Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Journey Control: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by micmath
That's a shame. Was this recently? In the beginning Journey Control was still in effect within the 24 hour window but there were so many complaints from the agents (or it was an oversight) that they released it 24 hours out. Agents could see the seats but could not protect inconvenienced passengers. It wasn't that way for very long.
The most recent occasion was 20 days ago on September 3rd at the Seattle airport. SEA-ATL-SDQ-ATL-SEA.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Same-day standby wasn't allowed because the desired flight wasn't within 3 hours of my first ticketed segment.
The desired flight does not have to be within 3 hours of your first ticketed segment. It simply has to be on the same day as your ticketed segment.

You can confirm any flight you want on the same day as your ticketed segment. The only requirement is that there are seats available in the cabin you ticketed and that you do the change within three hours of the desired flight, not the original ticketed flight.

So, for example, if you are booked at 5 p.m. but the flight you want is at 11 a.m., you can confirm the 11 a.m. flight beginning at 8 a.m. if seats are available in your class of service at that time.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Journey Control is not designed to get DL additional business. Au contraire, it is designed to ensure connecting traffic on the lower fares does not eat into Delta's revenue.

Point-to-point flights with no connection, on which DL can charge a premium in several markets, are being given the preference.
Like MCO-MSY I want a 6pm departure and they always try to put me on the noon direct rather than giving me the option of connecting via ATL and paying a higher fare class. THAT drives people who aren't devoted to DL to WN etc... I wish they'd show all the options on the original search by price page so that "low fare flyers" like myself could see all the options available.

The biggest problem with this is that I even put the time I want to depart in and I get results for noon. Big
Old Sep 25, 2006, 5:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Not that I'm bitter, because I understand the "why" of JCT, but it's implementation was the root cause of the actions described in my FT signature. I simply could not ethically continue booking myself on DL for company paid trips when another airline (also on my company's approved list) had nearly identical schedules but significantly lower fares. The fare gap showed immediately after JCT rolled out, and still exists.

I'm loyal to Delta, but they need to meet me halfway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.