Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Above & Beyond certificates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2002, 11:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Don't do that please B747! I like the info you provide us here. I realize you are not infallible but you know so much more than I do.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
Or perhaps I should just keep most of my correspondence offline as I have been doing lately anyway. It's simply not worth the hassles and abusive emails that tend to be generated.</font>
Old Apr 18, 2002, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
B747-437B is a big boy and can defend himself, but I'll throw in some additional support. Most of us post the best information that we have at the moment. We don't do fact-checking like the New York Times does. We know certain things and THINK we know other things. Occasionally, we post "facts" that turn out to be inaccurate. I don't believe that this happens intentionally -- except perhaps in very rare instances involving particular individuals, not including our own B747!

If all of us held back posting until we were absolutely, positively sure of every word, then this board would shrink to a tenth of its current size. Maybe some people would like that, but I would regret losing access to most of the information that I get here.

I know that every posting has not been cleared by a roomful of lawyers, but I am capable of exercising my own judgment as to the likely accuracy of any information, taking into account the source. This is NOT a unique skill! We all have it and exercise it every day.

Bruce
Old Apr 18, 2002, 8:45 am

Since I am the one that criticized B747. I just wanted to say, as I did earlier, that I do appreciate B747s input...especially the technical perspective.

But, what bothered me is that he made a comment that sounded as fact and just 3.5 hours later gave the source of his info as unreliable. Though I may sometimes disagree with it, I respect B747s opinion.

It's just not knowing whether it is his opinion or fact that concerns me.
Old Apr 18, 2002, 3:01 pm

Nothing is fact unless its from an official source. If you want official sources, may I refer you to Delta.com

Old Apr 18, 2002, 6:13 pm

B747 ignore the rudeness, you are greatly appreciated, please keep sharing your great knowledge.
docs
Old Apr 18, 2002, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

B747 - stick around and keep providing all the info. I love to read your posts.

The only commment I think is being mentioned here is that maybe your original response should have said something like "I heard.." or "Word is..." or "Rumor is...", or "Someone told me...", etc.

The original post seemed factual (or darn close), and yes, we all know nothing here is truly fact and final, as only the all knowing and forever dancing PR folks know the "facts".

Thanks for being here 747!
Old Apr 18, 2002, 8:26 pm

I'll add my appreciation - thanks very much B747 for all the info you have provided. Please keep on doing just that - its so helpful.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA1MMEXP, DL1MMPM, UAExecPrem, IT Gold, Hilton Dia, SPG PL, Marriott Sil, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC5*
Wrote DL Customer Care re: the program. Here's the response:

Dear Mr. Xxxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail to Delta Air Lines.

That program was cancelled. Perhaps writing a brief letter of compliment
and addressing it to the general office of Delta Air Lines in Atlanta,
Georgia could suffice.

Your selection of Delta is appreciated, and we will always do our best
to merit your confidence and support.

Sincerely,

X.X. Xxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.