changes was the best I have seen. Would you consider putting a dear delta letter together that I could hand out. If you could e-mail it to me I will do my bit in getting it out in Atlanta.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP - US CP
Hubris indeed! Bravo for calling it as it is!
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:44 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Revenue.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP - US CP
I seriously think that this thread should be cleaned up, consolidated and sent on to Delta. My guess is that it has already made the rounds but reinforcement is always a good thing. At least they'll have something to look back on to see where they went wrong ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.